1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmmm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fallendream, Aug 17, 2009.

1. fallendream

gay men cant do sport, according to stereotypes, so why have the euphanism 'batting for the other team'

2. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i was the best basketball and volley ball player in my school i could also jmpu the higest i have the award to prove that and ran in a half maathon . nuff said

3. fallendream

i said according to stereotypes

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I think the term batting for the other team is nice sounds alot better than "queer" or "faggot"

5. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    The "baseball metaphors for sex" are perhaps the most famous and widely-used set of polite euphemisms for sex and relationship behavior in the U.S. The metaphors encompass terms like "hitting it off" for a good start to relationship, "Striking out" for being unlucky with a love interest, and "running the bases" for progressing sexually in a relationship. The "bases" themselves, from first to third, stand for various levels of sexual activity from French kissing to "petting", itself a euphemism for manual genital stimulation, all of which is short of "scoring" or "coming home", sexual intercourse. "Hitting a home run" describes sex during the first date, "batting both ways" or "batting for the other team" describes bisexuality or homosexuality respectively, and "stealing bases" refers to initiating new levels of sexual contact without invitation. Baseball-related euphemisms also abound for the "equipment"; "Bat and balls" are a common reference to the male genitalia, while "glove" or "mitt" can refer to the female anatomy.

thank wikipedia

6. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    "batting for the other team" probably had something to do with straights not being able to get the person they like (in the beginning).

7. ANightDude

We may be batting for the other team, but I think we are winning. :lol:
    Kinda.