1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has your sexual orientation ever made you cry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jose Carioca, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Has you sexual orientation made you cray? Caused directly by your orientation being different. For example, breaking up would not count because it happens to "normal" orientations as well. But crying due to a hate crime or otherwise would count. What are you experiences with this?

2. paco

paco Guest

short answer, yes.

its mostly got to do with relationships though and the lack thereof. like when i used to have crushes on straight guys, and generally don't anymore because its pointless. i sometimes find the fact that we actually manage to train ourselves not to like certain people kinda sad.

3. Greggers

I used to cry every night and sobbingly pray to jesus to rid me of all gayness?

But i dont think ive cried over my sexual orientation or felt badly about it for months now, much progress has been made.

Of course, the constant depressing thoughts that its going to be so much harder for me to find a relationship and things like not knowing if even half the people i invite to my wedding would even show up still get to me. But not directly being gay.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the past, yes, a lot. Right now, kind of indirectly.

5. haelmarie

At first it did, because it meant I would never be able to assimilate into the heteronormative nuclear family stereotype, which caused me a great deal of mental anguish. But the idea of being homosexual or having same-sex attractions did not really cause me any trouble in of themselves.

6. Timm

Yes, because I feared that my friends/family may hate me, and I feared what people may do to me because of it.

7. biisme

I don't believe it has ever made me cry. I was never ashamed of who I was, or wanted to change it. I was a wreck when I told certain people, but I wasn't crying.

What does make me cry is some of the issues surrounding LGBT rights, and the bigotry of some people. Articles I read, or stories that I read about some people make me cry, but my sexuality does not.

8. Not my orientation itself, but people's reactions to it? Hell yes.

9. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Same here!

10. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Ditto. The sense of being different and not conforming to what is considered 'normal' in this society, that's what fills me with a mixture of sadness and rage.

11. That about sums it up for me, too.

12. Gaetan

I cried the night I came out to myself. I'm not sure why, actually. I wasn't really sad, I wasn't mad...they might have even been tears of joy that I was finally being honest with myself. I, quite simply, started crying.

13. GhostDog

I'm not sure if I have ever cried because I went "Oh no, I'm gay, this is awful."

I have cried because I found being constantly flooded with confusion over it entirely overwhelming, though. I was convinced for the longest time that I could not possibly be interesting enough to be gay, or that I was too ugly to deserve a sexual orientation at all, and that it would be presumptuous and uppity of me to actually find anyone attractive and reasonably expect it to be returned. I had this thing in middle through high school where I considered myself subhuman.

Back when I assumed I was just straight with a low sex drive, that was easy to abide by. I didn't deserve to date anyone, and I didn't really want to, easy peasy! But when I figured out who it was I was really interested in, it was a bitch trying to reconcile my inferiority complex with the idea that, yes, I do want all that stuff. Just, with the ladies. I knew what I wanted but then I'd feel like I didn't deserve it, could never have it, and that made me cry, too.

Then there was the whole "But do I actually like women like that? What if I get in a relationship with a woman and I find out I don't like it? What if I'm not attracted to ANYONE?" thing, which would keep me up until the wee hours of the morning when I'd cry from being so tired, so anxious, so confused, and knowing I had to be up in a few hours to go to school. I have lost a lot of sleep over this, over the years.

But I have also done this, too. =) It's a nice feeling, going from being horribly depressed, to crying for joy.

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, at least not yet.

15. mattypants

that sounds about right

16. wilfred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have only been happy by my being Gay!

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My orientation itself? No.

I've cried because the guy I wanted wasn't interested in me.
    I've cried because I was scared what my parents might do.
    And I've cried from being in love so deep it scared me.

But none of them were due solely to my orientation. Straight guys could've cried at the same types of things.

Lex

18. donnie5

I cried a lot when i was still in the closet. mostly just because i felt alone more than the actual orientation part itself, but since i came out to everyone years back i have never been sad over it again.it is so much a part of me and my thinking and my life now that to me it would be like crying over having black hair (though people don't shun and persecute you over having black hair)

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

No. Just because it's damn near impossible for me to cry. I've hated it, sure but not like shed tears over it.

20. Eleanor Rigby

I can't testify for straight guys, but the straight girl I am have cried a lot for the exact same reasons.