1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i just do it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KnightAssassin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. KnightAssassin

So i have been on facebook and looking up relatives that i only see like at Christmas and have been coming out to them should i just go ahead and tell most of them [ i mean my uncle is openly gay to the whole family so it wont be a big deal] so i was wondering if i should just go ahead and tell the rest of my relatives i have been planning on telling soon or should i wait to make sure the ones i told are good with it and well im not sure if i really want to have almost everyone know but i kinda am wanting to just blurt it , i am very masculine so it isn't something you could just tell , and well i am not going to tell grandparents but i was going to tell like aunts and uncles i mean they are already accepting of homosexuality in the family so what difference is what i keep thinking but i still get a kind of like anticipation and uneasiness until they reply ..... so should i tell them and well it isn't like it is to hard to type to them but usually i just message them and keep in contact with them afterwords and we end up being more knowledgeable of going-on in the family .... should i just go ahead and come out to the rest i have planned to tell before Christmas this weekend or should i just announce it at Christmas to them separately should i tell one of them to tell another ........... or lastly should i have posted them in support/advice thread ?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It a personal call based on a a lot of factors, I think. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like it would be a big deal either way, but I think I would be inclined to tell people now just so anyone who might be surprised or bothered by it has several months to get used to the idea and come to terms with it.

I don't think it really matters if you tell one before the other unless there's some sort of nasty inter-family politics that somebody would be offended. You could do one mass email and just sort of make it lighthearted, maybe something amusing that sort of "outs" you and then you confirm that you've outed yourself at the end of the message.

Whatever you decide, I think it's fine either way.