1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some of your dreams that are odd or spooky?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I had one last night.
    I was in the parking lot at my school putting my bookbag in the trunk it was dark so i'm guessing it was after practice.

But this guy was sitting in a car a few spots down and he was really cute but gave off some bad vibes. He blows me a kiss and I gave him a f you face and he just looked at me for a second and then drove behind me and started like doing something with his hands like sign language or gang signs idk. But I looked at him and said "I don't know sign language" and he stopped and smiled (not a nice smile) then drove off.

I woke up and my heart was pounding.

Why that scared me so much is beyond me. Lol.

2. haelmarie

I have this one terrifying dream where I'm just stranded alone on an empty prairie. I keep on walking through the wheat, but no one ever shows up. I start to run near the end, and I get into really tall wheat and I can't see anywhere.

It always makes me walk up in a complete panic.

And I'll frequently have dreams about a teacher switching a test date or making a project due on a certain day and I am not ready at all.

3. pirateninja

I had one last night. It was literally that all the stuff of nightmares was coming to life; rotting zombies walked the streets, crazed killers rode around in cars waving chainsaws, monsters smashed houses. And all I could think of was how I didn't know what was happening to my family and that I would die without them. I was exceptionally glad to wake up from that one.

4. pteen

One time when I was younger me and my brother had a the same dream and I guess we had some kind of cyciatric connection. Me and him could what the other person was doing in their dream.

P.S. We're not twins, we watched a movie about some electric ghost in Arizona (maybe about 2005/6).

5. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    A couple of years ago I had the worst nightmare I think I've ever experienced. I was walking the streets of Atlanta at night by myself when all of a sudden two men jumped out with knives and started chasing me. I started panicking, running away from them as quickly as possible, and found what looked like an abandoned building and rushed inside. And all of a sudden it was like I'd entered a fantasy world. The inside of the building looked like some kind of lab, and there were doors EVERYWHERE. Like, a hundred of them. I didn't have any clue where to go and I was convinced I was going to die at any moment. That was when I heard a doorknob rattling. I knew it was the psychos who'd been chasing me, but I didn't know what door they were coming in through. As I tried to mentally prepare myself for my death, I let out a final scream...

...and suddenly I was sitting up in bed, shrieking in terror, staring straight into the panicked eyes of my mom (who had entered my room, causing the aforementioned doorknob-rattling sound, to inform me that I'd overslept for school). I think I nearly gave both of us a heart attack that morning.

6. Daniel

I've been having this recurring dream every night now for a while.

I dream that I am married to Everett in South Africa, that we never ended. That everything worked out fine. It is so real.

Every time I wake up I am surprised I don't feel him next to me, and then I realize he isn't. And the pain comes back. It's like it happened all over again.

I dread going to sleep now.

7. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

My dreams are downright...demented sometimes.

A reoccurring one:

My dad chases me around the pool with a chainsaw. Mom and my brother try to help him, and I can't seem get away.

An old one that scared the piss out of me:

I was at my high school's library...which was practically destroyed...holes in the walls, books torn up. It had become a place for sick people to go, because everyone was vomiting and dying around me. My parents were supposed to pick me up, so I walked outside. People out there were dropping like flies, too. I remember the clouds were pressing in...they were a sick green...this was only the edge of it. My friend asked me if I wanted to use her cell phone to call my parents, then she puked and dropped.

I woke up shortly after that...and didn't go back to sleep because I was scared I'd have it again. Stupid thing is still fresh in my mind...YEARS later. I should write a story about it...

8. RaeofLite

My nearby skihill was an active volcano at one point. It's extinct now but... I had a dream it erupted and set the town on fire. My car was swept in the lava and so I had to steal someone's jeep, and I had no idea where my family went. I managed to find my gf and we drove off till we found some creepy stormtrooper looking guys who asked us for our ID and tried to steal all we had. We trekked it out lord of the rings style over the mountains searching for other survivors.

9. Gaetan

Mine usually are low budget action movies that don't make sense. Just a few nights ago I had a dream about a satellite mounted gun that shoots black holes.

Or, not really a dream but weird...this morning my mind woke up but my entire body was still asleep. So, there I am thinking about lying in bed...but not being able to open my eyes or really even move.

10. GhostDog

I remember one dream I had, several years ago, where I was dead and wandering as a ghost. I was in this beautiful train station that looked like a Gothic church. It was so full of people and life and this wonderful golden light, and I wanted to cry because I couldn't participate in it. I think I did cry. All I could do was feebly try to touch things and felt no sensation in my hand (in retrospect, I wonder if I wasn't sleeping on my hand XD).

I ended up wandering out to a grey courtyard, surrounded by high walls of grey stone. I was alone but for another few ghosts, and their presence didn't make me feel any better. It was powerfully quiet. And I remembered thinking, "The dead hate places of echo, where they know they cannot hear themselves." I woke up way freaked out.

Oddly enough, though, whenever I'm stressed? I remember that dream, take a big breath, and just feel glad that I still can. It was that memorable. I mean, I have stupid chase dreams where I can't move my legs, or ones where I have to pack everything I own and skip town to avoid the secret police or something, but I don't remember any of them being so... existential.

11. Nitro

Spooky:

My dream had no vision, smell, taste, touch … only these words: "Look out!"

Then my alarm clock rang.

-----

I used to have recurring dreams that involved the active participation or at least the indifference of my family to my murder. In one I was fatally stabbed by a mugger, and, knowing this, I decided to pull my body through the knife closer to my assailant and slowly strangle him to death. Never in my dreams did I find out if I succeed in the task. What happens next is my parents arrive to take me home and I demand to go to the hospital. They, knowing I'm a goner and indifferent to my suffering, suggest that we go in the morning if I feel any pain. No amount of reasoning or pleading with them will change their minds. Helpless and hopeless I slowly fade away in the back seat of their car.

12. sexyalex

Hmm, well...this is a bit hard for me to come out with. My bf thinks I am being paranoid but I keep having these dreams of him killing me.

Everytime, the dream ends the same, but starts differently. Its like, I am dreaming of him killing me in the future or something. :frowning2:
    Worse, my bf thinks I am a vampire and is kinda freaked out by me (even though I am a vegetarian). Because one day in Advanced french cooking class, my classmate Mona sliced off her thumb while chopping onions and no one would help her(because of the amount of blood maybe. It was quite allot). So I sticked her finger in my mouth to arrest the bleeding then held it tightly while I took her to the nurse.

....somehow, along with my natural freakish cat look (especially since I have long canine teeth) everyone in class just have this thing in their head that I am goth because I am a vampaire. Which is just BS.

But I somehow keep dreaming of my bf stabbing me to death in my sleep and ironically, I started having those dreams after he came out to me, that he was scared of me. Also, I only have those dreams when he sleeps over my place, in my bed. O_O
    When we are not in bed together, I sleep like a baby!

Weird huh?

#12 sexyalex, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so, I saw Paranormal activity last night with some friends (Spoiler alert!!!)

I didn't think the move was scary, but then I had a really freaky dream.

I was in my bed and heard this scratching noise that my cat makes when he is done using the litter box. It went on forever, so I rolled over said: "Toby! enough already!" but he was laying in the bed next to me when I rolled over. So, I got up and went into the bathroom, where the litter box is, and litter is all over the floor and there are demonish foot prints in the spilled litter.
    Then the kitchen light came on. I started to walk out into the kitchen then there was a roar and I woke up, scared the Hell out of me!

14. AtomicCafe

I haven't had a dream that I remembered in over two years. There were two that recurred at least once a month for me as a kid though:

1. I'm running around on a jungle gym at a park near where I used to live. We played Lava on there, where you can't touch the ground, and in my dream, we're still playing it, but all the other kids are horribly deformed and chasing me. They finally grab me, so I play dead. Then they skinned me.

2. It takes place in the neighborhood where I was born and lived for 7 years. There are tubes connecting all of the houses, like a gerbil maze or something, and inside of the plastic walls are people living normal lives, going to their houses and work and school. Outside, there are these limping creatures, like zombies. Then I realize I'm outside.

15. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. tokwa

I was at this scary old mall type thing, and these girls are screaming like crazy afraid of going in, laughing at them at being scaredy cats and told them in my mind "suckers" then went to the other direction. Then I got to this dark parking lot, and there seems to be a serial killer like person running around naked with a knife, chasing someone. The person being chased escaped successfully I hid in a corner and then he moved towards the direction where i'm hiding, then the light hit his face. God, it was awful, he was like high on drugs and laughing like crazy, just like a serial killer. i can't move a muscle because i'm scared shitless. Then he looked at me in the eye. I woke up. Thank God I woke up. XD

Then there's this other dream, RE type, zombie plague, blablabla. WE were at an evacuation center because the zombies took over the city. Then my dad realized he forgot something in the house, so I went with him on a motor. On the way I saw some zombies biting some of my friends. I got scared shitless. Then we were at my house and then I talked to my dad, something's wrong with him, he's very white. I realized he was a zombie too then I ran out of the house and these zombies are chasing me. Blablabla then I was hiding wif my friends who haven't got bit in an old house, then the zombies came in. Then I woke up. lol.

AND ANOTHER ODD DREAM OF MINE is that there's another disaster here in the phil., i was on the beach with my aunt then this HUGE TSUNAMI engulfed us. then i awoke.

17. HighintheClouds

PHP:
    Whoa... That's a freaky dream...

That sounds so beautifully poetic... Almost makes me wanna have that dream...

And your dream was weird... In a cool way. =)

Here's my dream, copy-pasted from another place which also asked about dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was somehow at a shopping mall with this guy. I saw that he had some marriage problems and decided to offer to talk to him. We then spent a long time walking around the near-deserted and dark shopping mall (it wasn’t one of those modern shopping malls. It was more like one of those really old centres you get from the 80s) just discussing his problems which he seemed very relieved to be doing. I was convinced by him that his wife was in the wrong and was giving him lots of support.

After that we joined back with the rest of the group where I found out that the wife had been talking to the rest of the group and they were apparently convinced that the husband was the one in the wrong. Well, I didn’t manage to get to the bottom of it before everything changed..

I was now a king and the shopping mall had somehow turned into a castle. I saw students dressed in Hogwarts apparel wandering around as if on a tour and there was another king who was visiting me. The man whom I had discussed his marriage problems with was still there. Then I was out in a walled courtyard under a grey sky.

Suddenly there was a tsunami. The waves started pounding on the beach right next to the castle and eventually when they got high enough the crashed through the stained-glass windows of the courtyard (I have no idea why a courtyard would have windows made of stained glass), causing chaos as people started fleeing. I hurriedly grabbed the man with the marriage problems and the visiting king and tried to pull them into a passageway only I could open. The visiting king pulled free from me for a moment, took his horse then followed me into the doorway.

We walked up some stairs into a dark room where the atmosphere changed. It suddenly became much cooler and there was dust everywhere. A few beams of light pierced through the darkness and gave just enough light to show that it was a room with a very high ceiling. Whatever wooden furniture there was was covered with a layer of dust. It was obvious that nobody had entered the room for a very long time. It was somewhere around this point where medieval choral chants began, lending an even more lonely and forgotten dimension to the place.

For some reason, I then knew that this was the old room where I used to have counsel with my knights. I explained to the visiting king and the other man that I was King Arthur and this was where the round table used to be. Funnily enough a vision of a table appeared. It was rectangular.

The visiting king and his horse were then up on a big rope ladder somewhere against the wall (don’t ask me how the horse got up there) and he came down. The man with marriage problems now had a name: Collaghen (pronounced as “Kol-la-gayn” [stress on the first syllable]). I was overcome with a great sadness as I carried on relating how we had become more decadent and strayed from who we used to be.

I called them over for a group hug in an effort to console myself, but it didn’t work out very well. They didn’t seem to be familiar with the concept of group hugs and besides, the visiting king didn’t have very good breath. I then realised that the doors into the room were unlocked and thus anyone could enter. For reasons unknown to me I just didn’t want anyone else to intrude so I went to lock the doors. Apparently I was just in time for I heard voices and people trying to open the door. One voice said, “Shh… Don’t. This is the room which must not be entered.”

It was around this point where I started to wake up. The last memories I have of the dream are the three of us in the room, each standing separate from the others deep in their own thoughts.

While the dream wasn’t exactly pleasant, it was quite emotional. Poignant, if I had to use one word. Memories of a great past contrasted with a less-than-fulfilling present. Also, I’m of the opinion that I’ve had this dream before. In fact, I’m starting to believe that I’ve had many of my dreams before. The core “plot” stays the same while certain details change…. I need to update my software…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And in case anyone’s wondering, Collaghen is a Celtic name. I checked it out myself on Google. I for one find it interesting how my mind could have come up with such a name when I can’t remember ever coming across it in my life

18. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    As for some of my more odd/bizarre/amusing dreams:

- I was in New York City (by myself for some reason), sitting in a near-empty restaurant waiting for my food. An androgynous-looking person with dark hair and freckles sat down at my table next to me, and all of a sudden he or she started kissing me passionately on the face and neck. That was...strange, to say the least, and probably one of the things that motivated me to start questioning my sexuality. (The weird thing is, it wasn't a fantasy or anything. The person really wasn't attractive at all.)

- I was in the Snowpeak Ruins from the game Zelda: Twilight Princess. Only it was ME there, no enemies, no weapons, just exploring from a first-person point of view. The strangest thing about this dream was that I hadn't played the game in over a year, yet somehow my subconscious was able to replicate AMAZINGLY intricate details of the dungeon. Things I wouldn't have been able to recall at all had I been awake. I played through that dungeon a few days later and was really freaked out by how much of my dream was accurate in comparison.

- And then, my personal favorite: hedgehogs getting married. On a ski slope. In California. Must I explain more? :lol:

19. Totoro

This is probably because i was studying biology before going to bed ->
    I was trying to use my arm, but i couldn't because it kept popping out of its socket... and i kept popping it back in- and then it just kept happening. Yes, wtf?

20. Just Adam

i kinda recall 2

1) i was beeing chased around a construction site by a vampire driving a herse trying to run me down ...i remember him leanign out of teh window laughing manicly

2) climbing up through an old creeking building that never stopped going up with random people all around..trying to escape teh zombies climbing after us as the house filled with acid floor by floor getting closer and closer...