1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by warrior, Oct 18, 2009.

1. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How many of you here have thought of suicide as a mean of getting away from all forms of misery, i.e. had suicidal thoughts? How many of you have actually attempted it?

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I have thought about it but I will never try it. My way of thinking is I don't wanna kill myself, but if I die(not by my hands)that would be better. I hope know one kills themself! Good luck if any1 needs it! =)

3. Paragon

Paragon Guest

thought about it never tried it

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I thought about it ALOT, but never seemed to made an attempt. Now I won't even think about doing it, I rather be depressed for a period of time than end everything in one go, coz you only live once right?

A nights sleep an I'll feel better :slight_smile:

5. grapevine fires

Thought about it, tried it, but only half-heartedly... I'm not "strong" enough to pull through and land myself in the hospital. I'd prefer to have my miseries go moderately unnoticed... no big scars, no permanent damage to internal organs.

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Not true, I think depression and stress can cause harm to your mind, body and SooOuuuUL................................ ¬_¬

7. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here. I wish God takes my life - I'm not strong enough to face such sufferings...and who knows what's there to come in future. Alk I can see is darkness in the near future...

But then again, I don't think death is a solution. LGBTs are still going to be persecuted and executed even after my life is over - so what's the point. Instead let's try to bring some change in the world. But then again, facing such sufferings...

8. AtomicCafe

Thought about it, tried it, failed at it, regretted it.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Normally I don't think about, but every once in a while I have depressive episodes where I go through a bad existential crisis and end up considering suicide. What keeps me from trying it is my connection to my family and my friends. The thought of the misery they would feel from me being gone has pulled me back form the brink more times than I care to remember. It's probably not a good thing that the only thing that allows me to value my life in those cases is that others value it. Then again, when my life seems hopeless and futile, where else can I turn to give it value?

In short, thought about it, would never try it, because I know people would be sad about it.

10. BasketCase

Thought about it and tried it, failed obviously, I think I'll probably end up trying it again someday unless I pull my life together - something I am failing to do (Quickly enough) right now.

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Thought about it but came round to the fact that I'm only 17 and yeh life kicks you in the balls and runs away, I still have many years to go and things should improve!

Permanent solution to a temporary problem! Is the way I see it now. :slight_smile:

12. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried cutting my wrists, taking pills and asphyxiation.

Not doing that anymore.

13. Pasalacqua

I've thought about it, though, the only way I could ever see myself killing myself is by pills, and, I'm not going to get into why, but everytime I even take like, an advil, I 9 times out of 10, throw it up almost immediately. So. That's not gonna happen.

14. Mickey

Tried it at age 17,ended up in a psych ward for 2 1/2 months. I'm still here,thankfully!

15. Derek the Wolf

I thought about it a lot but never made an attempt. I thought if I survived the attempt it would screw up my life too much.

Self harm is a different story.

16. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Thought, attempted and now suffering =) That's what I get D=

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm glad you're still here Mickey!

You guys suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It leaves those who love you wondering what they could have done to stop this. There is horrible guilt from those who love you. I think its pretty damn selfish.

There is no problem in this world worth killing yourself over. In fact, you can take the pain you are feeling and learn from it and grow into a better person. You are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender because you have something to teach the world. Now go forward and do it! I tell parents all the time that having a gay son is a GIFT and I believe that with my whole heart. You can sit around saying "why me" or you can show the world what you're made of.

OK, that's my pep talk for today! I love you all and would be devastated if anything happened to anybody here. (&&&)

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Tried it a few times earlier this year and last year during a depression streak, but haven't tried it since.

19. ZachO

ZachO Guest

I considered it seriously once, and probably would have done so, but my cat convinced me not to. I'll elaborate on that if anyone's interested.

20. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I have thought about it, often once. Much better now that I am out and about.

Shit, if only they all knew, if only they all read this. Look at us, teenagers and twenty-somethings casually discussing how we have considered offing ourselves.

Solidarity! (&&&)