1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspring tales..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LeonaRose, Nov 8, 2009.

1. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was reading an article the other day and it really got to me in a positve light so I thought I'd share it. Well, my opinions and such.
    A young girl from America had basically been brutally raped by some prick who then went on to rape several other girls repeatedly and threaten to kill them. Many of the girls seemed to step back, hide from it and not do anything. Which don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them for, yeah it's not a good thing but I would imagine being in that position you'd be terrified of them coming after you it's an evil catch-22 in that respect. I'm pretty sure most of the girls who haven't reported a rape wanted to but daren't out of pure fear or even the feeling of being disgusted at themselves so it's not really something you can blame them for. I've not reported a lot of things I should have done out of pure fear of no-one believing me so I totally get where they're coming from.
    But anyway this girl did get the courage to report what had happened and she did it pretty much straight away despite it all. She spent a hell of a lot of time living in fear of what might happen to her and even wound up having to move leaving all her stuff in her flat beause she couldn't face it there anymore.
    He unfortunately attacked more girls in the space of this time but because of her reporting it the police knew what to look for and more girls came forward because they knew the police already knew about it anyway. Took a while for them to find him but they eventually caught him and she had to go through the trauma of facing the sick bastard in court. But why has this article made me so happy and inspired? Because, because of her courage despite being terrified, because of her determination not to let him get away with what he was doing to all those girls, that piece of crap asshole got 650 years in prison with minimum chance of parole.
    She along with other girls went through all that trauma but it wasn't for nothing. Thanks to her bravery he won't be going near anyone again.
    It's women like that that need true recognition and praise. That has genuinely amazed me beyond belief, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been to not only go through the rape itself, but go through having to relive everything and face your attacker just to be sure justice is done. I'm in complete awe right now she's become a personal heroine.
    :eusa_clap
    Anyone else read anything inspiring lately?

2. ANightDude

Gotta love our legal system.

But yes, its a great story on how doing what may seem wrong ends up being right. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

3. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So amazing. Made my day.

4. kettleoffish

www.givesmehope.com gives me my daily dose of inspiration to stop me from completely hating the human race :grin: