1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting with mutiple people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Étoile

Do you think it's wrong? It's great to have more than one option if something prevents you from dating one of your interests but wouldn't the other guy(s) you were flirting with feel hurt when he finds out you were flirting with another guy and is now in a relationship with him instead of them? Technically, when you flirt with someone, you have zero commitment to them but is it not understood that that person should be the only person you should be pursuing? Does it make you a slut or a heartbreaker if you flirt in hopes of a relationship (not talking about people who casually flirt) with mutiple people?

2. Just Adam

i think its wrong to play with peopels emotions, your giving people false up its like dateing multiple people it aint good..

but thats just my view

3. Shevanel

I would say I'm a "flirt" but honestly I just like telling people the truth about who they are, about how they may look physically or how they are through their showing personality. It's just a compliment, that is true, that happens to also make the person feel good :slight_smile: There is a line though, that you can't cross if you're going to flirt, and that's when you lead a person on I guess, but "leading a person on" can be subjective, and you may not even know if you're doing it. Detachment is good I think, ya know, when its still at the flirting stage, to not take things too seriously till the point where its appropriate. (So yes, I'm saying its as much of the flirtee's fault as it is the flirter's for taking flirting too seriously).

But flirting with intention to multiple people isn't that bad in my honest opinion.

4. Paralyzer

I don't think it's wrong or slutty. It's just fun. :]
    And others will only get hurt if you lead them on. You can flirt with people and make it clear that you're not interested in them...

5. KatoKumi

HAY STEVEY. ILUVU.

On topic:
    I guess it depends on the degree of flirting. When I first meet someone, all I can really do is talk, but there are certain levels to a relationship. I do tend to flirt with a myriad of people, but I wouldn't say I flirt with one person the same way I do with another.

Because with the people I'm very close to, touching isn't off limits, and that's really nice to feel. But another thing that isn't off limits it chatting it up and mingling for a quick ego boost at parties.

6. paco

paco Guest

there are lots of different levels of flirting, so i guess one person could be casually flirting while another thinks theres something more, its not that they've done something bad, its just that two people had different ideas of where things were going.

7. mattypants

do i think its wrong? nope
    would they feel hurt? maybe a bit, but it shouldnt be muchas flirting is noncommitment.
    the only person? the ability to pursuit multiple is ones decision...so...
    a slut/heartbreaker for wanting a relationship?? i dont think so.

8. RaRa

This.

9. 71390S

71390S Guest

What is the most accepted definition of flirting? I am a very playful person, but I certainly don't want to lead others on and accidentally flirt with tons of guys.

10. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope

But there's a fine line with flirting and leading them on...

and leading them on is mean if there's no intention of anything, and flirting with a slight intention for something is okay (even multiple) but it's wrong if you're in a relationship.

scenario: leading on

Jenna stood there massaging her boobs, "Which one looks bigger Tom? I think this one is smaller, than the other, but it has more bounce... see", as she flipped back her blonde hair, "Tom can you tell, here look at it more closely.... ummm ermmm. My isn't it hot today, I'm getting so moist with sweat..."

scenario: flirting

"Hi Tom nice shirt, you are a great shopper with class!", said Jenna.

#10 Jack2009, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  11. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Flirting is harmless enough if it's with someone who's comfortable with it i don't agree with leading people on or flirting when you have a girlfriend or boyfriend

12. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No.