1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I took it, and I don't like it!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkestknight, Sep 3, 2009.

1. darkestknight

Ever studied in a college, took an elective (or a subject), and realize that you don't like it?

I took Industrial Automation this semester, thinking that this will be useful at work. But then,... I found manufacturing, hydraulics, pneumatics and factories... oh goodness, I don't enjoy them very much. Worse, I didn't attend the lab, and the lab works were done hastily. My bad, I should say.

I ended up not dropping it since the electives in my college is too few, and I have to swallow it. Now reading the summarized notes again and trying to get an A- or a B, despite the shitty mid-term results!!

Also, I took another core subject which was all about more electric circuits, and I found out that I hated them so much! I love electronics and embedded programming, but going deep into circuit analysis can be daunting. I passed that paper, fortunately, and even had 100% attendance on it.

I have crossed "Electric Circuits" and "Something that pertains Factories" from my "Interests" list. At least I can narrow them down and see what can I do! :roflmao:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've told this story before here, but I'll say it again.

There's this guy who makes his living finding shipwrecks. He set off on some search with a relatively new crew. After one day of searching (but coming up empty), they called it a night and weighed anchor. The head guy seemed all happy, and one new crew member grumbled, "What are you so cheerful about? We didn't find anything."

"Yes, we did," the guy insisted. "We found it wasn't THERE!"

:slight_smile:

Lex

3. Apocalypte

Plenty of times! I discovered my loathing of computer architecture courses in second year, which was a pain in the arse because the followup to that course in third year was a compulsory module. I've also discovered that I would rather be stabbed in the face repeatedly than take another course in AI. I've taken three already, which was three too many :bang:

4. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

I found out that I dont Theater Appriecation or it might have been the teacher. I love going to plays but I dont like studying them in depth and detail or constructing stages.