1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furry.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nerdtendo, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Nerdtendo

So far, I have met this many people who Know what a Furry is: 0.

For those who dont know (which, so far, is every one), Furry is an Umbrella Term, but for the most part, it is one who belives he or she has an inner animal, known as either a Fursona or Totem Pole Self. Furrys celibrate there Fursona by creating costumes of there Animal selfs, known as Fursuits.

Within our comunity, we have out own vocabulary. To Scritch is to scratch each other, used commonly in a greating and a Furpile means sevral Furrys Scritching, though it does have a second meaning. Yiff, a populer term, means Sex. This is where Furpile's second meaning pretains to, though I am sure you get the general idea of this.

There are some bashers aginst Furrys who follow the common misconception aginst furrys, so allow me to clear something up. No, we are not perverts. We do not rape animals, and only a percentage of us are into Beastality. We are not all obease ignorent individuals who can not get a life. Most individuals do follow our morals and do not do things enterly like animals that would be deemed un-social, such as urinating in public.

I am aware that probably no one cares about this, but if this is read at least once, then I will feel I brought awarness to a misunderstood comunity that spreads world wide.

P.S. if any of you are intrested, I happen to be a German Shepard. :icon_bigg

2. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Learn something new everyday.

German Shepards are one of the few dogs I'm scared of :confused: lol

3. CrimsonThunder

Everyone is accepted here.

4. Nerdtendo

...boo. XD

5. Jim1454

You're the first 'real' person I've heard of that is into this. However, believe it or not, CSI had an episode that included this 'following'. I wasn't sure that it was for real, or if they'd just made it up. So now I know!

Yes - it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

I'm sure I'd likely be able to relate best to a dog. Perhaps a golden - we have one as a pet. But just the thought of being in one of the costumes makes me start to sweat!

6. Grof142007

Wow i read it but i wish i could understand it from your point fully

7. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! I saw an MTV Real Life over Furries about 2-3 years ago. I haven't had a problem with it since. I guess I never really had a problem with it, just didn't understand it.

8. 24601

I saw a BBC documentary called Anna Meets The Furries a while back, it was... interesting. I can't see I really dig what you're into, but to each his own. What you do with your personal life doesn't really affect me, so I'm glad you've found something that you're into.

9. xequar

I actually have a friend that's a furry, a white wolf in his case. He's a pretty normal individual that just happens to have that "inner wolf" and a very elaborate wolf fur suit. Like I say of most things in life, if you ain't hurting anyone, it doesn't bother me.

10. Choucho

I knew about furries for two reasons;
    1. That CSI episode that Jim mentioned earlier.
    2. I have friends who are on the role play site Furcadia, though that's not exactly the same thing, but I learned the term "yiff" from them (rather unwillingly). I also learned the term anthro, and probably a few other things that didn't stick.
    I've never really had a problem with it, I don't see it as wrong or perverted or anything.

11. Nerdtendo

Quick hint to ya, not all furrys have costumes. Some (like me) are too cheap to get one.

12. Nerdtendo

Any pics? You may want his permision first, though...

13. xequar

I think he has pics out on the web, but I actually haven't seen him online in a couple of weeks, so I don't know where they are or if he wants me distributing that info. I do know he was at this year's Anthrocon, and if you search for it on YouTube, there are videos, and I know he was in the parade. He actually had his suit custom made. It's very similar to a sports mascot suit, and it ran him over $2,000 U.S.. It's incredibly well done, but he said it's super hot inside and hard to see out of because of a lack of peripheral vision.

Personally, I don't quite understand the thrill of the suiting and some of the other aspects of the furry culture, although I do understand the concept of one's inner animal. But, I know of some other things that are just as far out there, some of which I do quite enjoy (I'm not going to elaborate any more on that topic). Like I said before, if you ain't hurting anyone, go for it!

Never mind... Apparently he has a vid up on youtube now...
    http://youtube.com/user/ErrorWolf

#13 xequar, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  14. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ditto. I've also heard the word yiff and barely understood it.

15. Vampyrecat

Umm, I've heard of this. i'm a bit of a gamer, I've heard a lot of unusual terms and things like that. Meeesa cat :slight_smile: Meow!

16. Nerdtendo

Woof!

17. davo-man

i had never heard of it,, apart from the CSI episode, where i wasnt sure if it was made up or not....Well you learn something new everyday....i reckon i would be a....spider....but that would be kinda hard to dress up as...and also, Peter Parker might sueme for copyright infringements

on the serious though, im like minded...its not hurting anyone, so to each their own, Live and let live...and other such mottos

18. Kimi

I never heard of it neither and I have to read it like 3 times to understand!!
    And also thanks to wikipedia:slight_smile:

I don't really have problem with it.

19. CrimsonThunder

If I was going to be an animal I'd like to be a Dragon. =O

20. Kimi

Hey, one question tho...Dragon is an animal????:rolleyes: