1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how populated is your area??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoBabyGoGo, Sep 27, 2009.

?

How populated is your immediate area/town/city??

1. < 30 000

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. 30 000 - 300 000

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. 300 000 - 1million

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. 1million - 3million

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. 3million - 5million

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  6. 5million - 8million

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. > 8million

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. GoBabyGoGo

just wondering how populated your immediate area/town/city is.

do you like where you live? Do you like the opportunities of areas with larger populations, or like the quietness of less populated areas?

personally, i live in a really tiny town. and its so annoying and isolated. i swear i am the only gay in the village.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm back and forth between Melbourne, with 4 million people, and Geelong, with 160 000 people.

3. Jay D

I live in a tiny village.

4. Ben

Ben

The population of my village is less than 30,000. It's much less than 1,500 even. My school has more students than my village has people.
    But it's large enough that we have a monthly village newsletter, a post office, a church, a pub and a village hall. But the average age here can't be less than 80 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If you ever go into the pub, it's got very few people in it, and I've rarely seen anyone under 50 in there.
    That's why there are so many "older people" activities here. Like the knitting club, The Women's Institute, gardening group and... that's actually pretty much it.

No, I'm not actually the only LGBT person in the village. But I might as well be. The other one is my brother.

5. GoBabyGoGo

Touche. My uncle is haha. And my area is also a mecca for retireees

Damn i should have made an even smaller category like < 5 000, and thats where i'd fit :slight_smile:

6. kettleoffish

~8000 or so. I'm the only gay in tha village, far as I know. Ironically, my straight brother is called Daffyd.

7. Stuie

Melbourne! :grin: It's about 2 million people I think and the second largest city in Australia.

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :lol:

The village in which I live has around 3,300, but my closest town has 66,800 (well, geographically it's a city, but the Queen's not granted it city-status, stupid thing XD)

Unlike Benji, our average age here's a little lower that 80, but still, it's not that lively XD Though we do have an epic pub and post office here :slight_smile: There's loads of other villages that have merged with ours so it's hard to say when one starts and other ends, so much so that even the now disused station a mile away is a double-barrelled name of two villages (sounding terribly vague aren't I? XD)

Strangely enough the majority of our area is schools, we have at least five in a two mile radius of my house.

#8 Rosina, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  9. Apocalypte

About 1.3 million in the greater Dublin area. If my general area (Tallaght) was sliced off from the rest of Dublin, there would be about 120,000 people there.

10. endless poetry

suburb of Toronto ...

Toronto = 2,5 mil
    Greater Toronto Area = approx. 5,5 mil
    My City = 200 000+

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Half a million in Denver, two million in the Metro area, 2.5 if you include Boulder (which most don't).

Lex

12. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I put in my vote for the whole city as a whole which is somewhere around 8.6 million last time I checked. Staten Island's population is only about 400 - 500,000 I think but I voted for the whole city because I go all over it. I love living in a huge city with a bunch of different people.

13. GhostDog

The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (which I live smack in the middle of) has about 6,300,000 people altogether. The specific city I live in has 48,583 people according to the 2006 census. The city I go to school in has 109,561 people in it, says the same census.

I kind of like activity going on and having people around me. I go a little stir crazy when I'm out in the middle of nowhere!

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not applicable…

If I had to venture a guess I’d say about 1,000. I do know there are more cows than people up here though. :dry: We have a courthouse though, seeing as Towanda is the county seat, but it is slightly bigger than Canton which is closer to my house.

I love the city, somewhere where there’s always something to do and go see (not to mention more job possibilities and LGBT people). I’m going to move to one as soon as possible.

15. mattypants

were up to 9million since july 08 here... :eek:

16. Gaetan

My hometown has roughly 2000 in it, give or take the season. The city I'm going to college in is roughly 10,000?

17. 507bro

12,000 for me but the good thing is i'm not the only gay person in
    my town there are a couple, in my high school i mean. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Tim

Tim

42,000 or so here.

And yet it's one of the biggest cities in Northern (I dont mean San Fran Northern XD) California XD We just got 100 Million dollars in the stimulus to revamp the harbor, due to the fact we're the only "fishing community" within 500 miles.

19. olides84

My city, Antwerp, has about half a million. There's always lots to do and it is very alive. I don't think I could deal with living in a small village.

20. Nodnarb

Ames is about 50,000. But it's a college town, so there's more going on here than a normal city that size. If you counted us with the Des Moines metro area (we're about 30 minutes North of DSM), there would be about 600,000 people.