1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haaair ^_^

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dean94, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiiii EC :grin: emmm , i wanna dye parts of my hair electric blue but i currently have a dark brown hair tone nd apparently the blue wont come out over it :/ Errr how do i get the blue to come out?

Thaaaaaaaaanks eeeveryone :slight_smile::eusa_danc

2. 507bro

dye your hair bleach blonde first

3. Absentminded

Bleach the areas you want to have dyed. And then dye over it.
    Just be aware, if you dye your hair electric blue, it will fade to green...

4. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Emm i dont really wanna damage my hair thoo :/ Err could yeh give me like details on what to use to bleach my hair(obviosly bleach but yano...xD:L) nd what kinda green does it turn?:/ thaaaanks :grin:

5. shireguy

well i dyed my most of my fringe purple. if you want to do it yourself(which i don't recommend) you have to by creme peroxide and bleach power, mix it 50/50 for the solution and apply to parts you want leave for 30 mins average or until white. wash it out then apply colour. it will be cheaper if you don't go to a salon but since ur new to this stuff i strongly recommend you go to a professional.

6. Absentminded

Um...if you look in my photos...there may be a shade of the green type that it turns.

7. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it easy to screw up if i bleach it myself?:/ what could happen?xD is the green it turns kinda like an elephant poop green? :/ :L

8. Absentminded

9. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats not as bad as i expected x)

Errr,cud anyone give me instructions on bleaching hair myself x)

10. Absentminded

No problem!! This is something I love doing, so I'll be more than happy to help!

1) Get a kit. Talk to whoever your hair stylist is, or, if you have friends who've done this, talk to them, and see what they find to work best. (I don't know the brands they have in Europe, so I won't suggest).

2) Regardless of what the package says, shower before you apply it, but don't use conditioner. Use something that will clean, but, won't leave your hair really shiny, sleek, smooth, w/e.

3) DO NOT apply it while your hair is really wet. It won't work nearly as well, I've seen... It works pretty well if your hair is dry, or quite close to dry.

4) If the kit you've bought comes with an applicator, or a tinting brush, use that, if not, an old toothbrush works fabulous. It gets alllll the spaces in between, but, the downside is that it's not easy to get thin streaks. If you want to get the back of your head, I suggest you make sure you have a friend with you. And..if your hair is long, like, past your eyes, it's probably good to put something like a bandanna over your eyebrows, so you can A) see, and B) not bleach your eyebrows.

5) Let it set in for a while, make sure you avoid your eyes, and make sure that you're not in too much of an enclosed space while you're doing it. I made that mistake and nearly passed out from bleach fumes. That's far from fun. If you have really dark hair, I suggest letting it set for 5-10 minutes longer than whatever the box says, but, it's different for every brand, so, make sure you check every 5 minutes to see the shade that your hair is turning, by just taking a small streak and wiping it off. You want to be sure you get the tone you want. It's not pretty when it gets to the stage that's in between brunette and bleach blonde.

6) Shower again, and rinse out the bleach after you've achieved the tone that you're happy with. DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR WITH SHAMPOO IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BLEACH APPLICATION. Use conditioner, as bleach strips everything from the hair, bringing it to a raw colour. Use conditioner, the first time, use a lot of it, then use less the next time you wash your hair. After about 2/3 showers, you can start to use shampoo again. The reason being, since your hair has had everything taken from it, it will be extremely coarse, and may be really really hard to style. That's just from my experience.

Then just follow the box instructions that come with your hair dye, and you'll be set to go! Again, if you want it to be really really blue, leave it in for about 10 minutes more than what the box says.

Good luck!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

11. KittyBoy

Kat has it completely right and you have to be very careful, a friend of mine did it herself and that was a big mistake! She applied it when it was reallly wet and used shampoo instead of conditioner, lets just say... it was a mess!

I always have my hair dyed a different colour, I just love having it done, lol. Though I always have it done professionally, I'm too scared to do it myself, lol. Electric Blue is an awesome shade, it will look great!

12. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    <b><i>Thaaanks soo much for the help :grin: i really appreciate it :slight_smile:

After its all bleached and i have the blue in it will it be easier to change colours,like red green etc :slight_smile: (this is all for my fringe btw and possibly the sides :slight_smile:)

13. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Sounds awesome! Be sure to post pictures of what it looks like once it's finished. :slight_smile: Someday I'll gather the courage to put streaks of color in my hair...someday....

14. Absentminded

Well, it depends on what colour you want to dye it afterwards. OH, I forgot to ask you, have you dyed it any previous colours? Because, the first time I had my hair bleached professionally, I forgot to mention that I'd had blue in it previously, and ...I became a kiwi.

When you play around with a colour like blue, you're going to be in it for a while. I dyed my hair blue in...*thinks* mid June. It's now almost September, and I STILL have a tint of blue in it. When you deal with shades like blue, purple, or just darker based colours in general, you want to be sure of what you're doing, because it usually means you're going to deal with it for a while, since they're darker, they have more colours to fade out to.
    (Ex: Blue -> Teal -> Green, or Purple -> Lavender -> Silver) I haven't tried green yet, but, I'm sure since it's on the "other half" of the rainbow, so to speak, it'll have at least one funky colour it'll change to.

I just realized how off topic that was...Basically, you want to wait a lengthy period of time before you dye your hair again, especially if you plan on red. Green wouldn't be so bad, it would blend with the blue...and cover up any spots that are left. Previous colours tend to blend with whatever new colour you're about to put in, so, don't go to opposite ends of the colour spectrum. It's like trying to dye your hair white after having it all black, you'll come out with something in between, like a silver, or some brownish colour.

15. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oooooooh ok :slight_smile: Emm ive put red in my hair before,but like a really dark red nd its turned into kinda dark brownish(wit like a hint of orange) which actually made my hair lighter where i want the blue,would that make the bleachen process quicker?:slight_smile: Oooh nd i forgot to ask.....How long wud the bleachen process take in total? Thaaanks :grin:

16. Absentminded

Red shouldn't bother it at all...I don't think. The bleaching process...well, with your hair colour, it ought to be anywhere from 30 minutes to an 50. Is it brunette, or DARK brunette? Or lighter..?

17. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its aa dark brunette :slight_smile:

18. Absentminded

Um, then I'd suggest about...50 minutes. You don't want to go too much over the suggested 40, otherwise you'll burn your hair. You really really don't want that.

19. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OOook,thanks :grin: I wudnt be able to survive without my hair x)

20. Absentminded

No problem! One of my close friends is a hairdresser, and I've spent loads of time watching her, and I'm going to apprentice under her next year, so, I know a bit!