1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird dreams!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pseudojim, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a couple of weird dreams last night, and i made sure i wrote them down fresh.... One of them i'm not going to tell because i think it would be a sick idea for a book! But here's the other...

i was hanging out with the Mythbusters (lol) and it involved underwater diving near some kind of platform attached to the shore via a walkway... It had lots of steel frameworks on it, and it looked like it had a crane attached, maybe for loading and unloading stuff into boats. Anyways, all of a sudden some dudes with guns turned up, and the mythbusters knew to get the fuck underwater so they couldn't be shot (since a few yards of water stops bullets), and being a big fan of the show, i knew that too. So away we all went underwater, hiding. There was a big rock shelf not too far up the coast, and it had a pier attached, and i can remember surfacing behind one of the wooden supports of the pier to see if the guys with guns were still on the platform. I got spotted and the guy was fumbling for his gun, so i went back down again quick smart...

Near this big rock shelf were lots of small sea snakes. I should point out i don't have a snake phobia, i've actually handled them a bunch of times and been bitten by non venemous snakes on more than one occasion (makes for awesome scars). They were nice looking things, all blue/green/yellow striped. Two very good friends of mine are experienced divers so i happen to know that seasnakes generally aren't at all aggressive, so i didn't have a problem swimming near them, except that i accidently swept at one with a swim stroke and it bit me on my left hand, the meat at the base of my thumb to be exact. It didn't hurt, but i could feel that it left two teeth in the bite... i can still feel that sensation.

Anyway by that stage one of the stupid fuckers with guns had decided to chase us in the water, and for some reason he couldn't see underwater properly because of the light, but i could, so naturally i disarmed him and discharged all the bullets and dropped the gun. Somehow, mysteriously, the situation with the guys with guns was resolved by this stage, but i knew i was probably in deep trouble, because seasnakes are really fucking venemous.

I pantomimed to kari byron and tori belleci (lol) that i'd been bitten by one of them and they hurriedly helped me back to the crane platform via a ladder from the water, whereupon i laid down. i hadn't noticed any symptoms until i got to the top of the ladder, when i realised it was getting more difficult to breathe, so i was just lying down trying to relax. the crew ended up kind of forming a little concerned mob near me. There was a guy who came over from a building on the shore which the walkway seemed to lead to, apparently one of the staff of whatever facility we were at. He knew about the snakes in the area and took charge of the situation.

the guy who knew about teh snakes found the wound, left the teeth in there, put a tourniquet on my left arm, which by this stage was in a great amount of pain, even though the thumb itself didn't feel so bad. He also put a pressure bandage on my hand which didn't feel anywhere near as bad as the tourniquet. i also realised at that point i was losing control over my tongue and it was much more difficult to talk than it had been a minute earlier. The guy then looked at my eyes, asked me if i could still see, which i could but realised that vision was getting slightly blurry. He took this as a bad sign, so he told someone to give me something to read to check how my eyes were going. someone grabbed a business card from their pocket which for some reason was for a company called "third hit"... the dummy held it too close to my eyes so i had to use my right (unbitten) hand to move it back and read it. They told me to read it aloud, which by this stage was very difficult, i could hardly use my tongue at all. It took a lot of effort to say and sounded more like "thithit". After another short while i looked back at the card and realised the letters were all running together and i was losing the ability to read.

My pulse by that stage had accelerated to a ridiculous rate, and breathing was MUCH more difficult, every breath was a huge effort. My vision was unworkably blurry so i just looked at the sky, but i could still move my right arm just fine. My hearing was unaffected completely, i could still hear everyone talking. It was about that stage the ambulance turned up and put an IV in my arm, and one of those big blue things they put on people's mouths to aid breathing on tv shows like ER. Someone (not sure who, couldn't see) was encouraging me to concentrate on clenching and unclenching my right hand on something (not sure what) that had been placed in it. then i totally lost vision, couldn't move, but could still hear, was very close to unconsciousness and vaguely felt the sensation of being picked up and moved.... and that's about where it ended.

So stupidly vivid and detailed.... I remember it all so clearly, i could really see, hear, and feel all that shit going on... Finding it so hard to breathe was very alarming, but all in all it wasn't exactly a frightening experience, i was calm during all that shit.

When i woke up i went straight to wiki to read about seasnakes... i didn't think i knew anything much about them, especially not bite symptoms, but here's what i found...
    I don't recall ever having read about the specific symptoms of seasnake bites, but the shit my brain made up was pretty fucking close! Then again it might just be that i've read about it a long time ago and my subconscious just dug it up. I didn't have the headache, thirst, sweating, vomiting or bodily pain (except for the left arm), but the rest of it.... yikes!

Anyone else ever have dreams as vivid as this? i'm curious!

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh crap, i wondered where this post went....

I meant to post this in chit chat... could a mod kindly move it please?

3. werekid

wow that is a weird dream

4. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that's pretty intense. I'm guessing you either had read it before or it was your brain putting two and two together with poisonous snake bites and sea snakes.

As for my dreams, one particular one would be a semi-nightmare I had years ago; I can't remember huge amounts about the plot, but I was being chased (one of those slow-running dreams where you can't go any faster) and cornered against a tree surrounded by three massive cats. Their faces were a good two feet wide and eyes the size of dinner-plates.
    Oddly enough, when one started meowing, it sounded like it came from an averaged sized house-cat, but I began to feel this big weight on my chest. Naturally, I startle from the dream and find my cat on my chest meowing at me. What I still haven't understood was how my mind had anticipated my cat waking me up in the middle of the night, though I know for a fact that dreams that seem to last for hours to the dreamer actually only last a few minutes, but makes it all the more weird for me.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moved :slight_smile:

6. SilhouetteDream

I had a dream a few days ago about judgement day.
    Which I personally don't believe in.
    But let me tell you it was insanely weird and scary. :S
    Holocaust-like almost. Creepy.