1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations I've made

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Sep 22, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

I was in the mall the other day getting my sister something fancy (she's really femme) and I saw this little boy about 3 wander over and grab something from his mom's bag. She was waiting to buy makeup at a counter and the thing that the boy grabbed was a dress. He looked at it and put it up against himself, then tried reaching up for a lipstick tube tester.

My heart immediately went out to him. I dunno... but as a member of the LGBTQ community, I thought... it's possible that dude's going to be gay/trans. Sorry if I'm making assumptions, because maybe he's just curious. But honestly I had a good friend when I was that age to age 10 and he acted the same way (dress up, singing, makeup etc) and I swear he's locked in the closet.

..*sigh* The mother looked so distraught. It was a bit disheartening. What do you guys think? Have you ever seen this happen?

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Yeah I think my little cousin is going to be gay. He goes around telling all the girls they are pretty (he is only 7). He poses talks,walks,acts and comes off very femme. When we went shopping he would put on dresses and dance with them on. His brother was doing so as well but he was making a mockery, I think my little cousin was taking it seriously. I didnt tell him to stop because he was only expressing himself. I asked him why he was wearing the dress and he replied "I look pretty with it on." Apparently no one in te family sees it except me and I think its because I see alot of myself in him.

I hope that when word reaches him about me when Im open to my family, that he could talk to me.

3. Just Adam

i used to play with lipstick when i was like 3 or summat :S

if it had been me seeing that mother looking dissapointed in her child i would go up and say he was adoreable and if she said anything..id give her a telling off :slight_smile: i got no problem putting parents straight forgive the pun

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only have I seen it, but I was the very same way as that little boy you saw! My mother didn't have a problem with it, in fact she encouraged it because she always let us be creative and play with everything. I used to play dress-up as a kid, and I was always the mom when I'd play house with my friends. I was only the dad once, and I was at work the whole time. :lol:

I think parents should be more relaxed about what their kids play with, it doesn't hurt them to learn about different things. Kids are just eager to play with everything, and make up is so colorful, so naturally they're drawn to things like that from the start. When I have kids I'll just encourage them to play with whatever makes them happy, that way they can develop into open-minded people who aren't confined by boundaries of any kind.

5. Eleanor Rigby

My little cousin liked to play with my makeup when he was 3 or 4 and I was 16. His father became ballistic when he saw pictures I took of my cousin wearing bright pink lipstick. He said I was going make his son a fag. (It didn't prevent me to let my cousin play with my lipstick, I just kept the pictures for myself.)
    As far as I know my cousin isn't gay (or he is completly locked in the closet and certain his father would hate him for being gay, but I highly doubt it).

6. xequar

One really interesting time, a group of friends and I were at the aquarium in Burlington, Vermont. As we were wandering around, there was this random little boy, I'd guess no older than six, with his parents. All of us in my group were dressed... unconventionally... and had attracted the attention of the kid (and a bunch of other people, but that's another story). Someone in our group remarked something about the little boy paying attention to us. The kid overheard and promptly, and loudly replied (in a boy's voice), "I'm not a boy, I'm a girl!" If the parents had anything to add, we didn't see it.

7. I used to love wearing my mother's heels >=D

8. TwoPeronas

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I was exactly like the boy you saw, except I'm a girl, and I would always want to wear boy clothes. I didn't turn out to be trans, but I'm def more femme. I also found a new interest in girls when I was really young :slight_smile: