1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What were you like as a baby/kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Oct 14, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Just interesting stories to post here.

Apparently I was a whiny baby who ate small snacks every couple hours. But when I was a kid I loved playing in the mud/creeks and climbing trees and dirt biking. And running around naked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Kirakishou

Constantly hyperactive, can't sit still, extremely show-offy, "OMG WON'T THIS KID STFU" summed me up pretty nicely.

And then puberty smacked me in the face, told me to grow up, and my personality did a complete 180. (!)

3. djt820

I was the opposite. XD
    I was usually quiet and was very content. I was an extremely good baby according to my mother. I didnt even cry when I got my shots. Now, Im discontentful with everything and I never shut up. Im loud and obnoxious now and have no manners that I had as a kid.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was kind of the same. I was always on the go, always talking, always showing off.

5. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I had a blonde/golden afro and allegedly I wouldn't stop talking to people I knew. Got into lots of trouble too. Also pretty hyperactive. God I'm exactly the opposite now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Gaetan

When I was a baby, I was very happy all the time. I apparently rarely cried, and always had a massive grin on my face. I guess I was gay even then--though, the older meaning of the word. :grin:

I remember being fairly outgoing as a child, but puberty (and likely my closeted self) turned that around. I'm still very shy and somewhat awkward in social situations.

7. Shevanel

Joey was never a child, Joey doesn't age! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. epiphanies

All I know is that I liked to stay up late (still a trend... it's about 3am here) and I was a pretty depressed kid. Very down. I think they should have had me checked. My babysitter took me to an amusement park with a huge group of people when I was probably 7, and she told me I would have a good time. I replied back "I guess I might" and frowned.

9. Helen

Helen Guest

I apparently opened my eyes a short while after I was born. The nurses were all marvelling at how alert I was, already trying to lift my head up so I could look around :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess I was a fairly normal baby in terms of crying, I didn't cry quite as much as my little brother, but still had my grizzly moments. It took me a very long time to learn how to talk, my parents thought I was deaf, but they came to the conclusion that I was capable of LEARNING how to talk, I just didn't feel like exercising my skills :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As it transpired, I could sing before I could talk. Perhaps that was a clue to my musicianness? :O

I was also very, *very* white. XD Considerably whiter than I am now.

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, and I looked kind of like this as a baby, this as a toddler and this when presented with cake. Reading, sleeping, and being a big fan of cake - not that much has changed.

11. KittyBoy

I wasn't like anyone else my when I was a kid. I was a minature adult, talking with other adults about politics and world affairs, which is quite scary looking back at it. I also used to sing.

12. AtomicCafe

My parents say I was a really quiet baby, unlike my sister. (Read: TOTALLY opposite of her in that way!) Apparently I was a pretty antisocial toddler who liked to read and draw and could throw hissy-fits if I didn't get to bed at my exact bedtime, exactly on the dot. Sadly, I'm still exactly like this...

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Based on the stories I’ve heard I was a complete and utter clean freak. If my shorts got dirty on the playground, I’d have to come inside, take a bath, and put on an entirely new outfit. I was a pretty quiet kid, and very well behaved too. I used to tell anyone who would listen entirely too much information. I remember telling some older woman all about how breasts work at a funeral once, yeah I actually did that. :lol:

I also remember feeding the geese in our kitchen once. We had just moved into a new house and there were geese all along the wallpaper in the kitchen. My grandmother came over and she was with my mom in the living room, I was alone in the kitchen with boxes filled with food. I decided to take the salt out and literally covered the kitchen with it, the geese didn’t appreciate my efforts.

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My parents tell me I was a very quiet baby. The minute I was born, I stopped crying and started looking around. I always had an inquisitive, pensive look on my face, and was always curious. When my parents would read to me, I would always be examining the book and their face, trying to really figure out what was going on. As my parents say, the minute I was born, I started thinking.

15. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Haha.. that makes me think of Stewey from Family Guy lol

Me?... hmm I can't remember, well my mum told me she accidently nearly suffocated me... ¬_¬

16. Pretty much like I am now. I learned how to read pretty young cause my mom would read to me every day, and I still love to read. I loved dancing, singing, and showing off as soon as I knew how.

Once we were at "The Sound of Music" when it came to our town. My mom looked down next to her during the "My Favorite Things" scene and saw that I wasn't there. She jumped up to find m toddling down the aisle, and when she caught me, I told her "I wanna go play with the kids!"

Also, I had crushes on lots of fictional characters that I'm just now starting to realize.. Meg from Hercules was one of them; can't think of any more off the top of my head. :wink:

17. MusicIsLife

i was very quiet baby, like i didnt cry much and as i got older i became really talkative. my favourite phrase was "I have just one more question!" and i'd stay up late asking my mom and dad questions about anything and everything xD

18. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    That sounds a lot like me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Only it wasn't so much puberty as it was the other kids in my school. I was kinda bullied for a while, and that made me become much more shy and unsure of myself, which wasn't so great. It's only now that I've started becoming more self-confident, and my personality's gotten more like it was when I was younger. I'm pretty much the same as I was, only more mature and more understanding of others. I read through things I wrote when I was 10 and I'm amazed by how much I've changed AND how little I've changed, you know?

19. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I was a cutie :grin: *sigh* some things never change hehe

20. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah so was I ... but not anymore, the older i got the worser I got ¬__¬ lol