1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you like someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bacon, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well this is a basic question about how you fall for someone.(crush or love)

I fall for intelligent guys that can make me laugh, have long talks about anything without limits, Shows that he cares and likes to spend time with me and while we dont see each others much in the weekends he keeps in touch via facebook or msn.

Overall I want someone that cares about me that can keep a good conversation with a good personality (looks are just an extra)

What about you?

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A sense of humor is a must. If he can make me laugh then he's already halfway in my pants. A healthy appetite is another thing I admire; I can't trust people who don't like food, not a total glutton mind you, but someone who isn’t a picky eater. Intelligence is another quality I admire, it isn't crucial though. Compassion and affection as well, I like to know he isn't afraid to tell me that he loves me. I love guys who like animals too. I also fall for guys who aren’t afraid to discuss how they feel and why they feel that way, there is nothing wrong with being in touch with one’s emotions.

3. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I forgot to mention that part of not being afraid to tell me that loves me and in touch with their feelings.

Well its 12:20 here so yeah...

4. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

nice and genuine with a pretty smile.

5. Totoro

Someone who won't over criticize me, nag me. In terms of intelligence, someone I feel I can have intelligent discussions with. Someone who is more open to saying what they are thinking. I think that someone who is willing to put time for another is a must, as most people i've met/known have always put work up before others, always put things of less importance before those who are more important (or at least to me). A person who is outgoing and really loves to go out and explore!
    That's about it.

6. SilhouetteDream

I also, find humor to be a really good thing. If you can make me laugh, you're good :thumbsup:
    I like people who are actually like a bit awkward...I find it cute, and it balances out my randomness/awkwardness. Anyone whose not afraid to be themselves and can have fun, someone who for example wouldn't mind getting kicked out of a movie theater or something with me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Also, I like people who can have a deep coversation about anything with me. Someone who also cares about my intrests. Someone who just asks how I am and if I'm okay on a day to day basis would be nice for a change.
    Someone into art and the same music as me is also a plus.
    I could go into looks but I won't
    :wink:

7. Markio

So far in my limited experiences, I've only developed crushes on people I find physically attractive. But hypothetically, I would probably fall for someone with the following characteristics:

-A similar sense of humor. I can't always tell when people are sarcastic, so I'd rather a person makes it apparent really quickly when they're joking. Plus otherwise it's a hassle to try and make each other laugh if we have different senses of humor.

-Physically flawed. That way I wouldn't feel intimidated. I'm worried that I'd grow suspicious of someone who looked perfect.

-Someone understanding/open-minded. I know a girl like this who I really like because of her ability to see things from another's perspective. It's so easy and hurtful to judge others, but to at least understand where someone is coming from is very mature, and sexy!

-Someone who thinks I'm interesting that I find interesting as well.

-Someone I'm comfortable around! Who's comfortable around me! It's so fun to be comfortable with someone! I wouldn't want to be the source of constant discomfort for someone.

8. djt820

My god, Im getting sick of the traditionally used "good sense of humor". I mean, he should be funny but god damn, its not THAT important. As long as he's not a complete fuckwit and can use at least 1/86th of his brain then its all good.

9. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its not that important but its a plus

10. Just Adam

someone whos accepting and not judgemental.

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Someone that will make a better me.

12. Just Adam

this is bugging me now and it shouldent but it does as i know looks are important and people not sayign it are no offence but your trying to seem well not superficial and vain etc etc.... but come on be honest...

peopel judge others withen 3 seconds of seeing them jsut based on looks and body language so to approach and begin the interaction needed to get to the humour and saying they love you somthign needed to of pulled you to them to begin with...

unless its like they saved your life and your like OMGG I LOVE YOU ! but that would scare the hell out of me... >.>

also i dont get the obsession with someone beeing funny.... if he can make me laugh half way there or whatever... i wish i got it i jsut well dont :S deep and loving is more important to me than constant joking...

perhaps im jsut a misserable old git in the making ...oh well.

infact im sorry for this post it feels like a rant perhaps i jsut feel hard done by over the years on looks...or im tired and irritable...oh well.

13. Just Adam

thats a good one... i allways fear id jsut end up makigna worser them though

14. Satuet

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree... one question relatively common in highschool is "Would you rather someone that is Nice and not good looking, or mean and hot?"
    Normally people answer nice and good looking, but when you think about it I think that this is wrong.
    For the purposes of this explaination I am splitting a successful relationship into two stages: The Creation and the Continuation.

Sure, it's easier to continue a relationship with a guy that's nice, but to get to the Continuation you need to pass the Creation.
    And you are far more likely to go out with someone who is physically attractive orginally than someone who isn't.

And what I want in a boyfriend is someone that can hold me when I'm down, and tell me everything will be okay... even if it isn't true.

15. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol

I'm the opposite (well I can't talk about real relationships; except for future ones)

But my scale of ratings varies, it's a balance between looks versus materialism. Long term relationships; looks are important for sure because I am going to see that face/body for years to come (and it has to be near my looks or else he's in short-term department). But if its short term, then materialism is important (I will know if it's short term because I'll get what want then I will walk away), so looks don't mean anything to me in short term. Same with experimentation, looks do not matter except for the person who I am experimenting with.

