1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No common sense. Who doesn't have it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Legnaj, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

This lady:

I was helping a customer who had 2 duatghers. She asks me for 3 cheesecakes and 3 cones. I show her the cone size and the icecream size. She says they are too big. So I tell her I can give her 2 kids sizes because she has 2 kids but I cant offer her a kids size because she is an adult and the child size is a promotion only for children. She agrees so I begin making her order.....

Here is where common sense comes into play. You have 3 icecreams. If I give you 2 small cones in a row and I told you you will get 2 small cones, what will the next size be? Yup thats right, the adult size I told you you would recive. As I proceeded to hand her duaghter (who didnt get the child size because her mother was busy chowin down on it) the icecream this lady proceedes to tell me I lied and cheated her out of 3 kids cones :bang:. (Facepalm). She asked for the manager which allowed me to say one of my favorite lines I only get to say once a month "I am the manager." As she continues to complain and awaits an answer from me the only response (in a really fake I care but I could care less attitude) I give her..."I'm sorry you feel that way but that will be $11.69" :grin:

anyone got a "no common sense" story?

2. Paragon

Paragon Guest

LAWL! i love it :eusa_clap
    well my geography teacher didnt know egypt was in africa.... :bang:

3. AtomicCafe

Love it!!

My favorite one: a girl from my theater troupe once asked me, "What's a testicular cancer?" WELL...

4. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

how many kilometers are in an hour?

and to make it worse she pronounced it kee-low-meters. not kill-om-eters. math class in 7th grade, wow.

5. "Can dogs from Japan talk to dogs from America? I mean, like, because American dogs speak American and Japanese dogs speak Japanese."
    :facepalm: And this was asked in psychology. By a 12th grader.

6. SolitaryKnight

Here's a good one for you,

A lady comes in with her young son where I work and walks up to my cash, slams her debit card on the desk and asks for 10 bags of wood pellets. I tell her we don't have any in, to which she replied "yes you do". and here is how the conversation continued.
    "Um, no we don't"
    "Yes you do"
    "Um, I work here and I'm fairly certain that we don't have any."
    "They are outside the doors."
    "Okay, now I know you are lying. If we did have them they wouldn't be outside right now."
    "Alright then what is this." She then gets me to go outside, and points out to me a pallet of clearly labelled tube sand.
    "I want ten bags!" she yells.
    "You want ten bags of tube sand?"
    "What?" She then looks and finally reads the sign.
    "No I don't want tube sand, where are your pellets?"
    "We don't have any."
    "Yes you do, I bought them here before."
    "We don't have any in stock at the moment, the supply for them is really low right now."
    "So you don't have any?"
    "No."
    "Fine, I'll go to the other place and get them."
    (Facepalm)
    "They, don't have them either." I reply. "The supply all over is short, no one has any pellets right now."
    "Yeah, well they are going to get my business." and she leaves...
    All I thought was that her son was going to be really messed up living with someone that stupid.

7. Phantasma

8. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    This summer I worked at a music store and this teenager comes in and ask's for Nelly Furtado's album Loose this is how the conversation went

Girl: Do you have the album loose?
    Me: I'll just check *types stuff into the computer* no sorry we don't have it in stock I could order it
    Girl: Hmm I don't wanna wait a week, is she Canadian?
    Me: Yes
    Girl: So if I buy an Avril Lavigne album it's roughly the same thing?
    Me: *looking at her like she was from another planet* No
    Girl: But there both Canadian
    Me: And the similarity ends there, they are completely different artist's
    Girl: I know but they must be sorta the same
    Me: You want Nelly Furtado buy Nelly Furtado not Avril Lavigne
    Girl: But you don't have it
    Me: We arn't the only music store around, or we will order it
    Girl: I think I'll get Pink instead

I could have strangled her after all that I don't know if that's lacking common sense or intelligence

#8 carrie90, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  9. grapevine fires

10. Greggers

"So this is Africa." *pointing to Asia*

^
    That would be my History Prof.

11. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Ohh I remember another one. My brother was loading dishes and they were really hot so he grabbed it with one hand and kinda threw the dish back down cause he bruned his hand on it, so rather than leave the dish to cool down he says "I'll just grab it with boths hands it will take some of the heat away" and surprise surprise he burn't both his hands I was just like *facepalm*

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    My Health class constantly makes me worry about the intelligence of the general American population. The stupidity of the people in there knows NO bounds.

Examples: my teacher once had to explain to a student what a "DUI" was. One girl pronounced "foreign" like "for-egg-inn" and was completely serious. We had to do a PowerPoint project the other day and present it, and LITERALLY HALF OF THE CLASS couldn't read what THEY supposedly wrote (I'm serious; the teacher had to read aloud the text to their own projects as if they were in elementary school).

I mean, this is a HIGH SCHOOL health class. Granted, most of them are freshmen, but honestly. It worries me.

13. Mind Freak

Lol. Your stories are absolutely hilarious!
    Keep them coming please this is making my day!

14. starfish

Actually I think it is a very good question, albeit stated poorly.

A lot of animals communicate vocally, and just about all animals communicate with body language. True no other animal's communications are as complex as humans, but that doesn't man there can't be regional differences in their communications. In fact I would take it as an almost certainty.

The question is are those differences are significant enough to impede communication.

----------

That is not a no common sense story. That is a bad customer service story. What is the name of your store. I want to be sure I never shop there.

15. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [/COLOR]
    That is not a no common sense story. That is a bad customer service story. What is the name of your store. I want to be sure I never shop there.[/QUOTE]

you are kidding, right?

16. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I'm sorry you feel that way but in the customer service industry, you cant please everybody. Please notice the pun in which I only get to say "I am the manager" once a month because we only get customers like that once a month. I still stand by my story, she had no common sense and if it a bad customer service so be it, that was a sumed up version of the whole debacle. Let that be my first complaint in over a year by someone who doesnt shop at this store. Btw what makes you think I wont give you the name of our competitor :grin: for that reason I wont give you a name.

We might not agree on this but that aside, I do love the advice you give. You have helped me out on this site star, thankyou(*hug*).

17. AtomicCafe

^ I agree that the woman had no common sense, but if I were her, I would have been pissed to get that sort of response from the manager. Maybe it would have been kinder to say that you explained the policy to her and that you could show her the promotion advertisement that states the kids' size is only for kids. I do agree with Pseudojim.

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i don't think it was bad customer service, i just screwed up the quote.

19. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Common sense? There's no such thing any more in this world! Too much red tape and bureaucracy. :frowning2:

20. Ben

Ben

People who go crazy trying to push a door open when it clearly has a huge sign saying "PULL".
    "Isn't Mickey Mouse a bird?" - some really unintelligent guy who will remain nameless. >_>
    "Balance is one of the five senses" - x_x
    "Is Russia in Prussia?" - She meant the place, not the word.