1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kevinx519, Aug 10, 2007.

1. kevinx519

i dont know if this topic was mentioned before but i was just really curious. howd you guys get into dating (With someone of the same sex)? with or without your parents knowing? how old were you when you first dated? lots of questions, i know. but i'm starting to think about dating someone.

2. Gera-Kun

I haven't dated a guy at all...sucks

3. CrimsonThunder

First of all you gotta know the person is gay or bi, then they have to be interested. They must know that it can't be a relationship that is shown in public.

4. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah it can be tricky to find someone, if no one knows you are gay. do you know anyone at all in your school or social circle who is gay or think that they might be. this can lead to meeting others, and then you could find someone you may like.

my experience was my neighbour who was the same age. we didnt date. we just fooled around. later at school i found a group of friends who were artists and hung around dance clubs and gay bars of a weekend. i started going out with them, and then started meeting guys. i felt like i was thrust into an adult world though, a bit too fast.

this is a site with a lot of guys your age. maybe you could check through the profiles and see if anyone lives nearby.

you would certainly have a lot in common.
    good luck.

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have never dated cuz as i have said before there are like zero gay people where I live

6. Time

I'm 13, and I've dated a few girls. I haven't enjoyed it though.
    I'd LOVE to date a guy :grin:

7. Choucho

Well, I've only been in one relationship... if you can call it that. But the guy sucked, so we never spent any time together. Like seriously, none. Except online, but... yeah.
    Anyway, I just met him because I was hanging out with a friend, who was hanging out with a friend, who was hanging out with a friend etc. and he was amongst the random jumble of people. We had three classes together, but never really talked to each other. Then one day he randomly added me to msn.
    I've blocked him twice since then. ^_^;;
    I know for sure there's another bi guy at school. There were two other gay guys, one graduated, one moved away.
    But none of them were really dating material, in my eyes anyway. So you see even if you can find gay guys, it guarantees nothing. But you must always be optimistic! I still am. :slight_smile: I'm trying to come out more. Because frankly I don't care about homophobes at this point, I just want to be me. =D

Oh, and I've had two online boyfriends...

Edit: Oh yes, I've dated a few girls, five or ten or so. >.< But pff. Girls don't count. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm still friends with them all though.

8. Time

This is something I've found to be so true. In my homophobic town, there is actually one other gay kid in my school, even in my grade. But I would never go out with him. He disgusts me quite frankly, and he's extremely annoying.

9. Kimi

Finding a gay or bi person is the problem I think. Since you are 16, only way to get know gay people is from your friend or something. Have you ever hear of your friend talking about gay guy in their class or something? If so, you can ask that guy if he knows other gay guys or if you like the guy then you can ask him to go out. And you don't really need to tell that you are gay either if you don't want to. Just say you think gay people are cool or something.

And as far as parents thing, you don't really need to tell your parents that you'll be going out with someone who is gay or bi and he might be your future bf or something. You only tell them that you and him are getting along well so you and him decided to go see a movie and grab something to eat tonight. Then they can't tell anything more than that and most importantly you are not lying!!!!

My first official date was when I was 15. But it was with girl:slight_smile:

10. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first guy i went out with... i met him in Florida at a club on vacation... we went out for a week, went out everyday... then i went home and he kept calling me and e-mailing me... 3 e-mails a day average... he got so clingy i had to get a new e-mail address... block his calls to our phone... so yeah be carfeul who you choose, and don't rush into anything.

The hardest part about finding someone is, finding someone that is gay... the latest guy i had a date with... it took me 2 weeks to find out he was gay and another 3 days to get the courage to ask him out... i know i am a wimp:confused:

11. kevinx519

haha i dont think you're a wimp corey. yeah i think finding a guy is probably the hardest thing. ive heard of a few gay guys at my school but none of them are bf material in my eyes. and i thinhk the worst part is that im into "straight-acting" gay guys...wow..how ironic. but yeah. maybe i can pull through for a couple more years. i plan on coming out to my parents before i leave for college.

12. Torture

Torture Guest

I've dated a few girls before, I never dated any guys tho. My last girlfriend and I lasted for 8 months till we split. After that I've hated girls even more.

13. Torture

Torture Guest

I'd like to, too. <ish confused>.

14. step49x

I've got similar problems. I'm currently looking for someone who isn't stereotypically gay. It ain't easy, partially because I'm not really doing that much looking, and unless you have a really good gaydar, you won't know I'm gay.

Oh, and if you haven't picked out your college, yet, make sure you find a nice liberal one which has a strong GSA. I didn't look for those things (i'm at a small, Christian Reformed- affiliated college, and it's made things, well.. more "interesting"... :dry: ).

15. gaymichael

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey im lookin for a boyfriend on a long distance relationship because i have not cane out 2 my mum and dad yet so if yes quote me

16. gaymichael

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey u wanna date me over the internet cuz i live in united kingdom

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah if you can broaden your tastes out from "straight-acting," you'll have a much easier time of it. Of course, you never really know exactly what someone means when they say "straight-acting" because it's such a subjective thing. But anyway I'd rather have someone who was less than butch but findable than stay single because I insisted my boyfriend was all masculine.

But then I think guys who are super-masculine are totally putting on an act and conforming to society's expectations, so I tend to gravitate away from them anyway. I'd rather have someone who was themselves, where that included some interesting blend of traits considered "masculine" and "feminine."

18. Kibuki kid

I dated a girl once. It was nice but all i could think of was the person who introduced us(HOT:thumbsup: !). Id love to date a guy(!) , i dont even mind an internet(long distance) relationship:icon_redf

19. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Ive dated girls....akward lol not that fun would love to date a guy.

20. hideinyourshel

I came out to my best friend, and over the next few weeks he came out to me, and it went from there...