1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auditions!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xballetxbeautyx, Aug 27, 2009.

1. I went to two today! The first was for a couple different singing groups at my school, one classical and one jazz. Freshmen don't usually get in, but I thought I'd try out jut for kicks. They tested my range and then made me sightread. They were like 'sing this line,' played a scale, gave me my starting note, and I had to sing. With no piano. I'd never done anything like it before. Have any of you guys? I did okay I guess, I got off once or twice but got most of it right.

The second one was for the Fall One-Acts. They're student-directed plays that serve as a sort of fundraiser for the arts stuff. There are four different short plays and only eleven roles total, but I'm really hoping I make it. They asked me to read a specific part as I was getting ready to leave, which I hope is a good thing.

One-Act cast lists will be posted before school tomorrow and I'm not sure when choir groups will be announced. But please wish me luck!

2. Eleanor Rigby

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, Megan! :slight_smile:

4. I made the one-acts! I'm super excited. I get to be in "Dorothy and Alice," this like seven-page play where Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and Alice (that's me!) from Alice in Wonderland go to the same school and are eating lunch together. It's gonna be so much fun!!!

5. diegon3

oh thats completely easy i would always be put to do that in choir and it was also the contest that our choir goes to every yr we usually do 3 pieces a Capella (no piano) and they are difficult it takes a lot of time but if you know music you can probably read the line of music they gave you and then thats when you start going into sightreading