1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jack2009, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you think there is a chance of reincarnation?

----------------------
    Anyways I felt a little deja-vu today, sounds odd, but my family were playing monopoly recently. And then my grandma said "Jimmy" or something, and then I said, "Who are you talking too?" with a weird feeling, and she was referring to St. James Place which I landed on.

2. digsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe that we decompose and are unconsciously reincarnated into every life form that our bodies nourish.

3. 507bro

my family is buddhist so yeah my family believes it but i'm kinda
    eh with it. my mom always trying toscaring me saying i'm going to be a pig
    when i get reincarnated. psh not working lol

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

No.

As a matter of fact, I find it to be of a delusional type of thinking. Yes, that's right; EC's crazy person doesn't believe in it xD .

#4 Swamp56, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
  5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to go into what I believe here as I don't care for the sort of reaction it tends to get.

6. Lychee

No. I believe once you die you die. That's it. You don't go to heaven, or paradise, or whatever you want to call it, you won't get reincarnated, you get buried in a hole in the ground. I think religion and all of the above ideas were thought of in order to give people hope that once they die it's not the end.

7. shorty

I'm not religous at all, but I just have a feeling you get reborn as another totally new conciousness. Sounds silly, but I hope its true. Life is too fun and painfull not to have another go at it.

8. Stuie

I'm of the "once you're dead, you're dead" school. In fact, my death in general doesn't really bother me. It's happens to everyone, could be me tomorrow, but I'm not going to be doing anything to speed it up. It's sad but it happens.

It is an inherently comforting concept to most people though that death isn't the end and I see why people believe it and I'm also seeing some of the effects believing it too strongly can have. My half-brother-in-law's mother is in hospital in an induced coma. He came all the way down from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne and I'm not sure if he's even seen his mother, but he says "she'll be in a better place". Well even if there is a heaven or a hell, isn't the death of a close family member going to be painful?

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to believe in reincarnation, but after some growing up and a little heavy thinking I changed my mind. I now believe that once your time is up, you’re pretty much done. If you have more to offer the world as another type of life form, then you will come back as something else, but not as a human. We only get one chance to make an impact as a person, but we can return as something else (i.e. a tree, cat, bird, etc.) to help the people that are still here.

10. brattt17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm Buddhist so I kind of believe in that kind of thing yes.

11. lostinthought9

Honestly...?
    I have no clue. :/

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's one of those things that the non-believers will never convince the believers, and the believers will never convince the non-believers.

There's a highly respected anthropologist at the University of Virginia who has been researching claims about reincarnation for some 40 years. He has extensively documented cases that would appear to support reincarnation (children remembering and identifying people/objects/places where they have never been, and where no one around them knew about the situations, or remembering past life experiences that are documented in history, for which there's no apparent way they could have known.

We can also look at Buddhist reincarnation tradition, where, for example, to find the new Dalai Lama, numerous cherished possessions of the previous Dalai Lama, along with look-alikes, are shown to 2 year old children; the reincarnatation of the Dalai Lama can successfully select all of the objects belonging to his predecessor.

Additionally, there have been additional studies where researchers simply asked children under age 5 "Do you remember when you were big?" and in many cases, the child will say yes, and go on to describe some situation in minute detail, and in some cases, again, these stories told have been found to match information in history, with no apparent way the child could have known or been exposed to the information.

So that, plus my own experiences, leans me in the direction of "yes."

13. Zac4

14. James

15. starfish

Dear God, I hope not.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy and enjoy my life. However one life is enough for me. I find comfort in the belief that there is not an afterlife, and that then we die we no longer exist.

16. Amy

Amy

Okay, let's do this.

I believe in an afterlife. Heaven, Paradise, the Summerlands, whatever you want to call it, I believe that it exists in a way.

(I think that the Heaven in the Bible was portrayed as a material happiness because that was what those writing the passages believed to be complete happiness. That is what they think, but not me. I find little joy in materialism. In fact, I would be a bit pissed is there really was a Heaven like the one described in the Bible. This has nothing to do with my personal views. Moving on...)

Have you ever read The Lovely Bones? (If you haven't, it's basically written from the view point of a young girl who had died and was in Heaven.) Remember when Susie said that she wasn't happy in Heaven because she wanted to live? That's how I feel. I think that the soul can only be happy while living.

But I also believe that the world in Imagine can exist, but only with some violence. For without it, there would be no knowledge of peace.

I think a lot.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm probably weirdest person because I believe in God, I believe in Heaven BUUUUUUUUT there's no hell and the words of the Bible are the words of men = crap. So basically I think we just go on with our lives up in heaven.

18. Iceeh

I do, and I have ever since I was young. Just a gut feeling, I suppose.

19. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Short answer no

20. littledinosaurs

Reincarnation is the most appealing after death scenario in my mind.