1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The EC Cookbook!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ColdNight, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ColdNight

ColdNight Guest

Well, what I want to do, is to steal all your recipes!... And then make a cookbook! If this goes well, I shall take all the recipes, and turn them into a real cookbook! That's not all, after that, I shall send anyone who asks, this cookbook, free of charge. Yes, I WILL pay for the paper and the stamps etc.

Please, include all ingredients, tools needed, and proper directions. Such as:

Bad:
    Throw it in the oven for a bit.

Good:
    Throw it in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want it.

I hope this works out, and I shall put up a few recipes later.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

A recipe of our OWN?

This is cool btw =]

3. ColdNight

ColdNight Guest

Preferably, but any will do! :slight_smile:

4. Paragon

Paragon Guest

DEATH BY CALORIES
    ingredients: 100g of cooking chocolate
    100g of butter
    various chocolate candy bars
    chocolate biscuits
    i tblspn of golden syrup
    condensed milk 100g

melt cooking chocolate, once melted add butter and golden syrup, stir well
    crush all biscuits and candies in a seperate bowl, pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the crushed chocolates, refridgerate for 1 day
    eat, smile, get obese

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hmmm well... I don't know will you guys like it BUT here goes :
    Golden Wonders<<< Yeah I mjust made that up! lame! and they don't taste that nice..

Ingredients:
    Potatoes
    Lyles Syrup
    Butter/Margerine
    Plain Flour
    Egg

1) Pour vegetable oil into a pan for deep frying and heat up
    2) Cut the Potatoes into small chunks
    3) Crack an Egg into a mixing bowl, beat it until the yoak is mixed
    4) Place the chunk of Potatoes into the bowl, and make sure its covered in egg
    5) Pour the plain flour into a small bowl [4.5cm] for example, and add 2 teaspoons of sugar in it and mixed it up
    6) Dip the chunk of Potatoes one by one into the flour and make sure its nice and covered
    7) Put the covered Potatoes in the pan and fry until golden brown I think =]
    8) Take the Potaoes out and remove the oil and whatever
    9) Use another or same pan and throw the Potatoes in and pour an certian amount of Lyles syrup in and a teaspoon? of Butter/Margerine in
    10) Stir the potaoes and mix it up well

Ok its crap but owell................................. atleast I tried ¬_¬

#5 Z3ni, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
  6. The Cavity
    Ingredients:
    Two slices of bread
    Peanut butter (as much as desired)
    Granulated (white) sugar
    Brown sugar
    Cinnamon

Coat bread slices with peanut butter, put white sugar on one slice and brown sugar on the other, sprinkle with cinnamon, slap together, enjoy.

Soooo bad for your teeth, but oh-so-delicious >=D

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my! I have so many to share; I guess I'll start with this one that I finally perfected last week:

Perfect Hot Fudge Frosting

1/4 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    1.5 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (chopped into fine pieces)
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp vanilla

Combine all but the vanilla in small pan over medium heat, bring to a boil but don't stir it! After it has boiled for one minute remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Keep stirring until it is thick and gooey. From this point you can pour it over ice cream and enjoy, or keep stirring until it is very thick and spread it over a cake. You may want to double the recipe if frosting a cake with it though.

Okay, I'll share a caramel topping I make a lot too (incase you don’t like chocolate):

1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup milk
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, salt, and water in a pan over medium heat and boil until it turns a dark amber color, again no stirring. Remove from heat and add the milk and butter stir in the vanilla. I use this for pouring over ice cream and cakes; I even filled cupcakes with it before too.

#7 Black Cat, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  8. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i would love to be able to contribute however 99% of the time im banned from cooking in fear i will burn the house down haha. thats true btw!! the 1% i do cook im still checked upon. i can make a great stirfry tho. and i do have a little success with the microwave. cooking is most defo a thing any future person in my life will need to be able to do. cos i aint that great haha.

9. Paragon

Paragon Guest

DEATH BY CALORIES
    ingredients: 100g of cooking chocolate
    100g of butter
    various chocolate candy bars
    chocolate biscuits
    i tblspn of golden syrup
    condensed milk 100g

melt cooking chocolate, once melted add butter and golden syrup and condensed milk, stir well
    crush all biscuits and candies in a seperate bowl, pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the crushed chocolates, refridgerate for 1 day
    eat, smile, get obese

----------

wtf, how did that double post haappen, my bad that was supposed to be an edit :frowning2:

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My own hot fudge and/or icing:

2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp cream
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 cup icing sugar

Melt butter and cream in a bowl together, either in the microwave or over a saucepan on the stove. Sift cocoa and icing sugar and stir through the butter and cream. Use immediately if you want it as hot fudge, or leave in the fridge for n hour or so if you want to ice a cake with it.

