1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationships... how long do they last?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex19, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Alex19

ok so i just broke up with my bf (now ex bf) today. it only lasted 2 weeks b/c i just was not feeling the connection. plus, as my first i feel that i rushed into it. plus, i thought it was weird that after 1 week he already said i love you... i didnt like that. he was also kinda clingy and everytime we met up it was like we only did oral. we really didnt talk as much as a couple should so i broke it off. idk... he liked me more than i liked him so its not like it was too hard for me. plus hes going to a different state for college so maybe thats why he took it so well....

anyways, what im trying to get at is, how long has your relationships lasted? which was the longest/shortest?

p.s.- i am such an asshole. i broke up with him via text lol:grin:

2. Greggers

Im going to ruin alot of relationships in my future by being too clingy and breaking out the "i love you" too early *sigh* thats just the kind of person i am.

I think relationships last about as long as the amount of time your willing to put into making them last, more or less.

3. littledinosaurs

Official relationship history: 1 week - 1 month
    Unofficial relationship History: 1 week -1 year

4. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    you cruel heartless bastard (don't take that too seriously).

Ok, I'm a sorry excuse for a man, so let's call me an adolescent. An online relationship that lasted 2 months. We're still friends mind you.

5. kevinx519

my boyfriend and i have been together for about a year and a half and still goin. :slight_smile: its going to get harder cuz were going off to college, but well see where things go. a lot of the time, you cant rely on just pure love to get you through a relationship. a lot of effort is put in to make things work.

6. Starshine16

My first relationship was a short but intense one.It was six weeks of bliss that included an engagement and then me giving him the ring back a week later and ending the relationship.

My 2nd relationship was a secret one and it lasted 2 months until I realized that she loved me more than I could ever love her.

7. Pasalacqua

5.5 months.
    :/

8. xequar

How long do they last? They last as long as the people in them are compatible and are willing to put the effort into maintaining the relationship. Sometimes that's not more than a couple of dates, sometimes that's years and years.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Relationships last until they're over. It gets depressing when the two people in it don't realize it's over.

I've only had two. One was kinda on-again, off-again, and that lasted about two years. Current one is eleven years and counting.

Lex

10. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm chillin with a one month average :grin:

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shortest: 1 month
    Longest: 1 year and some weeks

12. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    My longest relationship was 2 years (it just ended)

My shortest was a week because he turned out to be a phycho

13. Eleanor Rigby

My shortest relationship lasted for a month (just the time to have my heart smashed in pieces).
    My current and longest relationship so far is nearly nine years and I hope will last much much longer than that.

14. Derek the Wolf

6 months so far (only real one I've had). I was talking to him last night and he said he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his life with me... here's hoping ^^

15. shorty

Great to hear that Lex. Eleven years is something special. I have been wondering lately about gay relationships, and you don't tend to hear of many long term romances. Was making me a bit sad really.

16. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my shortest one lasted a week. and a horrible week it was. Every time I tried to talk with him all he wanted to do was try to stick his tongue down my throat. When I found out the kind of person he really was I left that relationship (if you can call it that)

My longest relationship is with the sweetest and kindest guy I have ever met. It has lasted 10 months so far. We are best friends and I love him and every second I am with him. :slight_smile:

17. dude99

dude99 Guest

Longest was 3 days and it was someone of the opposite sex and we did not do anything sexually nor kissed. I was not sexually attracted to her.

18. Jones

Shortest - 1 week

Longest - A month

just havn't found the right guy yet i spose lol.

19. Shortest was three or four days, in the seventh grade. With a gay guy :lol:

Longest (not including elementary school sweethearts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) is two months and still going.

20. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

My longest was a bit over 2 yrs. (fem) She wanted me to become the wife and I freaked. :eek:
    Shortest was 2 mths(male) he was long distance and i was distracted. oh well