1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do You Display Your Pride?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jul 24, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Everyone has a reason for displaying their pride in their sexuality. But the reason may be different for each person. Why do you display yours? Also what do you wear/have that shows your pride?

Personally I wear my rainbow pride to show people that yeah I'm gay and i don't care what you say. Also I definatly love that it shows others my age that I am not interested in guys and that any other gay/bi girls out there are free to hit on me if they would like. I'm sick of having guys check me out. Its like 'sorry guys i'm girls only'.
    For my collection of pride stuff I have a rainbow arm band, a 'Pride' shirt, a pin that says "I <3 girls", two rainbow heart pins and a rainbow peace sign. In my room i have a rainbow yin yang clock and the inside of my closet has a ton of pride signs.

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

Well i dont actually have any pride stuff because i haven't found anything yet lol.

But i show my pride because I want people to know that being gay isnt a bad thing, because i'm not a bad person. And that i can be gay if i want and it doesn't matter what they say, and they shouldn't be afraid of me or think that i'm weird (because i'm gay)
    (they can think i am weird cause...i am, but not because i'm gay)

3. JSG

JSG Guest

I don't display it openly that I like guys (why should I?).
    The only pride item I wear is my teeth.

I wear braces and there's a little elastic on every tooth, so I asked the dentist to arrange them in a rainbow.
    It's pretty discreet, but cute :slight_smile:

4. GuitarGirl1350

I wear my pride because it gives me an insane amount of confidence. I don't feel compelled to hide or lie, and it makes me feel a million times better about myself.

I have a wristband, tie and choker that I alternate between and my nails are always painted in rainbow colours. I'm on the hunt for a rainbow studded belt and bracelet ^_^

5. Sam

Sam

I have a be yourself rainbow bag, a rainbow duffel bag, an equality symbol ring, and a rainbow pride bracelet.

I show it to show that I'm not afraid of hiding anymore and so maybe guys will get the clue to leave me alone and for other girls to think hmm she likes girls too.

6. Jerr

I sport my arm band... every now and then... usually I do this because I'm so like touchy with my female friends I want it known I like the boys. lol

7. gaynproud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dispaly my pride because I am proud of being me!!!
    I am not afraid to show that I am a gay man who loves the guys or should I say Guy.
    Dont ever be ashamed of you be ashamed of people who cant get past ignorance.

In my pride I have pride shirts, Pride hats, Pride pins,
    Pride neclaces, belts,wrist bands,shoe laces,pflag pins,brcelets,blinking boa,sheets pillows,fans candels,flags car stickers,licenceplate,

I guess you probably know by now if its out there and pride oriented I am in onor doing it,

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE I KNOW I DO(!)

8. Kimi

I don't because showing off my sexuality to everyone that I don't even know their names in public is not something I like...

And plus, I still don't know why telling its sexuality to others is so important...

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Well that's gonna happen cause every man is very hormonal (basically horny), so they'll look at every girl that walks by. :grin:

And some guys (most of the ones i know) think lesbians are hot :rolleyes:, so what can you do?

10. Gera-Kun

Hmmm. well, I came out because i really wanted a date for my senior prom, which will be like in two years... I don't really wear anything that shows i am cause all i really wear is black...and i can't find any pride stuff, so yeah.

11. K0msomolets

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't take this the wrong way please. I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just curious. Can somebody explain to me the rationale behind publicly displaying your pride in being gay? I always thought that if you're proud to be gay then you just are proud to be gay, why do you need to announce it on street corners. And why do it with a piece of clothing/emblem/logo/badge or whatever anyway - why not just be proud to say it to those who enquire or need to know?

Well I suppose some christians wear a cross around their necks just as some jews wear a star of david, but do they do it out of pride? (christians if im not mistaken shouldn't be 'proud' - it being a deadly sin 'n all) Makes you wonder why they wear it at all, no? Here in England you sometimes see St Georges flags in peoples windows and dangling from every open car window indeed even when england isn't playing estonia at football/soccer - the equivalent to what I call 'God bless America images' on tv of USA flags planted in a series of front yards all the way down a street. Don't get me wrong - people will always do whatever floats their boat. Indeed its good to be patriotic and its good to be proud of what you are. Great! But must it be shared with the world so publically. Just imagine if people started showing how proud they were to be straight! OMG - i'd projectile vomit nonestop! Then again I still have 'issues':roflmao: see, http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2722 but nevertheless I'd still like to know as its a reasonable question.

12. emerald

Well I have rainbow everything. Except for a pair of pants. u.u And some interesting shirts. I wear them all the time for a lot of reasons. Just to show that I'm proud and I don't care if people know. And it makes it easier when I'm in the mall or something. People see whatever it is I'm wearing and know without me having to tell them. And not only that but you see people walking around with shirts saying their favourite sports team or band or whatever and it's basically just another part of my personality I express with my clothes?

13. Grof142007

I used to wear a ally button i stop since i got out HighSchool But i wore it because i belive in the cause.

If i had any pride i would wear it because i want to let them know up front that IM GAY and i dont want the talking behind my back to other people wondering if i am or not.

But im 2 chicken to wear anything BIG pride like a belt i will settle for a ring or something that big

14. SadConfusedBandGeek

I think it is less of a "I'm Proud that I am gay"
    and more of a "I'm proud of who i am, and a part of who i am is gay"

I am just proud to be me and i can say that I am proud of every part of myself.

15. K0msomolets

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some good answers so far. It always helps to get different points of view.

16. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, a few months ago when I first started coming out, I wouldn't have even considered wearing a pride emblem of any kind. I've never been into wearing bright clothing, especially multi-coloured rainbow apparel. But now I'm fully accepting of the fact I am gay. I've just bought some small badges. One says "It's a Matter of Pride" with a small rainbow on it, and the other badge says "Why are all the cool girls lesbians?". I'm going to get a few more but I've only seen them at the Royal Adelaide Show, so my friend will get them when she goes tomorrow. I'd also like a pride bracelet, so I'll have to start looking around. I can't wear anything like that to work though, because it's a very professional atmosphere...they wouldn't approve of anyone wearing rainbow coloured accessories..:eusa_naug

I've already started wearing the "It's a Matter of Pride" badge, because I really like it. I'm not wearing it for the purpose of 'telling the world' because it's not important for everyone to know about my sexual preference. But I think it does make it easier for other gay people ..& by people, I mean GIRLS...to identify. Alot of my friends, & other people assume that I'm straight because I don't fit the 'stereotypical lesbian' criteria. So I figure at least this way it makes things a bit easier. I mean, if every gay person wore a pride emblem it would clear up alot of confusion & dissapointment associated with mistakingly hitting on straight people :lol:

In saying that, I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm not saying all gays should be 'identified' or 'branded' & wear pride symbols. So sorry if anyone took that the wrong way.

17. xequar

Beyond the pride aspects of it, it's somewhat of a political statement, as well. I don't wear any jewelery or pride stuff on my person, but I do have pride stickers on my car. I display them because I'm finally happy and proud of who I am, and I fully aim to make a political statement of sorts. If the voting majority realizes that there are more GLBT people out there than they'd otherwise believe, and if they realize that we're not mutant freaks, then things might improve politically.

18. boynextdoor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been told I walk like a gay guy.
    I don't know how true that is, though.

19. SpikySpice

I want peopel to know more about the gay community, i want the gay community to b e more valuable by going around wearing and having gay and rainbow stuffs

I want people to know I am proud of myself an dthe community thta I am beloned to

20. Grof142007

Well Guys screw what i said i boought my self a pride belt today woot