1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dean94, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heey :slight_smile: This is really buggin me so i had to ask xD When your out nd about, how would you spot a gay/bi guy?:/ Cause id hardly go up nd ask(since it wud lead to a brused face ^_^) :rolleyes:

2. KittyBoy

Well, I seem to be able to pic them out everywehre I go. I don't know how, but I always manage to find them. Maybe check the mannerisms and behavioural patterns of the people, that seems like a dead give away.

3. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haaa,nice talent:L Yeeh,but i dont wanna be caught staring the hell outta them x) What behavior should i be looking out for?:astonished:

4. KittyBoy

Maybe, listen into a bit of the convo a little bit, but not so obvious that you are listening to them. Try maybe hand movements, body langauge, pick up on some phrases that they know. Things like that.

5. Dean94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ooook thaanks ^_^ ill try it out tomorrow :slight_smile:

6. KittyBoy

Just remember, do everything subtly!

7. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    theres no real way to spot if some ones gay unless he/ she shows it
    it also depends what type of gay your looking for.. if your looking for a more femine type of fabulous gay it will be alot easier to spot them then a macho jock type gay guy.

the only real way is for them to come out to you

8. xequar

Pay attention to their eyes. You can always tell when they're checking out another guy. Like on Saturday, my BF and I stopped for gas, and there was a guy a couple of pumps over that kept sneaking glances at us, but trying not to get seen. Of course, after my BF and I had gotten in the car and started to pull away, I saw him openly checking us out (and the decals on the car confirmed that yes, we're a gay couple).

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there was a 100% correct, easy and direct method, people would have discovered it (and possibly patented it :wink:)by now. So there's always going to be uncertainty.

And I'm always a bit wary about people claiming they can spot gay people easily. A lot of the time there's no way to confirm your suspicions, and there also might be a lot of gay people that fly under the radar and never get spotted.

That said, if you interact with people for more than a few minutes there are a few things you can look out for.

-Eye movements. As Xequar said, you can sometimes see guys checking out other guys. I tend to watch for the reverse: a total lack of checking out girls. As far as I can see, straight guys often let their eyes wander towards attractive girls in the vicinity, while gay guys (obviously) rarely do so.

Also, there's this eye-rolling movement some people occasionally make. I've seen it happen more in gay guys than in straight guys. But it's hardly a 1-on-1 corellation.

-Pronoun games. A lot of gay people don't like to lie outright. So if matters of relationships come up, they usually resort to gender-neutral pronouns rather than flat-out lying. Straight guys usually are more direct in saying "I (don't) have a girlfriend".

-Generally, if you give subtle hints that you might be gay, or OK with gay people, you can see that gay people do pick up on hints more easily than straight people. Some even start hinting back.

However, I can only reiterate that this is all highly circumstantial evidence at best. In most cases it's hard to confirm an impression, and quite a few guys will fly under the radar. But making smalltalk isn't necessarily a bad waste of time anyway...

10. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My gaydar gets tainted since hot guys tend to trigger it xD . My nana has one of the best gaydars I've ever seen though lol.

11. Alex19

my gaydar suxxxx. like, big time. i can only spot the obvious ones :frowning2: doesnt really help me much