1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-Confidence

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AtomicCafe, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AtomicCafe

Last night, I was invited to a party (taking place tonight) for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Females only, celebrating their breasts. Not usually my thing, but my girlfriend is dragging my along. :kiss: Anyway, a pretty big portion of it is making breast molds, which equals mass toplessness among women!! (Now that's something I'm totally for.) I was thinking that was fun before I realized how much I absolutely hate my chest. It ain't pretty unless it's under a shirt.

Anyway, I thought this would make a fun thread: post what you love about yourself and how you make yourself feel beautiful or confident. I imagine someone out there with a partner would also find this thread sort of helpful to read!

2. Rygirl

I love my height, I'm about 5 11", and I hate my hair, its really dry and split in the winter weather.

3. AtomicCafe

Definitely agree on the hair thing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have really thick curls that turn to awful frizz most of the time and if I don't wash them every day, it goes all limp and gross. Ugh.

I love my lower legs most of the time. I'm a runner, so they usually look pretty nice, haha.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like my hands, even though they are covered in cat scratches, burns, bumps, cuts, bruises, and many other strange lesions most of the time. I still love them.

5. GhostDog

I love my hair! It's so soft and fluffy, and grows super-fast so if I hate a style, I can get a new one a little bit later. =D (Though it does mean that it's gonna take some cash to maintain the short style I have now.) I like my eyes, too. I think they're rather nice. =)

I feel like I could be kinda cute if I lost some weight, but looking at pictures of me now versus me in high school, it's crazy how even changing how I present myself makes a difference. I got contacts, a more flattering haircut, started doing my eyebrows, and wearing clothes that fit me better, and there are seriously people I had classes with for 2+ semesters who have trouble recognizing me now. It's kinda nice. =D

6. 71390S

71390S Guest

I love my eyes! I feel like I am carrying the ocean around with me because they are so blue =) I looove my arms, legs, hands, feet, basically my whole body. It is the most amazing machine.

7. Steam Giant

My hair's not great, and it takes a lot of attention to make it look good, but when I want to feel better about myself, I work on my hair ^^ when I do it right, and it's long enough, it doesn't look half bad! It's just the keeping up on it that kills me!

8. haelmarie

I like the corner of my eyes. The curve where my brow ridge meets my cheekbones makes a little indentation and I love it when it makes a shadow.

9. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Ugh, I hate my legs. I'm ghostly pale and I have this weird skin condition that causes me to have little pimple-like bumps ALL over them. I hardly ever show my legs (I'm ALWAYS wearing jeans, pretty much all year long), and I always feel embarassed when I do.

But wait a minute, I'm s'posed to be talking about stuff I like, aren't I?

Okay then. I really like my eyes. They're really big, with long eyelashes, and they're an odd shade of brown, almost amber; they look like a bright burnt orange color when I'm in the sun. I get a lot of compliments on my eyes, and it makes me feel good every time. :grin: (To be honest, I'm pretty happy with my face in general.) And I also like my figure. I'm really petite and can eat a ton of junk food without gaining a pound. (I know my metabolism will change when I get older, but can't I enjoy it while it lasts? :lol:slight_smile:

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I like.............. I like...... My eye lid??? thats its not a single eyelid like a typical chinese eye??? :shrug:

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even on the very frequent days when I hate virtually everything I see in the mirror, I have an unusual eye colour that I like a lot. Green eyes are cool. When it comes to things I hate, basiclly everything else.

12. SailingKoala

Gonna sound a little vain here i like my Bum and legs - it is what i look for in a bum and leg muscles....... my face, hair, definitely 3 times broken nose I would change....

13. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

I love my eyes. They have such a nice dark circle around them, and enough hazel spotting the blue that they can look green if I wear the right thing or put on the right makeup. People always tell me that they are beautiful, and I agree.

I hate my weight, but I am working to change it.

14. jazzrawr

I have super soft skin. :grin: Everyone says it's like silk. And I love my eyes, they're bright blue and have flecks of grey in them. :slight_smile:
    And...uhh...apparently I have soft lips. XD

I could probably look a lot better if I lost some weight, but that's probably not going to happen. I don't have the motivation. Not worth it, I'm happy as I am. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Totoro

I dislike my hair, my hands, and many other things about myself- I like my eyes, and only when i'm not smiling. Lol

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like my eyes because they can look green one moment and blue the next depending on what I'm wearing, it's odd.

It's not a physical thing, but I love my warped sense of humor.

17. MusicIsLife

I like my eyes and legs. my eyes are a really nice shade of blue, and theres a ring of yellow around the pupil and because of that in some lighting they look green :slight_smile: I like my legs cause they're really muscular and shapely, but infortunately they're also very pale :/

18. Hmm... I like my eyes. I think they're gorgeous if you get close enough, but depending on how far away you see them from they change from grey to blue to hazel. And I like my biceps, because they're muscular without being obnoxious about it. In the right light, I like my abs. In the wrong light I hate my abs. And I have a love/hate relationship with my hair: I love the color(s), but it's way too thick to be easily style-able.

19. GhostDog

Hey, better that your hair is too thick than too thin, eh? =)

... My brother's 18 and he's already balding, I feel so bad for him. =/

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love my legs.They're beefy (But I'm a pretty big boy, LOL) but they have a great shape, and I'm not afraid to show them off. I also like my lips. :grin: