1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mugwump, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Mugwump

I'm really not sure about this... just putting it out there for some ideas. But I am starting to get the impression that people expect girls to be 'bi' rather than lesbian. E.g. you say to someone that you're lesbian, and they immediately think you must be wrong - you must be bi. Is this kinda what other people have found? Where does it come from? It's just something I have noticed, and also that other people have mentioned to me. Any thoughts?

2. Russ

Heyah, where I am there seems to be a very strong double standard toward this thing called sexual orientation, where it's ok and even desirable for females to be bisexual, whereas it's wrong and disgusting for males to be. I don't understand why so many people
    think that, it just makes things harder for me *halfsmiles*

My best friend swears up and down that all women are bi and the ones that say they aren't are lying. I don't know why.

3. littledinosaurs

I've honestly only heard one person say "I've heard all women are polysexual and all men are monosexual"
    but i dismissed it cause it's a stupid generalization that doesn't really do anything useful, ever.

That's really bizarre that you're faced with non-believers of that type, but I bet it's irritating none the less. There is nothing worse than someone trying to tell you what you are.

4. Just Adam

its the same old double standard that two girls great two guys wrong.... :S

nice... >.>

people can suck ...alot! but aslong as you know who you are and comfortable with how you are then thats all that matters :slight_smile:

5. cicciux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that's just yet another manifestation of the generalized sexism (macho-attitude?) that is rooted deep in western culture.

What I'm trying to say is people suck and should be smacked in the face when they do comments like that.

(btw, it sounds like a guy that just can't understand that you (or anyone) is not interested in him, so you must be bi, cuz then you can still be attracted to him).. just a thought.