1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandma

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteFox, Sep 8, 2009.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so yea my grandma is moving quite a ways away. She has cancer and to be honest I dont think shes winning. I was helping my family move all of the stuff out and I got to thinking about how sad it actually is. Her house that I have known for years is now just an empty house. So many memories and time spent there and now its nothing. I imagine in a few years I will be doing this again when she is gone and I can barely think of how I will feel. All her possessions which to me and the ordinary person are just things that have no meaning but everything in that house has a meaning to her. All of it is special. I dont know it was just a weird feeling and its so weird I almost cant explain it. I just wanted to rant and get it off my chest is all

Fox

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm sorry you're going through that. Sadly it is something that everyone, at some point in our lives, must go through. (*hug*)

4. Miles D

I know exactly how you feel. When my grandma had her first stroke (she had a few more that eventually ended her life) my mom and I packed up all of her stuff. I was the last one in her house, and it felt so weird to see it completely empty. I hope your grandma is around for as long as she can be.
    (*hug*)

5. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'm so sorry (*hugs*) my Grandma has demensia and her brain has just totally gone I remember having to pack up her house i spent alot of time at and the thought of other people living in it just got me so upset i feel for you

6. Eleanor Rigby

I'm very sorry about your grand-mother (*hug*) I know how important grand-parents are in our lifes. I still have my 4 grand-parents, but 3 of them are in a pretty bad shape now. It's hard to see them getting older and getting health problems.
    Cherish the time you can spend with her. The moments we spend with our grand-parents now are the good memories we'll have tomorow.

7. Mickey

It's always a hard thing to go through. I had to move my Grandmother's "life" around,twice. When she left her own home,to go to an apt.It was so hard. Then moving her from her apt. to a nursing home,was bad,too.
    I know it broke her heart and my heart broke for her.
    I think this is the hardest part of life.
    I still miss my grandmother and she's been gone 16 years.
    I'm sorry you're going through this,but the good part is,you have many fond memories.

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hold on to the memories you have with her, I think that's the only thing you can do at this stage. We all have fond memories of our grandparents and it's so hard to see them go. I lost my grandma 3 years ago and I still miss talking to her everyday. Stay strong and we're here for you. (&&&)

9. werekid

she maybe gone but she will live forever in your memories and your heart

10. waitingsucks

My grandma is in pretty bad shape also, she had a stroke which in turn result in her complete loss of balance and recently her husband (my grandfather) passed. It's all very sad, but unfortunately just one of the parts of life. I guess all we can do is be there with our family and form a support network. And yes it is the strangest feeling, I can't even begin to describe our sadness when our grandparents get to the end of their lives.
    Hope you feel better(*hug*)

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone