1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geist, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So the other day me and my boyfriend were about to eat breakfast on my college's campus. When a friend whom I had not seen in over a year. (she doesn't know I'm gay). So I talked with her a little bit and I introduced my bf as my friend. She ended up inviting both me and him over to eat with her and her friends.

So we end up walking over and catching a table with her and two of her friends. We exchange pleasantries for a while. Then she mentions to her friend about how she missed the last Chi Alpha meeting and would need to talk with him later to find out what she missed. This caused my hear to stand on the back of my neck, since Chi Alpha is not just a christian group but the most fundamentally harsh one I have ever seen and downright venomous in its position on gays. (as in wanting to make homosexuality illegal and seeing it as the greatest sin of our time).

I have actually had a few arguments with the leader of Chi Alpha. And as if on que Bob, the leader of Chi Alpha, walked up right behind me and started talking with them. Thankfully he didn't recognize me and just walked away after exchanging a few words with them. Thankfully my bf and I had to leave to catch class so we got out of there as quickly as we could. While in truth we were never in any real danger it was one of the most awkward 40 min of my life. And I am still left stunned at how little I knew about my old friend and how much had changed in the past year. It seems I have a tendency to make friends with a lot of people who will dislike if they were to find out.

has anyone else had awkward moments like this happen to them?

2. kramer362

You should start introducing him as your boyfriend, lol

Talk to her one on one and see if she agrees with the group's stance on homosexuality. :dry:

3. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well the thing is we were never great friends. And I knew she was very into her religion. So I never really bothered to tell her.

Plus I'm sure she does. Considering there are over 5 other christian groups on campus and it is the only one that focuses specifically on the evils of homosexuality and the "perversions" of the modern world.

4. kramer362

Then seriously tell her you wanna discontinue your friendship. Homosexuality is not some modern perversion, it's a 'perversion" that's been around since the beginning of humanity, haha

She's gonna have a sad life focusing on tearing others down. Stay away!

5. Just Adam

you should of jsut kissed him infront of all of them and if tehy go into shock or throw up laugh and leave hand in hand skipping into the rainbowy sunset.

6. justbeingme

That's happened to me al lot.

Like this one time, I was playing around in some fountains with some of my gay friends and having a blast when one of my best friends from elementary walked by. I wanted to tackle her but I didn't, and we just started talking and catching up on old drama and then she started throwing around "..so gay..." and "fagget" and "queer" in front of me and all my friends who had gathered in the conversation.

I felt like crying i was so mad and embarrassed and depressed at the same time that I didn't know what to say. I mean this person used to know me the best, and now that I'm out, she doesn't know me at all...

7. HackmanWIU

You should have kissed your boyfriend and turned the table of awkwardness onto them, that would have been epic.

8. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol if only I had the courage to do that.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh yeah! I was at work a few months ago, and some how we got on the Bible. I mentioned about how the Bible contradicts itself and what not, and I mentioned old Leviticus and his gay hating policy, and how he also said eatting shrimp is wrong and wearing fabric from two animals, and other nonsense.

So the girl at work says, "Well, being gay is still wrong."
    To which I reply: says the unwed mother.

So, that was a fun argument, which I won't get into on here.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahaha, that sounds like fun

12. adam88

Have you read Leviticus recently? I did, for the first time since (catholic) high school. :grin: 12 chapters of what, when and where to sacrifice animals, 2 whole chapters on how to tell if someone has leprosy (useful for nomads), a few chapters on general rules (including the infamous man-man one... doesn't mention women, but then again women were essentially considered property of their husbands.), rules on what is clean and unclean and what to do if unclean and lots and lots of info on what not to eat (including blood and fat - if you follow the rules of Leviticus, bacon is certainly double-ungood). All of this narrated by god to Moses, who was instructed to narrate it to Aaron, who was instructed to narrate it to his people at the time who were nomadic Hebrews looking for their promised land. Kosher laws were formed from these once they reached their promised land, and those laws were abolished by (none other than) Jesus, which is why Christians do not follow Kosher rules.

Why do people feel it's still a valid argument?

13. SpinachWrap

Because of supposed New Testament scripture forbidding homosexuality. That's not really valid either because of some mistranslations/misinterpretation.

14. Beachboi92

if i was there with my BF i would have grabbed him and done everything that i could get away with legally right there and skipping into a rainbow sunset would add a nice touch xD
    and for the unwed mother reply i would have laughed so hard until that women was running away crying absolutely great xD

----------

oh your sig=<3