1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinforce my argument.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fallendream, Aug 11, 2009.

1. fallendream

i need help reinforcing my arguement, ill post my conversation (from msn) with someone i know.

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: Are you still gay?

I say: ya, why?

I say: sexualit isn't something that changes

I say: sexuality*

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: You are too young to have sexual views...

I say: why?

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: And it actually does change...

I say: sexuality doesn't change, i know hundreds of gays that can back this up.

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: Because your sexual view right now comes from something that happened to you

I say: make an account on'emptyclosets.com' and post that point there ad see what peoples responses are

I say: my sexual view doesn't come from experience, sexuality comes from genetic structure and is pre-determined

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: You go to gay's forums??

I say: ya, why?

I say: its not an erotic forum, its a support forum

I say: it has a bunch pf cool people

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: But you did come out of the closet, right?

I say: yes

I say: why?

2. fallendream

id also apreciate if people could tell me which side they believe, sexuality is done by past experience or by dna.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely believe that sexuality's inborn. I knew when I was six years old that I wanted to marry a woman someday. While experiences in your life can make someone try to change or deny their sexuality, I don't believe it's caused by life experiences.
    Is he your age? I'd ask him how he knows he likes girls, and how he knows that he's not going to suddenly start liking guys in the future, if he assumes that you're going to develop an attraction to girls. If he tries saying that that's different, just call him out on it - tell him it's no different at all. It might help him look at it in a new light.

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Few if any people here would probably say that it's due to "past experiences", and this has probably been discused thousands of times, but anyways.

There's a number of studies to suggest it isn't purely genetic, but there's some environmental influences. Genetics may give you a predisposition, where things like hormones in the womb can effect brain structure and other things. Also evolutionary speaking homosexuality doesn't seem likely to be passed on.

Interesting is "Twin studies". If one is gay, the likelihood of the other being gay is higher in fraternal twins (different genetic material) than separate births at a rate of about 20%. This supports environmental over purely genetic. In identical twins, the rate is higher still, but interestingly not 100% (it's about 50%). Interesting would be if we could correlate it with whether or not the placenta and or amniotic sacs are shared, as that could give different environmental influences.

5. fallendream

part of the arguement went to how gays are bad and that they should be stone detc. etc. (hes from the middle east)

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: Being gay isnt Ok... If in 100 years more gay people will be, the population will eventually fall.

I say: look, less than 10% of the worlds population is gay, there are too many straight people. there are thousands of people put in care in the uk every year.

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: The percents are rising my dear homosexual friend.

I say: yes, but if we left you and you're god to it thered be genecide my favourite ass-wipe

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: In 1000 years everyone will be gay.

that last bit made me lol. im so gunna get cryo-frozen for a thousand years.

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Percentage is the same as it's always been, only now it's more visible because people aren't afraid of getting beat to death / burned at the stake.

7. fallendream

he mentioned how the jewish way of life doesn't tolerate the gays and that they agree with the arabas that im 'wrong' and he kept pulling up how im a sin so he was just feeding me ownage.

i asked him what religion he is and he said hes an arab, i pointed out where similar. he terrorises the world with sharia law, we terrorise the world with jude law =P

8. 71390S

71390S Guest

Yeah...obviously he doesn't know gay people have always existed, and homosexuality exists in other species. Plus, why 100 years? xD Even if that was true it makes no sense *head desk*

9. Just Adam

i believe sexuaality is genetic enviromental inffluences do contribute to the focusing of your feelings and development but i dont believe they create them

10. paco

paco Guest

12 is about the age when hormones start telling your body to become sexually attracted so 14 is plenty old enough to know something is up.

if sexuality was a past experience then we would hear all sorts of stories about gays becoming straight again after having another opposing experience i.e. those years of torture we all go through before we're comfortable enough with ourselves to accept that we're gay. if it was something like a learned behavior, most of us would have counter-learned it and become straight again.

and as for his belief that everyone will be gay, he's just an idiot, we dont breed, so we dont breed more gays, its probably some rare combination of genes in us that made us like the same sex rather than the opposite.

the problem you're running into with him is he's been trained to believe ridiculous nonsense, and since he's so used to accepting nonsense, real sense won't work because his training is geared specifically to elude sensible arguments.

