1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is EC thankful for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LivingInLyric, Nov 4, 2009.

1. LivingInLyric

So, I was just thinking about Thanksgiving; it's coming up in the US in a couple of weeks. Then I got curious: what are all you ECers thankful for? I'll start.

:slight_smile: Warm hugs
    :slight_smile: Being in love
    :slight_smile: Glee!

...and all of you for being here for me when I need it! (*hug*)

2. Shevanel

Everything :slight_smile:

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This. I'm thankful for every single thing in my life. All of it, both good and bad.

4. Just Adam

im thankfull for vampires.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I'm thankful that Canada is sensible enough not to have two turkey eating/bursting at the seams/weight gaining type holidays right after each other. Having Thanksgiving in October is infinitely better. I mean, aren't you just finishing your leftovers by the time December rolls around?

6. haelmarie

So many things.

I'm thankful for a warm home, for food whenever I want to eat, for my parents paying 15 grand a year to make sure I get a good education, that I was given so many physical gifts. I'm thankful that I have and will continue to have so many amazing experiences available to me.

7. Shevanel

Different foods :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But they are both necessary :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: FOOD IS GOOD xD

8. GhostDog

Hmm. There are many things!

- P!nk, Rachel Maddow, and all the other hawt wiminz in the world.
    - Puppies
    - Art, specifically that I actually have a direction in my personal work now =D
    - My excellent family and friends
    - That the world is full of people with this amazing creative urge, and that they share their art, music, stories, poems, dancing, and whatever else you can think of, with the rest of us. <3

... And the lesbians.

HAD TO BE SAID.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I am grateful that my friend sent me the book World of Warcraft and Philosophy for my birthday, through which I discovered Nietzsche's theory of the overman (English translation of Übermensch), a theory he explored in Thus Spoke Zarathustra and a theory which finally resolved my three year's longer existential crisis which was the root cause of my depression. You see, I am a nihilist and an absurdest, so I see life as fundamentally worthless and pointless. However, the overman lives in spite of these facts and enjoys life rather than wallowing in nihilistic misery, and that was the approach to life that I was looking for. It may seem a simple theory to you, yet it never occurred to me until I read that book.

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Hurray for similar philosophies! (Although, I don't think life is worthless.)
    I'm surprised that you hadn't thought of just living life because it's fun. Yeah, sure, there's no real point where you go, 'Aha! That's why I had to spill that icecream sundae down my dress in front of the school.' But just because there isn't a meaning doesn't mean you can't make one for yourself.

Seize the moment, 'cause tomorrow you might be dead.
    Internet love and fangirling to people who know where that quote is from.

11. Darkwing65

Ah thanksgiving... god i love punkin pie. I made one Today mmm. That's it, I'm thankful for pumpkin pie :grin:. Among all the other ways this life has blessed me.