1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncle Interrogated By FBI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swamp56, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm not joking lol. Here, I'll tell the story.

My uncle's last name is *deleted*, which is arabic, although he is as white as can be. He works for some kind of cooling and heating company and has a special license which allows him to drive vehicles of that nature, which apparently included oil trucks.

One day the phone rang at my aunt's house and she picked up and they said on the other line "This is the FBI, we're looking for Mr. *deleted*." She said "Is this a joke?" and they said no.

She told my uncle about this and he got a call as well from the FBI saying they wanted to "meet" him in a remote location like a parking lot. He agreed (obviously).

So he drives to this remote parking lot and waits and then an FBI car pulls up and these FBI agents get out of the car and look at him up and down. One of them looks at my uncle and goes, "wow, you look nothing like your last name, never mind, you can go now". My uncle just stood there like :confused: .

Because his license included the ability to drive an oil truck, and his last name was arabic, the FBI picked up on him and then wanted to meet him to make sure he wasn't some terrorist.

We had a family dinner with my aunt and uncle and my uncle was telling us the story. We had a few laughs about it, but I think it's really interesting that they actually do this within the higher echelons of the US government.

Interesting, no? Lol.

Also, this isn't a thread about debating whether racial profiling is right or wrong,and I'll have this closed/deleted it if becomes that.

#1 Swamp56, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  2. Beachboi92

that is hilarious and terrible at the same time xD i mean this doesn't seem possible because it would seem like they would look at a licensee or something or check I.D. before or even when they saw him. Something about that whole story seems fishy....

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I think he had his license before 9/11. He's been with that company for like ages.

EDIT:

I just remembered they checked his license when they saw him.

4. Shevanel

The thing about things like this is that you never know who these people actually are, if they're FBI, or just fakers, kidnappers, some other type of group with malicious intent. It's scary shit, Always ask for proper identification when encountering any law enforcement, although the FBI may not bother depending on the situation. But still, who knows who they could've been. I had something similar happen to me with an unmarked police car, they never really identified themselves, they just pulled up in a dark car, wearing police uniforms, 3 cops in one car? I've never heard of that. Who knows who they could've been, its a good thing nothing happened to me and my stepbrother that night =/

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm pretty sure at some point they showed my uncle their badge. Not sure when though lol. I have an awful memory, so I usually remember stories completely out of order. I'm pretty sure my meds make my memory worse too. I can't remember what I eat for breakfast ffs.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had the FBI come to my door when I was a child. They were looking for my uncle who went AWOL from the military. My uncle was hiding in our closet. I was so flipping scared. Funny, my uncle knew what a big mouth my little brother has so he took him to the closet with him. My mom could have got in serious trouble for aiding and abetting (is that how that is spelled?) a fugitive. Good thing they didn't have a search warrant. By the time they got back, my uncle had fled the scene. He even swam an ice covered river to get away from them but they finally caught up with him. I'm pretty sure he spent some time in jail for that one.

7. Markio

I think it's "abating", but that might just be a different word.

I don't understand why they just let him go. From the way you described it, it sounds like it's because he "doesn't look like his last name at all". That's a stupid reason to let someone go without further investigation. Although I think the real issue, or sad thing at least, is that there's all this secrecy with FBI investigations, torture, and terrorism in the first place. In a perfect world people would be heard and torture and secrecy wouldn't be necessary, nor even considered. I don't want people to put wet cloth on my face.

Sorry that I mentioned politics, but your story does include the FBI.

8. DexterMorgan

I would be scared out of my mind.

But that would be a funny story to tell, too. Haha

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

If the FBI called me and wanted to meet me I would probably microwave my had drive lol.

10. Shevanel

Because that's not suspicious at all :rolleyes:

11. littledinosaurs

Fbi =/= Cia

12. EM68

I was interviewed by the FBI about 15 years ago. It's a long story which I won't go through here but it was nerve raking. The thing that freaked me out was that there were 2 of them. One asking the questions and the other is quiet looking at body language to see if you are lying.

13. DexterMorgan

Are you still paranoid about the FBI and your stepfather??? lol

14. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Not at the moment, no -.- .

15. Nitro

That doesn't sound like the FBI at all - try vigilantes.

16. Beachboi92

i would never have trusted something like that. I would report that cause something is so fishy. The FBI wouldn't act like that i don't think. The whole meeting in a secluded parking lot and stuff just is not right. Everything about it rubs me the wrong way and sends off a billion different alerts in me that something is not right.

17. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you should have tag'd along and seen if you could have gotten ur picture taken with'm with one of the holding u in there arms lol and maybe an autograph lol i mean honestly how many people have ever met someone in the FBI

18. ANightDude

They send one of the biggest orginizations in the world after you if you go AWOL? Really? Quite scary.

19. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    o_o
    So glad I live in Australia right now. The FBI and CIA have some presence here I believe, but it's extremely minimal compared to the AFP.

20. Shevanel

Going AWOL is serious business.