1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay is no big deal.....REALLY!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jtonka1, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Jtonka1

When I first relized I was gay, like most people. I was freaked out by the thought. I had gay friends and I always "knew" it was no big deal. But it was. It scared me. At that point it was a big deal. It wasn't going to change, I am gay. I'll Wake up everyday and be gay, eat breakfast and i'm gay, eat lunch and i'm gay, eat dinner and i'm gay, go to bed and I'M STILL GAY! Everyday this is who I was. It freaked me out more than anything.

Fast forward to the following 2 1/2 years.

It's nothing. Really. I happen to like guys. Now that i'm out, have had a few boyfriends, and it's accknoledged by my family. It seems completely normal. Nothing like I expected. Hell, sometimes I forget. Its exactly the same way it was before only instead of woman i was checking out, it's the occational guy here and there.

This change suprised me, It didn't happen over night and i didn't even relize it had happened until recently. What are everyone elses opion? Wether you've just relized or you've been out for years. How has your life changed compared to how you saw it before?

2. paco

paco Guest

good for you dude. :slight_smile:

its been a big deal for me for a long time but i just recently came out, so its still a big deal, i still get butterflies when the topic comes up in conversation, who i like, what i like etc, but at least its not that dread of being found out anymore. i cant wait for the day when i'm completely comfortable.

3. twixy30

well im still scared but ive found that my friends really do help me that are streight but they are the first to help me get out there and learn to love me. everytime my friends interduce me thay say hi this is my friend and she is gay and of course i get beat red and start to panic and then they all hug me and say that its awsome and they will help find others for me to hang with too. so anyway i still have days that i get scared and wish i were not gay But i know i am and one day at a time it will get better

4. KatoKumi

Well, like everything else, it just becomes another part of your life.

And adjusting will be much easier because you're attractive. You can get a lot of whatever you want :grin:

5. silentsound

that's really great. I'm still in what I affectionately refer to as the "Research & Development" stage of coming out (ie it's a no-go for now) but I really hope I can be like you someday... at least that's the hope that gets me through some days.

6. Jtonka1

Well this was an ego booster. I was actually just reflecting on my life from then and now. I see alot of people want to be this comfortable and it's kinda good to know that i've acieved it. It does take time, and it's well worth it to not have to freak out about "do they know?!?!?!". Good luck to all those hoping to do this, it is possible.

7. Markio

I'm somewhat out at college, but not at home, so I go through phases where I'm just really comfortable or stressed out. Whenever I move to or out of college and my parents are near people who know I'm gay, I get nervous that it will slip out.

8. Mickey

I came out at 16. It was 1978 and things were a LOT less accepted then now.
    I know LGBT people still go through a lot now, But picture over 30 years ago!
    Coming out is always scary,but,IMO, it's worse when you're really young. You take a lot of chances telling people. At least ,when you're older and financially independent,you don't have to worry about getting kicked out. This did not happen to me,but it has to friends and even some people right here,on EC.
    And,when you're really young,people are less likely to BELIEVE you're gay,bi,etc. They seem to think it's a phase and you'll "straighten" out,eventually! This DID happen to me.
    Coming to terms with who you are and accepting it yourself,is the hardest.
    Then getting up the guts to start coming out,especially to family, is the next hardest.
    If that all goes okay,then you can begin to get comfortable.
    I,too,wish everyone could have a positive experience. My coming out wasn't too positive,but in time,it got to be. It really does get easier.

9. Gurds101

Thank you for posting this... it gives me hope that it will be like this for me!

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    It was really wierd at first like "woah i'm gay when did this happen?" but now it's just become another part of my life i'm the same person i just like girl's i don't see why it's a big deal for some people

11. Jtonka1

No problem and it will be. You'll be fine, it all just takes time.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has been my thinking all along.
    I did freak when I came out to myself no lie.