1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hazing in highschools?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ADTR fan, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

heya gys! so today im here to talk about hazing in high school. now, we dont have it at my school, but my friend's school has it pretty bad, and the staff have turned a blind eye on it for the past 10 years.:eek: this year though, it got written in the new york times. 2 page article about it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/19/nyregion/19hazing.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion

anyone else had this kind of experience in high school?

2. We don't have it that bad. I mean, it'll be like 'Freshman! Go do blah blah blah for me,' etc. And the thespians used to have it really bad, I hear. This year it's jut like we're on the bottom of the food chain. For example, there was a ripped script, I got it because I was the only freshman there. No big deal.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Lol that reminds me of Mean Girls.. We don't have that sort of thing in the UK. But the Older students sometimes do mess with the new kids though, but not as bad as USA.

4. Mr Bojangles

We don't terrorize the small children - they just annoy us and we just bitch about their existence and interference with our lives :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. The kids when they start High School are a bit less shy because my school's combined Primary and Secondary, so they're used to bigger kids floating about and being on the buses and such

5. Shevanel

I may be crazy, but I wish I had a high school experience like in Dazed and Confused :grin:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvT8aUC6pWs[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite film of all time ^_^

6. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

haha i loved the clip from dazed and confused!!

but in actuality its pretty bad. they have a "slut list" of the incoming freshmen girls, and although my friend wasn't on it, she hung out with girls who were. one of the first days of school she was walking in the hallway alone when some senior girls pushed her into a wall and told her she'd better watch out who she was friends with. i mean, i'm not even there and i'm freaking out (for her, because she wasnt!). we've got NOTHING like this at my school, and we're just a town over.

7. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We used to have a slight hazing problem. Seniors used to put freshmen in trash cans, but that trend fell out of the spotlight during my junior year. We pretty much keep to ourselves and our own little groups of people. I'm not aware of any other hazing problems.

It's a scary thought, though. I would definitely transfer out of a school that had hazing problems like the one in the article.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been banned from all high schools in Ontario. No hazing is to ever be allowed.

9. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Hazing stopped here when a college student was forced to drink more water than he could absorb. He died of water overdose. Kids got a quick biology lesson. EVERYTHING is poison but moderation is the killer.