#10 paco, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  11. xequar

--->>>> Daniel <<<<--- says: Because your sexual view right now comes from something that happened to you

Response: Really? What happened to me, exactly? Surely you know if you're willing to make such a bold statement.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Response: Really? What happened to me, exactly? Surely you know if you're willing to make such a bold statement.

Your mother smothered you, your father didn't take you hunting, and you were sexually abused by your Uncle Earl. That's what happened with all of us, right? :slight_smile:

>>>In 1000 years everyone will be gay.

...um, OK. At which point I'm assuming we'll have gotten the birthing chambers up and running, and we can all just go boink whoever we please.

Lex

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To clarify, dad didn't take any of us hunting because he wasn't present, he left mom when we were 5.

14. littledinosaurs

I'm a strong believer in thinking that most everything is a combination of nature & nurture.

15. fallendream

he told me im gay cos i have 3 sisters 0.o

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if they are older I can see why he says that. I remember one of those anti prop 8 vids that said if you had older siblings then you were more likely to be gay. I am the oldest of 4 and gay, so that theory is false in my book.

Any who, on to your argument; I believe that we are simply born gay/straight or otherwise oriented. True the world around us and some of our experiences may aid in our discovering of it, but I don't feel that it can sway us fully one way or another.

17. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I believe your born gay and if everyone will be gay in 1000 years i am so getting frozen :grin:

Although you don't agree with your friend's view you can't really stop him thinking it and i don't think you will change his opinion's but i personally agree with you

18. Beachboi92

For one the percentage of people who are homosexual is probably going to remain about the same. The more people the more likely you are to see some expressing homosexual tendencies just like in any species. There is part nurture part nature about it. Everyone being gay in 1000 years is just ignorant. I would have just responded with "are you retarded?" People are inherently straight just like people are born gay that is not going to change. Even if the majority of people where gay in 1000 years you would have the straight people in a position like we are in now. And besides that with all the ways people will be able to procreate in 1000 years it wouldn't matter. As for thinking your gay for having sisters...... Again i would have just asked him if he thinks at all before he comes to these conclusions. I think that sexuality is definitely fluid and can change slightly over time. But unless you are inherently straight and where sexually abused as a child and then go into counseling to realize your confusion was based on a resentment of the sex that abused you then you won't be switching to women anytime soon.
    I would ask him exactly what is "wrong" with homosexuality in his book and why he thinks you would change. Then when he spews some more stupidity just unload some actually intelligent thought out information and make him feel as stupid as he is acting. And i think the idea of telling him to post here is a great one. I am looking forward to unleashing some informational furry on an ignorant bystander.

19. Markio

I think Daniel was wrong to say what you are or aren't capable of, sexually, unless he was in bed with you to witness the specifics. When he said you were "too young to have sexual views", speak for yourself by stating your own experiences. You could have said, "My penis says otherwise", or "I definitely have sexual views, whether I want them or not".

When someone classifies you to a group (like homosexuals), it's hard to respond without referring to the group as a whole. But it's more accurate and harder to dispute when you speak from personal experience instead of stating what you believe is fact and the other person doesn't believe as fact. That's like "am not-are too" status.

Personally, I used to think homosexuality was genetic, but now I don't care. If a cause is found, people are likely to try and find a solution. But I don't think homosexuality needs to be solved, it's not a "problem" as much as homophobia is.

20. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Woah! hey, my dad took me hunting and i own a rather impressive gun collection and i love the cock just as much as any other gay man here

and besides once national geographic release's there study everyone will know its genetic, they did a study on brain patterns and found that gay men have the same brain pattern as straight women, and lesbians are equivalent to straight guys, but since it only contained about 100 people the study was deem'd to small, to there going to broaden it to 100K people and whenever they finish that it'll prove its genetic