1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eleanor Rigby, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Eleanor Rigby

Christmas is in exactly 100 days today ! :slight_smile:

That makes me happy, I just wanted to share (!)

2. hiddendc4

Wow!!! I think your jumping the gun there a bit eleanor. While I think that's cool that x-mas is getting closer, I just don't get as excited anymore lol. What I am loking forward to though is the start of snowboarding season. :grin:

3. werekid

cool 3 days after x mas i am going to a wedding

4. Tim

Tim

That actually depresses me ._. One more year I can't afford to buy gifts for family/friends :frowning2:

5. Eleanor Rigby

There is sevral options to solve this.
    With my husband family, as everyone is broke, we draw (i'm not sure it's the right word) who will make a present to who, so that everyone has only one present to buy every year. And to make it fun, we use to have a party together the day we do that.
    With my familly I used to do presents in common with my brother.
    For my friends I buy very small presents, but I try to make them special.
    I also do a lot of presents myself, like a year I bought nice boxes and filled them with home made cookies.
    For me Christmas is not so much about the present you do or receive, it's about having a nice time with the people I love.
    It's about cutting of little angels for the christmas tree with my nephews. It's about laughting with my mother in the kitchen while we are cooking chritmas dinner. It's about walking in my village at night with my friends to see the illuminations. It's about curling up in the couch with my husband to watch a Christmas Carol for the hundred time.
    These are not things someone can buy but that everyone can offer :slight_smile:

6. Tim

Tim

7. Eleanor Rigby

If there is people from whom you know you'll receive a present without being able to get them one, just told them it makes you ill at ease and you prefer they don't get you a present.
    I have that sort of agreement with my best friend. She can't get me presents, even small ones, so she asked me not to get her presents either which I agreed to do because I know this makes her very uncomfortable. But instead, we are always spending one afternoon together during Christmas' season and as it's not something we can do often, it's a present for both of us.
    If the home made things don't work out for you (wich might just be a matter of practice by the way), offer your time, or little attentions. Do that thing your mother is asking you for ages and that you always postpone. Cook for your friends. Spend an afternoon playing with your nephews. Offer to do baby-sitting for someone so that he/she can spend a romantic evening with his/her beloved.
    There is always something we can do to please the people we love, and it doesn't require a lot of money, but good will and a bit of imagination.

8. Just Adam

Christmas used to be teh one time of year i was happy... but my family keep dieing around it nowadays so ...yea

9. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

It'll probably just be me, dad and a friend of his. Having no relatives on dad's side sucks. Blah, at least there'll be tasty food and booze.

And it's been years since I last got a Christmas present so I don't really care.

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! I love the Christmas season, there is nothing that can compare to how it makes me feel. I've already started my Christmas gifts for everyone, but since I'm broke everyone gets some fudge and a nice handmade gift (which are far better in my opinion).

11 days after Christmas is my birthday, so I'm stoked for that as well. :grin: :grin: :grin:

11. lostinthought9

I love Christmas! :grin:
    ...I just hate shopping, some of them are very hard to buy for!

And Cecile, I'm so envious. My immediate family isn't a close-knit one, so we don't do much together, but your descriptions sound so perfect.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the cooler weather.

My sister and I just to fight over who got to put the angel on top each year.

Then one year the christmas tree fell on me.

13. EM68

Lately I have thought about the holidays. Particuarly about possibly bring my bf over to meet my family. This means coming out to my grandma, aunt and a few other family members. Not too sure how and when I will do it.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Two of my kids won't be able to make it home on Christmas day so we are having Christmas a couple weeks early. I can't wait!

15. Shevanel

Hmmm sounds like that book Skipping Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: xD

I love Christmas, I just love being with my family like that, its really great, and we don't always get to gather like that all too often. so its awesome :slight_smile:

16. Amy

Amy

(!)
    (!)(!)(!)
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)
    (!)(!)(!)​

Yes.
    A Christmas tree of dancing bananas.

17. Apocalypte

I *HATE* Christmas.

</scrooge>

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Christmas, but let's not rush "Indian summer", Halloween, and Thanksgiving. :slight_smile:

Lex

19. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Sorry to be a downer but I don't like Christmas becasue of the whole family gathering thing, I always feel so out of place.

20. mattyrusso

:icon_bigg YES