1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This rings bells for me atm.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shorty, Aug 26, 2009.

1. shorty

I don't feel like I can trust straight people yet to be comfortable with them. This comment gives a bit of hope though.

http://www.imfromdriftwood.com/2009/04/20/im-from-phoenix-az/

Made me tear up a bit reading it.

2. Jim1454

That's and awesome passage. Thanks for sharing it. I think it's true. And those people who aren't as accepting and loving towards gay people need to be educated.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never had any problems trusting straight people, but I do like that passage!
    There are indeed a lot of people that are truly accepting and caring! And with more education more people will come around to acceptance!

4. Just Adam

i do find it hard with straight people but it depens on the people themselves not because of their sexuality but how they react to mine and how they view people who are different. i dont act differently towards straight people, im not stand offish but i would admit im not as open as id like to be, i suppose i am afraid at times, but im pretty good judge of character and if someones accepting i would be honest if asked.

not come up yet though i think...i may of been drunk though at some point and someone asked and i jsut say yea sure why not or summat without paying attention... anyway i digress where was i umm...ahh yea

this passage is very nice showing the human condition of growth :slight_smile: its sweet :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

I had a wake up call one day.
    I just discovered the US Queer as Folks at that time, and I was really enjoying the show.
    And then, I listen that quote from the character of Brian Kinney : "There are two kinds of straight people in the world, those that hate you to your face and those who hate you behind your back."
    And I felt like this quote hit me straight (so to speak) in the face.
    Because I never thought gay people could see ME this way. I never thought my gay, bi or whatever not straight friends could be scared of ME and what I think of them. And I started to wonder if it was the reason that some of them came out to me so late, or didn't came out to me at all.
    This had probably been one of the reasons I started researching about coming out and finaly ended up on EC.
    There is not two kind of straight people. There is a third one, the kind of straight people who don't think that a non-heterosexual orientation makes any human being less than his heterosexual neighbourg. I stand for this kind of straight people.

6. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That quote is correct imo. All the straight people I meet only tolerate. I've gotten used to it.

If you have met some that don't just tolerate but actually LIKE having you around then more power to ya. :thumbsup:

7. Miles D

This used to be in my signature :confused:
    I still [to some degree] agree with this. I mean, I fully acknowledge the third group you speak of, but these people are few and far between.
    (*hugs*) hugs to Cecile!!