1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random thoughts ideas philosophies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoBabyGoGo, Aug 26, 2009.

1. GoBabyGoGo

just thought id share a few of these with you guys and see what you think. feel free to add/comment/argue/discuss. i think i came up with a few of these while drunk (as you do), and some of them are what ive learned from others that resonated with me.

----------------------------------------------

*Less frequent good things/experiences just make those good things/experiences more intense. ("If you never lose, how'ya gonna know when you've won?" - Patrick Wolf) Good things happen to those who wait.

*Happiness can only be relative to ones surroundings and past experiences. Often, humans adapt to new situations/environments, and, so long as basic needs are met, happiness levels return to an equillibrium. Happiness within ones' self is an individual feeling and should not be compared to how we percieve others.

*Everyone has their own insecurities, worries and concerns. It is part of being human. Some of us face more adversity than others, but it depends on our unique personality and mental attitude to allow us to deal with these things better.

*Everyone is unique and interesting once you break past the outer shell. Everyone is valuble. Some people find it more difficult to express themselves directly to others through conversation and everyday life, but may find it easier to express themselves through artforms.

*You don't have to understand something to accept it. So long as a particular behaviour does not negatively affect others or the environment, there should be no reason not to accept it. Embrace diversity!!

*We can never completely understand another being as we can never know the full circumstances that surround them. There is always a reason why people act the way they do, even if it lies just in personality differences. We can, however, connect to everyone through common humanity.

*Finding ones identity is a lifelong pursuit. There is no single answer. Life is a gift through which we may explore ourselves. So long as you still live, think of every good experience as a win, rather than bad experiences as losses. Life is not a game, however if it were, the only way to lose would be to end it.

*I am in control of my emotions. I chose what to think. Mental attitude is the biggest factor that determines overall happiness. ("Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.")

2. GoBabyGoGo

wow hot topic

3. olides84

LOL. Well, I kinda skimmed them, but I'm not much into the philosophizing. Maybe catch me while I'm drunk as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    * Have no regrets

That's pretty much the only life philosophy I might have.

5. matty123

yeh, i think you are a tad too deep for most people here XD and trust u to quote patrick wolf :slight_smile: um i guess i agree with most of that stuff, and you must be odd when u r drunk, i don't know anyone that gets philosophical after a few beers. Tbh my general philosophy is that shit happens so live life and be happy, it may not be as philosophical as you might have put it, but so far its worked pretty well for me!Anyway sorry this reply is a bit shiz, let me get some vodka then i'll see if i can come up with something better.......

6. shorty

I actually get way more philosophical when i'm drunk, and I agree with what you write. (or probably I just express it when drunk, afterall, its boring to most people I presume) I have a bad tendancy to bore people to death with my rants on the unfairness of various things in life when i'm drunk.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like these two
    :eusa_clap

8. Shevanel

I get very philosophical under the influence of things too... xD But there are times when I'm sober when I start talkin philosophy too, but its very rare. Its been a rather long time since I've been intoxicated in any way (I'm a better philosopher when I'm high, I'll admit xD), so I doubt you'll get any deep philosophies out of me any time soon.

Except for, "Do what you want to be happy" or something like that.

EDIT: Also, "The things you want most in life, you'll have to work for the hardest, but the reward is worth it".

Damn I sound like a Fortune Cookie xD The one I got last night was "You're not what you say, but what you do"

9. Beachboi92

philosophy xD omg don't get me started i'll talk your ear off if you don't believe me ask anyone whos been patient enough to listen :slight_smile:

a key to happiness
    - All you can do is what you can, trust the rest will work out and even if it doesn't you can know that there was nothing you can do about it
    - You can never change how another person acts. That takes their own realization. The best you can do is approach and issue in the best way they can understand. Approaching every individual in a unique way that works for them is the best way to approach anyone
    - Not everyone is capable of understanding things at the same level as you

- If it doesn't effect you why do you care?

ill post a bunch more later going to dinner :slight_smile:

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Hmm I have a few but I guess my favourite is

-You only get out of life what you put in

I believe that one even if it does sound cheesy

11. Gumtree

-No one person is inherently good or evil, for one can not exist without the other.

12. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

i guess my favorite is that good and bad are interchangeable due to the fact that everyone has their own sense of right and wrong. Most societies have similar ideas, but because no one is born with a sense of immorality, how can one tell what is truly wrong or right? So maybe homosexuals are dirty and must be killed or maybe were have a missing gene or maybe were actually aliens :slight_smile: we discussed that theory (of wrong and right not gays being aliens) in my international politics class this summer.

13. Beachboi92

back and her comes the theory flood :grin:

- The universe and all matter is made up of energy (string theory basically *not the one about super dense strings in space creating black holes*)
    - After death the energy that makes up our conscious passes on, possibly a way of life after death
    - God is a force omnipotent, that does not judge, unaware of our existence as it operates on the highest plane of existence (beyond our own dimension/plane of existence and therefore beyond our comprehension in terms of how it works/effects us)

Those are some of my theories. They get more complicated than that xD

14. Mitchell

* I may have had problems in the past, but the future is looking bright.

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Warning, what follows may be depressing.

I am an incredibly philosophical person. It's a symptom of an active mind, for I truly think too much, and when I have nothing else to think about, I think about life. I have actually battled depression on and off because of my philosophical beliefs, since when I think philosophically for too long, I end up think about the negative stuff, including the fact that the vast majority of what we do has no real impression on the world and that everything we do is simply an elaborate act of bidding our time until we die. I know, not very uplifting stuff. :dry: The ironic thing is that my view of the world is essentially absurdest, meaning I view the search for meaning in one's life as artificial and ultimately vain; the fact that I am as philosophical as I am in spite of this fact astounds me.

However, though I do have many negative beliefs, they tend to lead into some positive ones. For example...

-Most of what we do has no real impact on the world, thus it is absurd to worry about living a "worthy" life.
    -Most of what we do is simply an elaborate act by which we bide our time until we die, thus we should not feel guilty about "wasting time."
    -Once you die, that's it. There's nothing else after. Thus, there is no reason to fear death, for once you die, you will have no regrets.

I may type some more when I think of them.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree without the real possibility of losing winning means nothing.
    Without the threat of your heart breaking, love wouldn't be sooo intense.
    Without bad orgasm you couldn't enjoy those mind blowing ones.

17. 71390S

71390S Guest

I think the "root of all evil" and "good" is having an evolved cerebral cortex that allows humans to have higher thinking/reasoning abilities. So we can come up with concepts like evil and good, and even though they are concepts created by the human mind that doesn't make them less real.

loooooooooool

18. vitanil

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :eusa_clap I concur--as I have been through a similar situation. It was pretty much a quarter life crisis for me. Even now I cannot reconcile my need to find meaning for existence with the knowledge that meaning itself is nonexistent!

19. djt820

Only quality ones in my eyes.
    I have some myself of course:

-Fuck bitches, get money
    -Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks

Actually:

-Everyone is a product of their environment. No one has control of the kind of person they'll end up being especially in their younger years. Your environment shapes you.
    -There is no point in life. We have no purpose. We make up points and purposes, mostly in religion, to have some point of existence and intangible solace for those who need it.
    -We must love everyone. Even murderers, rapists, and thieves for they are that kind of person for a reason and they need support and love, not death.
    -Life is just a ride. People think the ride is real because thats how powerful our minds are but it isnt. Its just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want to. Its only a matter of choice
    -We are all one conscientiousness experiencing life subjectively. You, me, anything, even a coke can or a cigarette are all one thing. We are all one species. We are part of a cell, that being the universe.

I personally dont care if I offend you, for I am only stating my beliefs.

#19 djt820, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  20. Miss Bubbles

*Never let yourself get hurt in the process of loving others