1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shimmi, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

Hey everybody,
    How many people have been to Pride ? How was it ? I haven't been to one yet but I would like to go. Details ! Details ! Thank you :grin:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't NOT go to Pride - the parade goes by my door. :slight_smile:

Honestly, Pride here is a lot like most other "outdoor events". A couple gay friends actually call the People's Fair "Straight Pride" because they're so similar. Stages set up with musical and comedy acts, lots of tents with charitable organizations and items for sale, and lots of food and drink. :slight_smile: The main difference is there's a lot more hand-holding and kissing going on, way more gay-friendly T-shirts, gayer merchandise, and gayer music. (Debbie Gibson instead of Blue Oyster Cult.)

Lex

3. Greggers

Well Vancouver pride is...something special :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

about 750,000 people or so crammed onto one long stretch of street, and you will find every single type of person here. The gay teen and his fag hag (moi), the gay couple (young - old), the straight couple (young - old), the gay family, the straight family, the tourists, ect. ect. ect. Every type of person you can think of shows up.

Then the parade starts. The first thing you see? Topless lesbians on motorcycles. Topless OLD lesbians on motorcycles. If you get through that, you get to see everything from church groups to VERY hot men who look like they took a bath in tub of butter and are only wearing a g-string to native american groups to old men in leather and assless chaps to PFLAG and other family groups to Cleve Jones. It was quite the show.

For every extreme, there was a counterpart. I think thats good, and i would not have it any other way. You NEED those topless old lesbians in the parade, otherwise why even have a pride? We have pride to show our diversity and our strength. If we hide parts of our community because someone is going to have a problem with it then that really defeats the entire point of pride.

*cough* ok, small rant over.

Anyways, yea, pride is GREAT and if your ok with seeing a little of everything then i would definitely go. Its good to feel like your the majority for a day :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went this summer to a pride event and it was awesome! :slight_smile: Similar to Lex's description, pride had quite a few tents and information booths from local organizations. Quite a few tents had all kinds of stuff for sale. Lots of music (although the musicians could have been a lot better :slight_smile:) and food. Lots of holding hands, huging and kissing here too! I went with a couple of friends, which meant it was double the fun! :slight_smile:

5. Just Adam

never really been to a massive pride but i am organising some...well on the board...of them..

so next year im sure ill find out.

6. xequar

Have you ever watched a parade?

You have?

Ok, then, add some scantily-clad people, a whole bunch of Pride rainbows, and more public displays of affection (like kissing).

There you go! You have a Pride parade.

7. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

OMG Im beyond excited !! Thank you everbody for your posts !! I ll definately be going this year!!!

#7 Shimmi, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009