1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arghhhhhhh driving test

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    im so annoyed. 4 months of learning to drive.

all down the drain because after my two minute test driving down a straight road and parking once the tester said i had no control over the car.

i mean like wtf no control ???
    first of all i drove perfectly with no problems.
    second of all what test takes 2 minutes
    third what answer is "no control"

im so frustrated i just have to shout.

my dad asks him after why i failed and his answer was
    " the driving is good and the understanding of the road is good , but he does not control the car" wtf???? ..

and i do not think that he failed me on purpose as much as i want to, but no control over the car is grrrrrr. ( even though i know they fail indians and people from east asia just like that) argh!!!

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww (*hug*)

Though I seem to hear stories like yours left and right. Most people I know had to take their exam twice over small issue like "no control" or "lacks self-confidence".
    Rumour has it the driving test institutions do this to get more money out of people (as you pay per test), but I'm not sure if that's more than a rumour.

I'm guessing all you can do is just try again, if possible get some practice before you take the test again, and somehow control the car more (or look like you're controlling the car more)...

3. Gaetan

I also failed my first driving test after the class. I misjudged one thing, got a mark against me. Because of nerves, I immediately screwed up again. Luckily, I was able to take the test again that afternoon.

4. SlickyPants

Did you have both hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2 position? Sometimes you can fail for something as simple as that. You may have driven great during your test but if you ever had to do any sudden maneuvers in an emergency situation you might not have control of the car.

Good luck with your second run.

5. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    like i said he failed me for no having control over the car... he just had to find some wierd excuse
    i was confident i was so suprised when he said i failed

6. xequar

Didn't have control of the car?

That sounds like my driving test administrator back in 1997 that said I didn't satisfactorily turn my head at railroad crossings, didn't sufficiently signal when changing lanes, and rolled through numerous stop signs.

What that translated to (my Mom helped me figure it out, as she had to be in the car for the entire driving test along with the administrator) was that I only turned my head 90 degrees in each direction at the railroad crossings, I only used my blinker for five seconds when I changed lanes, and that the front bumper of the car was past the stop sign but still BEHIND the legal stop lines on the pavement.

As it was, the only reason I passed the test was because the driving route wasn't long enough for the administrator to deduct enough bullshit points to fail me. Even my mother, who normally to this day (I'm 27 and drive in city traffic every day) will still get nervous at my driving, said the administrator's comments were fabricated BS.

7. I got a 75 on my driving test. Still passed, but I think it was the lowest passing grade of the day. :lol:

I did perfect on the actual driving section. Just the right speed. Comfortable turns. My only criticism from my instructor was when we got to an open area with a four-way stop. I stopped the vehicle, glanced with my eyes, and continued through the intersection. He said he understood why I didn't turn my head since it was an open area, but to make sure to actually look like you're looking next time.

My biggest problem was parallel parking. I was told it wouldn't be on the test, so I didn't even bother trying to be good at it. When I found out it was on the test and it came time to squeeze my sister's bigass Buick Rendezvous in a six foot space, I had flattened three cones. She immediately called my dad and told him I was failing. :lol:

Luckily, I didn't, and now I'm a certified, card-carrying organ donor.

Good luck on your next test, Steve. (*hug*)

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yet another shining example of why I am scared to drive. The disgruntled DMV workers are always in the worst of moods and decide to nit pick over stupid things.

I'm sure you'll do well next time, and hopefully you get a different instructor too.

9. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I hate my instructor as he is a HUGE homophobe BUT he is the best I have had and he's getting me though it all well so I think I can pull through it...