1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People Becoming Ruder These Days?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Revan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone, so I have a question for you, namely those on dating sites. Do you find guys and girls are being much ruder these days? It may be just me, but any guy I message on a site won't even respond. I can understand if they aren't interested but is it wrong to ask for a simple message that says they just aren't really interested instead of ignoring it after reading my message or even deleting it? I'd really love to hear your opinions, it's just when you are wanting to find love it's just SO MUCH HARDER when guys (or for your girls on the site, the girls) are just not even going to say a thing to you...

2. djt820

Hey. FUCK YOU, BUDDY.

Actually, its not the best to ignore but people are looking for looks and its probably better ignoring it then saying "Hey dude, saw youre interested in me but its not working on the other end. Have a nice life". Thats my take.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't understand why though?! I mean are you also saying I'm not attractive and hence why they're looking for looks? :S (I'm sure you're not lol) But just it's called manners, saying I'm not interested won't hurt most peoples feelings unless they're complete messes. So frankly I just don't understand why one can't be nice and say "no sorry."

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

well due to the internet there have been people have lost some communication skills, or poor communication skills due to it. Well I would not let it bother you on guys not responding to you. (well I admit I have been guilty of not responding to guys on my profile). Anyway if I were you I would not really focus on finding love at the moment. Especailly saying that in your profile. Anyway it can be a turn off.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you mean saying it in the description, or just the Looking for as well. Cuz I see guys with their profiles saying they're looking for Long Term too and even they won't give me the time of day.

6. djt820

Most people are messes. Its the internet. Its not a big deal. Its better than "Holy fuck youre an ugly bitch". And I wasnt judging on how you look.

7. dude99

dude99 Guest

just saying it in the description. Well there is alot of bullshit, and I sometimes see profiles saying they always respond to someone, and when I send them a message they never bother responding. Well I am sure there would be people out there that will respond to you. Just be patient. Besides you are a good looking guy. If I were you I would not really focus your energy on finding someone from interent sites. I used to be guilty of that but not really so much anymore. I am tired of interenet single sites. Perhaps you can join a gay group in your city.

8. Étoile

People on and off the Internet have become incredibly ruder or more blunt than when I used to be a kid. On forums, people would choose the polite thing to say to someone annoyning or wanting advice, whether it be the truth or not. Nowadays, they tell it like it is, even if it does erupt in an argument. I actually don't mind the frank behavior. People are no longer afraid to state their true feelings in the cyberworld. I've seen it on this forum and the others I frequent.

IRL, manners are a thing of the past. Growing up, I was taught to say 'Excuse me', 'Thank you', and 'You're welcome'. Other kids and adults would say these things too. Now, people brush past you without saying a word or leave without a word after you helped pick something up for them. People will actually wait behind someone in their way and get annoyed instead of saying 'Excuse me'. I'm sometimes looked at weird when being polite. What's up with that?

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See I was taught the same, except I say sorry about fifty million times when I don't need to lol. But yeah, all the people in the world could learn from those of us who actually kept their manners...

10. Étoile

Yay for someone else with manners! (*hug*)

That's the one thing people have seen to keep on to, but many don't seem to mean it. I have the tendency to overuse it and not even realize it. The power of saying 'Sorry' has become so diluted for me.

I think the problem is that parents aren't teaching their kids any manners anymore. While kids shouldn't be perfect robots, they should know when to say 'Thank you.' when handed something or speak when spoken to. Like when someone walks into a room and says a simple hello and they don't acknowledge them at all. I've done this plenty of time but it was because of shyness rather than rudeness.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a real problem though in flirting with guys in real life though because of my autism (see my topic on starting a blog) and I just find that it's just so much more difficult because I come on way too strong. As a result, guys think I'm a weirdo or an idiot, and thus there goes my chance.

12. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It may not be that there ignoring you necessarily, but rather there not real. I've been on some dating sites where theres supposedly people on the other end and it turns out its totally bogus. Or they'll log on once in a blue moon, like it'll say there were last on yesterday i'll messege them and they wont log on ever again, and they don't take down there profile they just leave it up, so next time you go on a site you should check to see when they were last online, or you sent them a messege and they don't respond it could be
    A) they already met someone and no longer use the site but left there profile up
    B) there not real
    C) log'd on a few times and gave up on the site and left there profile up
    D) if they are real, and they do log on and don't respond, there dick's and should be avoided anyway

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks ry. See there is one thing, some a-hole i messaged once like deleted my message after reading it. So i messaged and i was like seriously why would u bother reading it if your going to delete it. And while I'll admit it could of been an overreaction on my part, the guy messaged back calling me a freak for not even giving him a chance to message back. And I'm positive he wouldn't have if he deleted the message.

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I know some people who just go on dating sites to look at the pictures of hot members. This is probably more prevalent on fetish/kink-based dating sites, but it may also be true in your case. These people tend to not respond to other people's messages because any response at all may be mistaken for interest, and they aren't there to find people to date. Just mentioning it as a possibility.

15. 71390S

71390S Guest

I think people have always been very rude. The internet makes it easier to be rude though.

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course we're becoming ruder. What do you think we are, retarded or something? HUH!? YOU THINK WE'RE RETARDED!?!?!?!?!11!!?!?1?!1//1/1!!?!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The internet has given everyone the opportunity to be a complete dickhead and get away with it. That's why I believe in the whole treat others how they treat you thing.

17. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I know I've learned to be more rude. It weirdly helps me make more worthy friends >.<;

However, if there is something that I've done to someone, I do say "sorry", and I do say "thank you" as well as "you're welcome" (sarcastically and honestly). It's part of survival today, it's not that chivalry is dead, it's that if you don't have the right amount of jerk, you'll be trampled over, and by people that don't matter.