1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Friends? Article

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tokarov, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Normally I'm just a stalker on these forums not really posting, but I was wondering how many of you out there have actually a really good straight guy friend, while you are a gay guy?

Personally I have one...and me being gay doesn't really matter. I even liked him for a while, he found out, and still didn't care, THAT'S One in a Million!

Anyway, heres the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/fashion/28friends.html?_r=2&ref=style

2. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    yep I've got one of those, he's awesome like that, and we both are on the same page with each other too :wink:

3. endless poetry

well, I do and he`s told me I`m his only friend who can make friends with other people (in other words, his social life is about zero)

I haven`t come out to him yet, but he jokes ALL the time about the gay man (me) he`s friends with (I`m not that effeminate am I?)

4. Shevanel

I have almost no gay friends? lol I dunno, almost all my friends are straight. My best friend, my good high school friends, my college friends. 99% straight. I don't know why really? xD

But I'm also Bi... so... yeah.

5. Greggers

I have about....one....male friend. He is straight. We dont have anything in common. We dont hang out alot. But when we do, sexuality is not an issue. I think the only reason we are friends is because we went to the same highschool, other than that we have nothing in common...

6. fallendream

my best friend means alot to me...but hes closeted bi with only me knowing (he only told me) so does it count? or do they have to be 100% straight?

7. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meh there are no rules haha. It still counts in my book. :thumbsup:

8. fallendream

then i have one!

weve been through and discussed disturbing shit. such as wether bats give off ultra-sound moans during sex.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a gay guy, but I have one really close straight male friend from childhood. We met at the start of grade 4, when we were both 9, and clicked. I came out to im a couple of years ago, and he was totally fine with it, and told me he was questioning himself a bit (although he's since concluded that he's straight).

10. xequar

Pretty much all of my friends are male, and damn near all of them are straight.

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bezzie is a straight guy, and the vast majority of my mates are straight. My bezzie is more accepting and open minded than me, and quite a few of them have an obsession with what it's like to be gay and love the gay scene. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

They're amazing. ^_^

12. KnightAssassin

OMG i had a friend like this but then i found out he is bi and now i totally have a crush on him ..... FML lol

13. tokwa

Yeah, a closet homophobe. XD

14. cicciux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like your idea of not posting much (700+ posts)

I had two straight male friends and they both knew I liked them (not at the same time)... it was cool, though. They hugged me and everything ^_^

15. littledinosaurs

My best friends are lesbians.

16. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

my Best Friend is a girl. I had a really close guy friend who i thought was straight, now i am not so sure. his friends and i think he is bi, but we just dont know

17. lostinthought9

My best friend is a straight guy, and he's totally cool with everything. Actually, he's the only one I can talk to without receiving some type of judgemental response.

18. jazzrawr

I don't know if this is for lesbians too, but I'm posting anyways. ^.^

My best friend in the world is a straight girl, and she's completely fine with me being gay. Actually she loves it, we always say she's the straight version of me. XD We just make jokes about it all the time. Whenever anyone says "You're gay!" to anyone but me, I say "WOAH. I'm the gay one here. Don't be taking my title!" and we all laugh.

The majority of my other friends are straight too. They all became much more open-minded when they found out one of their best friends was gay. :slight_smile:

So yeah, my best friend is a straight person of the same gender. :slight_smile: I've never crushed on her, though. I can't imagine dating her. XD She's too much like me.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Personally I have one...and me being gay doesn't really matter. I even liked him for a while, he found out, and still didn't care, THAT'S One in a Million!

Not exactly one in a million, as these posts are showing. :slight_smile: The majority of my friends are straight men. I have several gay male friends and straight female friends, too. For whatever reason, I only know a couple lesbians, and they're not really close friends. Not by design, mind you. Just don't have that much in common with them, and so never really bonded.

Lex

20. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My two best friends are straight. In fact all my friends are straight and mainly guys, the only gay person I know is my boyfriend