But looks, making me better, and personality will have to be all balance for me to stay long term. And if I had to decide I will go with making me better (materialism), then personality. I come first in the relationship because I am that great.

Or at least while I am young, then personality will be major when I am not with anybody long-term when I hit my late 40s.

---
    just being honest, I'm a vain, narcissistic, high self esteem person looking out for my true goals and love is second place to my number one goal; myself.

16. werekid

some one that can make me laugh, no short hair or blond hair ( no offence to ppl who do) short to taller then me, cute, age 15 to 17, and just plain random

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Edit: This is quite long. Just thought you should know.

For the sake of being honest, I'll say what I look for in appearances first. There are two "looks" that I really like; one wins my heart over in an instant, the other wins over something a bit less on the romantic side of things... <_< >_> <_< In other words, there is a look I consider handsome, and a look I consider sexy.

Handsome: A bit on the skinny side; long hair, straight or wavy; and a bit feminine. Facial hair is nice, but I can fall for a cleanly shaven man pretty much as easily as one with a light beard. (Heavy beards are a turn off.) What's also nice is when they have a combination of the right smile and the right eyes that immediately puts you at ease.

Sexy: Stocky, with most of his weight centered around his abdomen. Stubble is a plus. Hair can be either short or long, although if it is long, I may be a bit more enticed by his looks.

To be fair, though I may be more taken in by that second example of a man, I hope for romance in a relationship more than I hope for sex, so in the long run, I would probably prefer a man I consider to be handsome to one I consider sexy. And no matter what look he has, no mustaches.

Ok, now for the important stuff: personality.

-A geek/nerd-type will easily win me over. Even if he isn't nerdy about the kinds of things I'm nerdy about (math and video games), if he can explain his obsessions to me and let me/help me share in them, he'll have my heart.

-That said, if he likes video games, it will be a big plus, especially if we can play together. If he likes math, then my pants may as well already be off.

-Being intelligent myself, intelligence is also something I like in a mate, but not nearly as much as someone who can simply carry on a real conversation. It doesn't even need to be a conversation about intelligent topics; it just needs to be a real conversation. One where we talk with each other, rather than taking turns talking at each other; where we share ideas and debate; and where we discuss topics of mutual interest.

-Someone who is really philosophical can also win me over, even if we disagree in our philosophical beliefs, as long as he is open to philosophical discussion. Being philosophical myself, dating someone who is just as philosophical would be a dream-come-true.

-A sense of humor is good, but his type of humor is just as important. Dry, witty humor will win me over in a heartbeat, but sarcastic humor won't. I'll be the first to admit that I use occasionally sarcasm for humorous effect, but I myself have difficulty figuring out whether someone is being sarcastic or not (what with the Asperger's and all), so too much sarcastic humor can be a turn off.

-As for self-confidence, there are two types I like: someone who is a bit awkward, like myself, but still confident; and someone who is self-confident in such a way that they actually make me more self-confident just by being around them. In other words, they build me up rather than putting me down. I've known a few straight guys like this, and I loved hanging out with them.

That may seem like a lot of criteria, but of a guy fits just one or two of them, I'd date him without a second thought.

#17 Owen, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  18. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I like the girl next door look like a girl that isn't obssesed with her looks

19. Tasha

Tasha Guest

Well I've hit the desperate point where I don't really care who the big spoon in my cutlery tray is.

Truth is I'm really difficult to be with, I forget birthdays, say mean things (never on purpose, would never hurt anyone on purpose) and I'm kind've in my own world and don't realise what's going on around me.

Basically I like someone that understands I don't even understand myself most times but will stick with me through it anyway. Oh and obviously someone that doesn't mind being the big spoon. World peace is just a cuddle away! The question is between who:icon_wink

20. GhostDog

Mostly, what I look for is someone fairly laid-back and confident. People who take life super seriously just don't really click with me. I am not necessarily looking for someone who's a super-cheerful ball of sunshine (though I'd definitely be all over that in a heartbeat), but people who worry all the damn time? Agh! Stressful! I am not crazy about people who are into Brooding. I'll take the one who's not afraid to get out there and make an ass of herself (or, y'know, himself, I am open to this too!). =D

And while I will be friends with someone who wants to be constantly re-assured about themselves, that would get incredibly tiring in a relationship. I don't mind being used as a free counselor sometimes, but it really does not make me want to date someone at all if that's all our interactions tend to be. (This has happened! With four different people! I always feel bad, but me trying to talk them out of depression night after night? Not a big turn on.) So maybe you think your butt really is a little too big, c'mon! Own it, flaunt it, and be willing to say, "Eff you!" if anyone doesn't like it. That's a hell of a lot more sexy than the perfect bottom, anyway! Maybe you don't feel like you're the sharpest knife in the drawer? That's fine. I don't butter my bread with a steak knife, lady or fella!

I'm pretty sure she'd almost have to have a working sarcasm-meter to get along with me (it is my main mode of communication), but I don't feel particularly picky otherwise. If I find someone who finds me worth putting up with, and is generally okay with life, and generally okay with who they are? It'd sure as hell be worth a shot!

... Aaaand butch girls make my knees all wobbly, so that is always a plus. =P (So do more feminine girls, but there's something about extra-short hair that puts extra butterflies in my stomach, haha!)