1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Techcompu2, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Techcompu2

Ok I am going back to school in a few days and I got my supplies the other day. I got a messenger style bag kinda like the one seen HERE.

I am kinda wanting to put small pins on the front throughout the year, and if I do I want to put one that would in someway represent my sexuality. If I do that, I don't want to get a large button style pin like they give out for elections.

anyway, do any of you have any good ideas on where I might get something like this, and I would also like to know what types of things you might be doing this year to represent your life.

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

[YOUTUBE]fJSrjW9Wc4A[/YOUTUBE]

Also, you shouldn't get a messenger bag. They put too much pressure on one side of your body and can seriously mess up your back. Best to get a regular backpack where you can adjust the lengths of the arms and divide the weight equally (even if it doesn't look "cool").

3. GhostDog

Just as a warning, I've lost a lot of buttons and pins by putting them on my purse (which goes everywhere with me). Just make sure whatever pin you put on said bag isn't particularly precious to you. =/

And yeah, messenger bags are gonna make you really sore if you have to carry much around in them. If it's a notebook and some pencils, that may be fine, but if you put books in there you are gonna be hating life. =P

4. Techcompu2

definitely going to be putting the textbooks in a locker. there is no way I am putting them in the bag all the time. I am keeping a small binder, two spiral notebooks, pens/pencils, phone, etc.. in it nothing more than absolutely necessary. I wont put any pins/buttons on it that I have a special connection to, but thanks for the heads up on it anyway

EDIT: I understand the whole balance thing with the weight of the bag, but last year I almost always carried my normal backpack on one shoulder unless I was standing for a long period of time, & I had all of my books in it along with the stuff i mentioned above. I doubt that this could be much worse

#4 Techcompu2, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  5. Markio

I go back to school August 13th because I'm a resident advisor and need to be trained before Freshman Orientation.

I plan on wearing a rainbow wristband I got in San Francisco at some point during the year. Hopefully often, but we'll see.

6. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I find it odd that you don't plan on taking your textbooks home with you to study.
    I'm just saying that I speak from experience. Also, double strapped backpacks last so much longer and have more space. I've had this one backpack for over four years and I'm only just having to replace it this autumn.
    Do what you want; I'm only warning you.

7. mattypants

i know spencers and hot topic carry all kinds of pins/buttons...but for sexuality im not sure...

8. Techcompu2

I will be bringing my books home as needed in order to study, however some of them can be accessed off the school website. What I had been saying,is that I won't be carrying all of my books everywhere like I did last year. And as for the fact that you had the backpack for over four years, I must say that you must be getting better ones than me or my sister get b/c ours only last 1-2 years at the most.

we have both of those stores in our local mall. I will have to go there sometime then...

9. Just gonna add that mattypants is right, Hot Topic definitely has tons of pride stuff (at least where I am). Sometimes their whole window display is rainbow xD

10. Jace

i say dont sacrifice fashion to come out

i would never put pins on my bag
    i think its kinda tacky

and of course my bag is leather and quite a bit more expensive then your usual cavas messenger
    so...
    yeah

but i mean it's your bag
    just dont go overboard
    a few subtle pins can look nice
    ya know
    just not a fuck load of "omg scenexXxcore" hot topic pins
    gahhh if that store was a person i would beat them up

haha

11. Hoppip

Hmm, going off that, I think buttons are nice, but only when they're concentrated in a nice corner. There's a certain weight and distance and proximity factor that goes with it.

12. Shevanel

Corina. That is EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw the thread title xD <3

13. Techcompu2

agree 100%

14. Étoile

I got an Aeropostale messenger bag last summer and it still looks and works like a new one. It was kinda torturous because of the heavy folders and books and me not knowing where my locker was. Put much strain on my back but I love the bag too much. LOL This year, I'm gonna actually use my locker again. Anyway, a few pins and stickers would be clever. I'm not to fond of the refridgerator magnet look either. I'd like to get some pins but money is scarce ATM.

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a fan of buttons at all. They look tacky, cheap, and people use them for individuality through mainstream crap made in China.

16. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I love pins and buttons. I've never thought they looked tacky.

*shrug* Am I weird?

17. Techcompu2

I find lots of large buttons tacky, although a few small ones are fine

18. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dinky rainbow pins are cute but maybe that's just me?
    I'm pretty bold with it though cause everyone knows anyway so I don't know what to suggest subtle wise [I pretty much just have hot women in their underwear plastered all over my ring binder. Gets the point across and gives my male classmates and tutors something to stare at when the lessons get crappy lol. Which is generally never so they don't look that much hehe.]

19. 71390S

71390S Guest