11. RaeofLite

... You're making me hungry, I should have never stumbled onto this thread before I plan on hitting the gym..

12. Shevanel

Gummi Bears ^_^ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I know, its complicated as hell, right? xD

13. Dave

I've had this one in my cook book for years, everyone who's had it loves it, great for cakes, or on its own

Choc Heaven Icing

1 Cup Icing Sugar
    1.5-2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
    3 tsp margarine
    1 tbsp boiling water
    Few drops - 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence

In a bowl mix the Icing Sugar and Cocoa Powder together until well combined
    add margarine, water and vanilla and mix and combine to a creamy consistency.

14. biisme

Ahh...My family has several recipes that we've gathered from family and friends. Tomorrow I'll go get the tiny little box and write some out.

15. Greggers

~ Not-so-macho nachos ~

This is my recipe for making low calorie nachos to indulge on without feeling the guilt of something like a bag of dorritos. Its fast, very simple, and great for a late night snack or a party with friends.

Ingredients:

- Two to three soft corn tortilla shells
    - Package of taco meat seasoning powder
    - Cheese, whatever flavor you like best (I use cheddar)
    - Can of cooking spray

1 Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
    2 Get out a cutting board, a cookie sheet, a bowl, a spoon or fork and a large knife (preferably non-serrated).
    3 Cut each tortilla shell in half and then each half into three pieces. Spread the triangles on your cookie sheet evenly till its full.
    4 Take your bowl and grate a few tablespoons of your cheese into it, fine as possible. Add about 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of cheese in taco seasoning (more or less depending on the balance you want). Mix them together with a spoon or fork until it is evenly mixed.
    5 Take your can of cooking spray and spray each shell for about one second. Then using your hand or a spoon, grab some of your chesse/taco mix and spread it on top of the sprayed shells. Flip the shells over and repeat with the rest of your mix, making more if you run out.
    6 Bake in the middle rack of your oven for 2-3 minutes, flip the shells, and bake for another 2-3 minutes. They can burn fast, so make sure to watch them closely.
    7 Eat and feel NO high-calorie guilt! :slight_smile:

16. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OOO, awesome! Cooking time!

Okay, here goes:

My Arm! Alfredo

-six cloves garlic (that is, six pieces)
    -1/2 cup white wine (doesn't matter the kind, cooking wine will do)
    -1/2 cup Ricotta
    -3/4 to 1 cup Parmesan (the real stuff makes it GREAT, the powered stuff makes it only TASTEY)
    -1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar
    -Half to a whole medium onion
    -2 tbsp unsalted butter (that is a quarter stick, btw)
    -1/3 cup flour
    -1/3 cup olive oil
    -Half a package of mushrooms (about a cup chopped)
    -3 to 4 cups whole milk
    -Rosemary, basil, cilantro, salt and pepper (if you can get fresh herbs, do so!)

Finely dice the garlic, or use a garlic press. Using a saucepan, saute the garlic on low in the butter, olive oil, and white whine. Chop the onion as fine as you like while the garlic cooks, and add the onions to the saucepan. Cook this a little higher between low and medium for a few minutes. When the onions start to turn clear, add the herbs and continue cooking. Now chop the mushrooms as fine as you want and add them. This needs to cook about 10-15 minutes, covered. Periodically stir the mixture to make sure it is not burning or sticking. If it seems a little dry, don't hesitate to add some more olive oil. No one will complain, I promise.

NOW THIS IS WHERE THINGS CAN GO WRONG, SO PAY ATTENTION!
    (People who know how to make a white sauce, you know the drill)

When that is finished, turn the stove up to just over frying temperate, usually 7 or a little more than medium. If there is not some liquid in the bottom when you push the mixture away, then add a few tablespoons olive oil. Add the flour and mix it in well with a rubber spatula, no lumps. If you are afraid of lumps, sift the flour in while mixing.

Once this gets cooking, watch it carefully! When it is hot it won't need to cook for more than 4 minutes or so. Stir often; you are trying to cook the flour, but NOT burn it. It should bubble a little, and it is okay if it gets a little brown. When you feel you have cooked the flour, add the milk. This mixture will look terribly runny and gross and you will think all is lost and you failed. You haven't. Once the milk gets up to temperature, the cooked flour and butter emulsify the whole thing together as a sauce. Watch it and stir it every once in a while as it heats back up. You will know when things are working when the milk starts to darken, the oil slicks disappear, and the sauce assumes a sheen. Then suddenly it will turn into sauce as you stir.

