1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XD @ Product Companies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

So, we bought Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix on the first of the month (in the pouches).

A few days ago, my sister made hot cocoa, left for a few minutes, and came back and took a sip, only to find she just swallowed a bunch of larva. She figured it was the gnats, and made a control cup with a lid (so nothing could get in.)

3 days went by, and she remembered this morning, and looked. Worm larvae, everywhere. She goes to the package, and finds about half of it missing. She asked me if I took it when I got home, and no, I haven't had cocoa. So my oldest sister did it.

She proceeded to open another package, which, tons of little worms crawled around.

She screamed, and mom told her to call the number. She did, they sent the "contaminated" pouches to them, and what do they say?

"We'll send you two coupons for free mix that corresponds to the type you bought"

Cause, apparently, when you get cocoa mix with worms in it, you totally want the SAME EXACT BRAND AND TYPE. >_> Yep.

XD Has anyone ever had/heard of anything like this?

2. Hoppip

The other day I got to play with this cool new object that I newly discovered. It looked like a tennis racket, but the wires were electrified so you could hit bugs with it and it'd go SNAP POP FIZZZzzzz and the bugs would die. It was extremely, extremely entertaining.

This is completely off-topic, isn't it? Well, I wanted to tell someone about it! D:

3. GhostDog

Oh my god

Ew

... EWWW.

I would demand money for new clothes, which probably would have been hit with nasty-ass hot cocoa after I SPIT THAT SHIT OUT. OH GOD THAT IS SO GROSS.

SO GROSS

That's weird. Only time I've ever had bug experiences has been in restaurants, and the management has been all "Oh shit, we're so sorry, EVERYTHING IS COMPED SORRY SORRY PLEASE COME BAAACK ;_; SO SORRY." You'd think product companies would be the same. =/

4. stymied

stymied Guest

I remember seeing an article in the news that a man got $300,000 for having a dead fly in his water bottle. And that's like dozens of larvae. Your sister is pretty much set for life.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it seems the Supreme Court of Canada overruled the case.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/05/22/scoc-fly.html?ref=rss

#4 stymied, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  5. Étoile

My mom and extended family once when to a Ruby Tuesday in a smaller town. After waiting for more than an hour, the food was disgusting. They complained to the waiter and he calmly told them this:

"I'm so sorry about that. Can I get those plates from you guys? We recycle our food."

My family proceeded to laugh and thought he was joking. But then he said, "I'm serious. We keep the leftovers for other dishes. It's really benefical and saves us money."

I'm not shocked about the recycling part (who knows what goes on in the kitchen) but why would he openly tell them that?

6. endless poetry

I`ve heard about mice in bagged milk (yes some Canadians drink bagged milk get over it)

and dead body in juice. <-- I`ll go in detail...
    ... so see, there are these tanks that have large quantities of juice awaiting to be packaged and what not. So they were doing a check up, to find a dead body. Yup an employee was pulled down by the mixing arm thing and later found afloat... hmm ... did they already ship the juice boxes out? yup. Did they bother declaring a recall? no, they just closed the business down and this secret was only to be revealed a few weeks later.... .... oh joy bodily fluids even living people don`t see everyday... IN MY GRAPE JUICE hoorah.

7. Just Adam

i once cracked an egg into a pan and had a dead chick come out :S....that scared me for likea few days

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This would violate the health and safety code of every state in the US. If you have the details (restaurant location, state, date, etc), I would report that to [email protected]. The guy was probably joking, but you should not even joke about stuff like that.

Likewise, the OP should also report the experience with the Swiss Miss to tips@consumerist. Consumerist is the largest blog on the web for consumer issues (owned by the nonprofit Consumer Reports) and they LOVE stuff like this... they report it and companies actually take action because they don't like getting publicly embarrassed.

9. ANightDude

That so would have screwed me up for years. Haha. I would have been terrified to crack an egg.

10. Étoile

I vaguely remember the town they where in and it happened last summer. Should I really report them?

11. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I once left an open box of cereal in my cupbard for like 8 years, and when i went rummaging for food i found it poured some out into a bowl and it had dead bugs, worms and spiders in it, i was so freaked out i threw it on the grill and torched it and since then i have yet to touch cereal ever again, although i guess that would be my fault

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would. They might not post it on their blog, given that it happened a last summer but that way if someone else reports something similar, they will have the previous info and can post on it. I would def do so. The consumerist people are good folks and very responsible so they will check it out before they report it.

13. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh. One time Mum got some health food cereal and it had worms in it. >_> Thankfully we didn't eat it before we noticed.

14. Possibly Maybe

Roughly two weeks ago I had a wasp buzzing inside the carrot bag i bought. i killed the bastard before it had time to beat me.

15. Choucho

I went to a restaurant in a mall one time for supper with my mom and grandmother. I ordered mozerella sticks, which came with a dipping dish of salsa and a couple leaves of lettuce on the plate. So, when I got it I ate all my mozerella sticks and used up a fair portion of the salsa. Not wanting to waste anything, I prepared to eat the lettuce. When I unfolded it (to begin ripping it up) I found a dead fly inside. I didn't want to embarass the waiters or anything, so I went up to the counter and quietly explained what happened. Got my meal for free. 8D

I order cds from a site called 'YesAsia.com' since I cannot buy cds from Taiwan/South Korea etc. anywhere near where I live. So far I've had a few problems with this company;
    1. One of the cds I received was faulty. It wasn't scratched (not that I could see anyway) but a number of the songs skipped or were scratchy. I wrote them an e-mail and they told me to send it back. I did, and then they sent it back to ME with a piece of paper that had the word 'fine' written on it.
    2. One of the cds I received had a cracked case. No big deal, the cd words fine.
    3. A number of items I've ordered, I have not received. They only check to see if an item is in stock after they receive your payment, and at least 3 times I have payed for items and not received them. Instead they give me 'store credit,' where I would much prefer my actual money back.

Hmm. That's all I can really think of atm.

16. Étoile

Maybe the worms were in there on purpose. It was a health food cereal and worms are a good source of fiber.:lol:

Choucho, #1 sounds like something from a movie. Can someone say unprofessional?