1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projects

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fargo, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Well, as a young male, and having not done much with my life, I would like to do something worth while. So I was thinking of having you all help me come up with project ideas that I could do, or we could work on together. Such projects would be: Donating to causes, helping food banks, volunteering, starting programs, sponsoring youths in poverty, etc. Of course these projects take planning and great consideration, but I got time =) If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to accept them ^^
    I'm ready to make a difference, are you?

2. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you can make a short documentary

#2 Halo, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  3. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Haha not what I meant xP That doesn't help anyone.

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends. If it communicates a message about awareness about something it would.

5. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Something I can do though within my power at this moment. I can't afford to make a short documentary, and I'd have no idea on what.

6. gemerency

3 words. gay bake sale.

oh wait, thats a fundraiser isn't it. i suppose you could attach messages to the food that says things about homophobia being bad. that might make a difference. lol

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG GAY BAKE SALE.

I'M IN.

Problem solved. Funds go to PFLAG.

8. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was actually about to make this exact same topic before I saw this. I'm also looking for good project ideas, as I find myself with a lot of free time lately and there's not really a lot to work with in my immediate area. Maybe if we work together, we can come up with something.

9. s5m1

What interests you? Are you concerned about animals, battered women, abused children, LGBT equality, poverty, the homeless, illiteracy rates, dropout prevention, community redevelopment? The list of possible ideas is endless. The real question is what are you passionate about? Pick that area, do some research online to find volunteer opportunities and then pick up the phone or send an email and volunteer.

10. Greggers

Salmon Arm, huh? Well, from all i know about Salmon Arm you might be better off trying to save money and donate it to a cause; I dont know how many opportunities you will find in your community there.

Maybe try putting away x amount of dollars every month or every paycheck and then when you reach your goal of x dollars you divide it out between whatever causes you feel are most important at that time? If any votes on gay marriage are happening in the states you can give it to that campaign, or there is always the Trevor project that needs funding. Whatever it is your passionate about works.

As for other ideas that more directly help your community? Hmm, you cold try and get a weekly group going that walks around the city picking up garbage or makes sandwiches for the homeless if thats a big problem in your area? Its always easier to do things in a group.

11. fallendream

ill buy gays cakes!

12. From experience, food banks are actually pretty fun. Try getting some friends together to go. I went on a field trip and had a blast.

Also, try and turn something you like or are good at into some sort of service. This summer I got 75 hours (we need a certain number to graduate) just by doing a show at a community theatre. And I'm planning on getting about forty more hours this January playing my harp at retirement homes.

So do something with friends, or meet new people- when I went to a food bank we spent about an hour and a half packing food into baggies and talking about random stuff while we did. Or do something you enjoy.

13. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I've come up with something I can pull off. I'm thinking of starting a website. I have a subject matter in mind, but I need to do some research to see if it's something worth working on. I'll get into the details once I see if it's feasible or not.