1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lots of friends with a viod in my heart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fabu2113, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

my birthday is coming up in november and all i want is, well this might sound wierd but gay friends.im so so lonely when it comes to gay friends.man just one at least so i can talk to or hang out with.because i dont know how much i can take.im tired of pertending.i cant make friends bc most of them are straight.well i can but we cant talk about the same things. he likes cars and talks about girls.me well i just go yeah thats cool man i think shes hot to.or (him) lets see a horror movie(me) well i guess would you like to see a romantic comedy:dry:i know.(him)ummm dude thats kinda gay not going in there.(me)yeah just kiding:thumbsup:.man i just want one day just to go any where, were people dont judge you at all for your sexual orientation.i want to go to like a gay area so i can meet firend but im shy and that also means i have to go alone too and what if someone i know sees me there thats not gay.and as for clubs idk.its tearing me apart i cant conseal it anymore every time i meet new people there always stories like,he was a little odd.im sad and i hunger to support and find out more about my community and meet other firends.:icon_sad:.well feel free to comment on anything you want.i want a boyfriend but sense i cant get at least one gay friend thats just pushing it.:icon_redf.

2. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, honey. I wish I could help talk about it, but I'm states away. But that is what the forums are for.

I can't speak for your area's non-straight atmosphere, but trust me, you probably do know gay people. The numbers you can find on the gay demographic? They HAVE to be wrong. Assuming there isn't anything in the water around here, out of about 50 people I know enough to talk to...there's thirteen LGBT people, including myself. There may be some sample bias there because of the nerdy circle of friends I keep (I feel there may be some correlation there) but the important part is I never attempted to accumulate them.

But of course, that is anecdotal and is not meant to represent any real figures, but it does imply that in an area where it isn't really a big deal, the numbers are MUCH HIGHER than where it is a big deal. Assuming the distribution is regular, there are at least a few closets roaming around in your circle of friends.

EC is a good place to feel better, and everyone here is supportive. Beyond that, you're going to have to eventually deal with it somehow. Checking the demos, you're in a tough spot: double the national average of Evangelicals, a hot spot of the Bible Belt, you are in a tough position. Cities are often less crazy than more rural areas, and usually have their little gay secrets, but I don't know about your city. My only advice is surf EC, it does wonders. And talk with that one friend who knows!

digi-hug!
    (*hug*)

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

thank you for that delightful comment it realy helped me out.reading that realy gave me another way of thinking.i dont have any gay friends but going out meeting some well help. as for the problems that come myway i have to deal with them and i think that is one of the thinks that will make me stronger to help others like me. but it sure is hard having pride for myself when im not even out.but i do know when theres a person in need of support thats like me, i can help her or him out and thats when ill become stronger for me and what i stand for in this close minded and ignorant world of ours.bc i know whats wrong or right according to me and that counts bc i think im a good person.thank you for the advise

4. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

im sure there is people near you that are gay too and you just dont know. maybe they are in the same situation. this is a great site to chat on i have found where people will listen to you. you never know maybe you will meet people on here that are near you and you can strike up friendship with.