Good! That's the hard part. Now bring the temp down to above low, and add the cheese in whatever order you like, stirring to melt it. The ricotta is for texture and smooth taste, the Parmesan is for strong flavor, and the cheddar is for kick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I suggest you serve it over spaghetti or the like with chicken and either green beans, asparagus, or zucchini.

If they could, my roommates would DRINK this stuff, you literally CAN NOT make enough.

17. partietraumatic

Spicy citron Chicken and Rice, this is my fav thing i cook,i love it :slight_smile:

The chicken:

Take your piece of chicken drizzle it with lemon juice (ideally you would leave the chicken to marinade in a sauce made up from water and lemon juice for 20mins,but dont have to if you dont have time :slight_smile: )

Take the chicken and cut it up into small bits. Add a small amount of salt and some ground black pepper.

Heat a frying pan with oil,put the chicken into the frying pan. Leave for 3-4 minutes so it starts to cook through. Make sure you are constantly stirring or tossing the chicken to make sure all the small bits get cooked properly.

After it has been cooking 3-4 minutes, sprinkle some chili flakes (i guess chilli oil would also work if you cant get flakes) over the chicken. Obviously how much depends on how spicy you want it :slight_smile:

(optionally at this point you can pour in some chicken stock,mixed with lemon juice,but i dont normally bother)

Continue stirring the chicken for 2-3 more minutes. Add a dash of light soya sauce, and some more pepper.

Finish cooking until the chicken is done through.

The Rice:

Fill a saucepan with boiling water, add a pinch of salt and some pepper.

Add the rice. Leave for a few mins until the water level has gone down as the rice absorbs the water.

Add lemon juice and some grated lemon zest and stir it in. (also nice is to add a stick of cinamon :slight_smile: )

Add some lemon grass and a bayleaf also.

Leave for a few mins,on a low heat on the stove so that the rice absorbs the flavours.

Finally add some pepper to the rice and some chilli flakes.

Once both rice and chicken are done:

Take the chicken off the heat

Take the rice out of the pan,and spoon it into the wok/frying pan in which you are cooking the chicken. Constantly stir it,the pan will still be hot so the chicken should carry on sizzling and the rice will cook and start absorbing all the flavours from the cooked chicken.

Stir until you feel the rice has absorbed enough flavour.

Put on a plate - done :grin:

18. Jeimuzu

Carrot and Coriander soup (My mum's =D)

2+ tsp dried powdered coriander
    6 medium carrots
    1 onion
    1+ Vegetable oxo (English product, don't know any other equivalent, sorry =( )
    Salt

Peel carrots, and chop. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be too specific, it's dead simple.
    Peel onion, and chop. You'll want this a bit finer than the carrots, but again it's not too much of a problem either way.
    Pop them both in a big pan, crush in the oxo cube and add the coriander.
    Boil the kettle.
    Add enough hot water to cover the ingredients, and then about another inch on top of that.
    Boil until the carrots are soft (best test is to get a spoon and with the edge, push a carrot against the side of the pan. if it just splits with no resistance, it's done)
    Put the whole thing in a liquidiser or use a hand-blender to blend until it's completely smooth.
    Heat until it's as thick as you like it. =]
    Add salt, extra coriander, and so on, to taste.

Enjoy!

----------

Mars Bar Rice Crispie cakes =D (our Mars bar is actually a Milky Way to USA people, basically it's a chocolate-malt nougat bar topped with caramel and coated in chocolate)

2 58g bars
    Lots of rice crispies
    1 heaped dessert spoon of butter

Basically, dead easy.
    Dice the bars. You want them to be about half the width of the bar itself.
    Pop the bars and the butter into a pan at a low heat.
    Stir until it's all melted. It'll smell AMAZING at this point, always does.
    Stir in the rice crispies. Once you think you can't fit any more in and coat them, add more. After stirring them in, add some more. Really, you have to add a few more than you think. You want no sticky mars bar sauce left, or they'll be really chewy and a bit tough to eat.
    Once you've really pushed the limits of how many rice crispies you can add, roll them into a tray so they're flat - you might want to grease it with a tiny bit of butter so they'll actually come off :astonished:) - and cut with a pizza wheel if you've got one, or a knife otherwise.

They're best when they're still warm. =D

19. Ben

Ben

There's another recipe thread as well you might find something useful in there :grin:

20. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that thread.
    I posted this in it.. You might want to add it to your book. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: