1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Sep 22, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Do you think that one day Coming out won't be a surprise? Like it'll be taught to the generation of adults in school about homosexually open and honestly and that some people are gay, some bi and some aren't etc?

And do you think one day the parents won't assume their kid is exclusively straight?

What do you think? And if so, when do you hope or predict it might be a reality?

2. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One day....One day....I think it will be in our lifetime. One day...

3. If I were prescient, I'd tell you. But I'm not. So I'll just say that the future holds many things, and no one knows exactly what might happen. But there's a good chance that the world will grow tolerant enough for this to happen.

Or fundamentalist Christians might take over the world with their 13-kid families. Who knows?

4. readyforchange

Out Status:
    Some people
    One can only hope that the future will make it easier for us as well as the future generations of the LGBTIQ community!

5. joss22

I think that society is (slowly) progressing towards being more and more accepting, which means that people will become looser about their assumptions about others. Does this mean it will never be a suprise? I don't think so. I think that coming out will always be a part of LGBT, but maybe not as strongly as it is currently. Will this happen in my lifetime? Perhaps...

6. Adam

I think it always will be a surprise, but not as big of a deal at all in the future, people are becoming more and more accepting and eventually it wont matter, I hope.

7. Greggers

I dont know if it will ever be a non-issue. Its not exactly in any shape to get to the state skin color is in today. Even skin color is not a non-issue, in fact id say its far from it. But one thing skin color didn't have to overcome is printed words in the bible saying "Not being white is an abomination unto the lord". So i seriously doubt we will ever see it be a non-issue until the religion bump in the road is somehow crossed.

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, heterosexuality will probably always be the expectation, just because it's the majority. And most parents will always want grandchildren. So it will probably never stop being a bit of a shock for them to hear their kids are non-straight.

But I do think that people wil be more accepting. Coming out to friends and feeling at ease in society will become much easier. If you see how far things have come in my relatively short lifespan, I'm sure we'll see even more improvement in the years ahead!

There have been interpretations of the Bible that have stated that the "mark of Cain" was a black skin colour. And that this justified slavery. So don't put it beyond people to find justification in there for any bigotry...

9. werekid

lets hope

10. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I don't see it happening any time soon. in about 40~60 years, maybe (about 2~3 generations?).

11. digsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully one day coming out won't even be necessary. There will be no division between gay and straight...I'd like to imagine that a boy/girl could bring a partner of either sex home to meet the parents and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. Haha I keep thinking of a scene from Glee where the husband and wife are looking at buying a house and when they look at one of the bedrooms (all frilly with pink decorations) the woman says, "This could be a room for our daughter or gay son." I love it that already some parents (even if it is a TV show :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) readily accept the fact that their children might be gay even before they're born.

12. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i guess some moon years away ... mayb 2060 or 2070? why not 2020; its because we need the old-closedminded generation to die first and get replaced by us and our kids .. *if any hehe;*

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly do.

30 years ago no one would have ever imagined a black man would be president, but here we are.

Things are looking up my peeps, looking up indeed.

14. mattypants

^
    ^
    that... i think the older generation keeps us behind...slowly dragging it out...
    but hopefully one day, orientation will definitely be something more accepting