1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VballChick, Jul 27, 2007.

1. VballChick

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :bang: I was thinking the other night, why isn't I cant keep a trustworthly girlfriend? Why is it that I'm the one that says I'm sorry if I upset someone if they are the ones who cheated on me or made me sad? I dunno, not really sure, but can i be sure that im a likeable enough person to not get cheated on? What urges people to cheat, lie, steal, etc...? I would LOVE to know! I mean im not a bad person at all.. boo cheaters, boo! :icon_sad:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    At least you aren't letting this affect your self-confidence. I would say no, it's not you. It's just the right person hasn't come along yet.

3. GuitarGirl1350

Cheaters cheat because of two main things:

-They aren't getting what they want/need in their relationship
    -They can 'get away with it'. (This is why men typically cheat. Not being prejudiced, it's proven.)

Odds are if someone's cheated on you, they weren't getting their emotional or physical needs met. Through no fault of yours, I assure you, (you say you aren't a cheater) but because it wasn't right.

I've been cheated on and I know it feels like crap, so *hug*

4. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Becky and GuitarGirl pretty much said everything.

People cheat because they think that they can get away with it, or because they want something out of their actual relationship, but its not happening.

And I don't think the problem here is you, I think that the ones that cheat just aren't sure of what they want right now and just try to look in different places, but don't realize that they are hurting their partner.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I think they do this becoz they might find it fun, they think they can get away wiv it, like stealing thats quite fun:slight_smile: not sayin i done ne:goodevil:

6. VballChick

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    then i guess its good people cheat, so you can weed out the horndogs and find people who like you for other then those reasons lol

7. Moth

That's a good way to think positively about a bad situation! Optimism rules. =D

Like everyone else said, it's probably just that you weren't right for each other. Though admittedly, fear of horribly failed relationships is one of the reasons I'm leery to start dating.

I'm sure you'll find the right person, just don't rush it. =]

8. Jim1454

Some times people don't know what they want from a relationship - but that doesn't make it right to cheat. Sometimes people have problems that don't allow them to take a healthy approach to a relationship *raises hand sheepishly* and until they recognize that they have a problem they're unlikely to change.

But it isn't you - rest assured.