1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong (sarcastic)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jul 29, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

i found this on the internet. It says america but i'm sure it can fit most countries:

10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Wrong (sarcastic)

1. Being gay is unnatural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things, like eyeglasses, polyester and air conditioning.

2.Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women still are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful is gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't yet full and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and female role model at home. That's why as a society we expressively forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

(!) :eusa_clap :roflmao: :thewave: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :laugh: (!!)

2. GuitarGirl1350

I've read that a few times and I thought it was hysterical. Thanks for posting!

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well supposedly they do send credit card applications to pets at times, so who knows?! Woof! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sadly I kinda think a lot of America does think that there is only one religion for the country and would like to see its values imposed on its citizens. Especially the current President and various members of his administration and party.

4. Choucho

I've seen a t-shirt with that on it, I want it more than... well... I'm not sure, but I'll think of something. Waffles perhaps.
    Thanks for posting, I've been looking for a copy&pasteable version. ^_^

5. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    This could even be revised to one denomination. My denomination of Christianity supports gays and gay marriage and also allows gays and women to become priests, and I know a few of other Christian denominations do as well. Of course, the wacko fundies tend to drown us out, giving all of Christianity (a religion that's supposed to be based on love and acceptance) a bad name.

6. TeeBe

I hadn't read that before...What a hoot! I think everyone has had most of those "reasons" thrown in their face :lol:

7. crimsonarcher

8. xequar

If you don't mind my asking, what flavor of Christianity are you?

I still consider myself a Christian, although I don't necessarily subscribe to a particular denomination at this point. But, I did just order a bumper sticker that says, "GOD, please save us from your followers!" just because of some of the fundie wackos out there.

And I love the reasons, too. I'll have to remember them for future use.

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Wow, you took those words right out of my mouth, hehe. :lol:

10. Kimi

Well, I kinda support this idea...I think children can succeed with single parent but I think it'll be best for kids if they have both.......As long as the parents are good people.

11. CrimsonThunder

Both, as in one of each or can it be both female/male?

12. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is fuckin awesome... it was a good laugh.. i must say

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that's totally wrong... I think probably the reason it's harder for single parents and their children is that they have less resources. I don't think people have to both a "male" and a "female" role model for parents... that's like saying men and women are separate species or something. Which, if that were the case, one would think that a child would only need parents of the same gender, then. It's a self-contradictory notion.

The pure economics and time issues of the situation is that a child with two parents is probably going to come from a more well-off situation than a child with only one--and is a lot more likely to have attention paid to them.

14. Kimi

Well, maybe it's wrong but I still think that kids would be happy if they have mom and dad. There are always exception like one of the parents is using violence or something.

But my point is it's not fair for kids to not have both parents just because their parents got sick of each other or they are just "happily separated". It's such a selfish to get divorce and force their kids to deal with it. I think it's not something kids want to be happen. I'm not saying because kids didn't want their parents to get divorce but they did anyways so the kids will not success nor women are separate species.

I don't even know where is that came from.

15. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I'm of the Episcopalian flavor. Not to be confused with Nigerian Anglican, our good friends in Virginia (I go to church in DC) who broke off from the Episcopal Church and joined up with the Nigerian bishop who believes that gays should be imprisoned. Yeah, the Episcopal Church (and I believe most other nationalities of the Anglican Communion) preaches that reason is just as important as scripture and tradition. Therefore, the Episcopal Church (though not all of its members) oppose legislation prohibiting gay marriage/civil unions.

Sorry, I just completely evangelized there...

16. xxAngelOnFirexx

i divorce is a good thing. i'm happy my parents are divorced. my dad was a drug addict and they were fighting. he got clean during the divorce but they still fought a lot. i'd rather a child have one parents than have to suffer with fighting parents!

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, divorce is not always a bad thing. My parents were bitterly unhappy together for the last 7 years of their marriage and I think it would have been far better for them to have separated then rather than waiting as long as they did.

18. I agree with Angel divorce is a good thing, my mother divorced my father because he was a drug addict as well. Luckily she found out and told him to get lost before I was born

19. Jim1454

Separated dad here...

Just because my wife and I weren't a fit any more (for some pretty obvious reasons) does'nt mean that we aren't going to be great parents to our kids, and both be very involved in what they are doing and their upbringing. As the principle income earner, I also recognize my responsibility to support my kids financially. Except for the size of the house they live in (we've had to buy two smaller houses worth roughly half the value of the previous house) their standard of living won't be any different. My wife will still stay home most of the time to be with them, and I'll have them every other weekend so my wife can continue to work - which is the schedule that she was already on. I continue to see them during the week some nights - we all have dinner together on occassion. I mind them and put them to be to allow my wife to get out in the evenings once in a while...

We are likely the exception - and have split under rather unusual circumstances - but separation or divorce doesn't have to mean that the kids suffer much at all. But that's totally and entirely up to the parents.

20. Choucho

Well, my friend Johanna's parent separated, and she now has two deal with two evil step mothers. But obviously, since her mother married a woman it would never have worked out between the two of them. >.< My parents separated briefly when I was younger and boy do I wish they had stayed that way. :frowning2: But, what can you do. >.<
    Anyway, that wasn't off topic at all. o.o
    *gnaws on a plastic beaver*
    Erm... okay, so that was.