1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoyed by Drivers!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AtomicCafe, Oct 21, 2009.

1. AtomicCafe

ARGH!!!

I go to a very large university with a lot of pedestrians and bikers, as well as the occasional driver. Having been in the position of all three at some point, I am extremely careful and polite when it comes to transportation.

Apparently no one else is. I've been hit by 3 cars and no less than 5 bikes while on campus since June. Today was just ridiculous. I was standing at a crosswalk with an SUV going perpendicular, and the girl driving it waved for me to cross. Once I was walking in front of her car, she hit the gas with full speed, then gets out of the car to make sure there were no dents!! To add to this, she looked about 12 and said to me (laying in the middle of the street by now), "No! This is my first time taking my mom's car! I can't get in trouble for this!" Well, once the police find your mom's car with the license number I gave them, I'm sure you'll be in for a world of trouble....

Seriously, I don't understand why these people are allowed near human society. Maybe I'm just too pissed off since I'm completely bruised and cut up right now.

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

No. I know what you mean. As a mostly-walker myself, I find myself shouting obscenities at drivers all the time. Why just today, I paused while crossing the street because the van across from me (who was doing a rolling stop at the intersection, mind you) had begun to speed up. I clearly stopped, assuming he was just going to barrel by me. However, the driver waved me on and then, while I was trying to cross yet again, he had the nerve to honk at me! Just because he had been too much of an idiot to stop at the Stop sign and had rolled into oncoming traffic. Fuck, man. That shit annoys me.

3. AtomicCafe

Ugh, that happens to me so much! I wish they had some sort of common sense test along with the driving test, just to make sure people like that can't get behind a wheel.

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear you. I've been nearly run over so many times at my school it's not funny. Thankfully since I've moved up to my school's senior campus there's only been a few times when an idiot with a car has gone crazy. xD

5. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well i gonna have to say there is idiots behind the wheel. but people walking about can be just as bad. most dont think to look where they walk. a pavement is for people, not the road. the amount of times people walk infront of me as i am going about in my car. its not funny. unfortunatly it will always be this way. happily i am a very good driver and very aware of people as i go about.

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's plenty of idiots walking, driving, and biking.

One of my biggest peeves is bike riders. Very frequently during my daily commute I see cyclists that make not only illegal, but down right dangerous moves. Utter and total disregard to red lights / stop signs (I'm not talking about rolling stops). Going straight from the curb of a right turn only lane. Biking at full speed in a crosswalk.

All time worst: A pedestrian activated overhead crossing lights from the left side of the roadway. All lanes of traffic stop. Pedestrian is a mere metre from the right curb when a bicycle goes whizzing by at full speed next to the curb.

I have seen plenty of bicyclists that are capable of integrating into traffic, but a shocking number that can't. And then complain when they almost get hit by a car.

7. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was one time I was walking in a parking lot to get into a store, and this bitch decides to race ahead of me in her car and take a parking space. She almost hit me, and didn't even check to make sure I had stopped walking. I wasfully aware of my surroundings and everything, she was just being a bitch, not caring about pedestrains going in to the store. So I gave her the finger.

8. paco

paco Guest

i pulled into jamba juice today and some lady in a lexus SUV was pulling out and hit a parked car that was a good 30 feet away to begin with. she didnt even get out to see what the thud sound was. it was just pure luck that the other car must have had magic bumpers and didnt have damage.

9. Jerr

Um, Texans.

Done.

To explain... I hate Texan drivers. I go to Texas for a few conventions... I try to stay in the fast lane and go a little (or more) above the speed limit because when I was young and my parents where in Texas (well we visited Dallas for a vacation) We almost got run off the road... MULTIPLE TIMES for having the NERVE to go the speed limit. So I went faster...

Little did I know that Texans only like to speed... IN THE SLOW LANE... In the FAST LANE they go, and I kid you not I watched my speedometer... 30 mph UNDER. I thought I was going to get a ticket for going TOO slow...

Another example of BAD HORRID TEXAN DRIVING. I was turning right into a shopping center... there was traffic behind me coming up (not far but you know it was coming) and I was going in... I slammed on the gas because a guy cutting across traffic (in other words he was in a turning lane and going left where I was going) figured he would beat traffic... I barely didn't get hit.

Oh and they have one road I had to drive on for 250 miles (I shit you not.) and the speed changes from 65 to 30... on the same road. So naturally I went 115. (Ok, that was when NO ONE was around and it is straighter then almost everyone on here.)

Oh, and there is a Day and Night speed limit... instead of a Truck and Car speed limit. (Arkansas has truck and Car... because a semi takes longer to stop then a car...)

10. Shevanel

Drivers from Jersey, or any other state for that matter.
    Busses. School, city, any kind. They're all assholes.
    Taxis are even bigger assholes (almost got run over by one today no less :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

If you're gonna drive in New York, you gotta drive like a New Yorker, otherwise, get off my fuckin road.

xD