1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this true?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 1980WannaBe, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 1980WannaBe

1980WannaBe Guest

Is it true that homosexuals are more significantly more likely to be left-handed than heterosexuals?

I am left-handed but I am not sure what I am yet, though I am more attracted to guys than girls. I don't think being homo or hetero has anything to do with what hand you write with right?

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    I write with my right hand and jack off with my left hand. Maybe that's what they mean.

3. Greggers

I have never heard that one before o-o

Ive heard the gay men are have a high chance to have pointer and ring fingers close to the same length and its the opposite in gay women? (Its vise versa in most straight men and women)

4. Just Adam

i would say its a load of rubbish dont believe these myths.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I have heard this but I don't believe it. I'm right handed and I jerk off with my right hand.

6. paco

paco Guest

i'm fully right handed.. but i'm left footed with some things. if that counts.

7. ausdtc

I'm right-handed, my left hand is just not cooperative for most things!!

8. kettleoffish

this one is true and scientifically proven, IIRC. It works for me anyway.

I think people make the link because similar percentages of the population are gay or left handed, so people say that 'it's just as common to be gay as it is to be left handed', and the link is made.

I'm right handed, and I normally jerk off with my right hand :slight_smile: but I'm quite close to ambidextrous though - I can write with my left hand without it being particularly (more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) messy, it just takes a bit more concentration.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm EXTREMELY right handed and right footed. my left hand is useless at EVERYTHING.

except snooker, for some reason i can play that well with both hands. a useful trick!

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm right handed for writing, left handed for just about everything else.

11. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it's true in my case. I'm gay, and I write with my left hand. :slight_smile:

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have only anecdotal evidence, but from what I have observed, it appears that a higher percentage of gay people are left-handed than in the straight population.

Keep in mind that left handed people are only about 10% of the population in total, so just because there's a higher percentage, the majority of gay people will still be right handed.

I had once occasion where I was in the car with 4 other gay acquaintances and we somehow noticed that we were all left handed. The statistical likelihood of that happening would be fairly low, but not impossible. Also, among my current group of ~15 relatively close gay friends (none of whom were in the car above), about 5 or 6 of them are left handed. So from these two situations I could at least say that I have an abnormally high number of friends who are both gay and left handed compared with what one would expect in a random population sample.

To be fair, however, there are also other odd correlates with left-handedness. I went to a hippy-touchy-feely high school that had about 200 students. It was a public school that students could opt to go to and was far more open and unstructured than a typical school. Because it was sort of the "ugly stepsister" of the public school system, it got all the leftover crap none of the other schools wanted. So a lot of the student desks were left-handed ones. However, this ended up working out, because we quickly noticed that a lot more students at the school were left handed than at a typical school (about 30%, if I remember correctly.) And no, I don't know the percentage of gay students there, but I suspect it was also higher than the norm.

13. endless poetry

left handed in everything... except for ball throwing like handball or football or something. . . :slight_smile:

and yes my index and ring fingers are very close in length

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m almost fully ambidextrous. My writing is more legible when done with my right hand, but if I take my time it looks nice either way.

15. HackmanWIU

Gay and Left-handed...Check and Mate.

16. AtomicCafe

Also gay, left-handed, and my point finger is significantly longer than my ring finger. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Darn me for following stereotypes!!

17. Silvermark

I'm right handed and right footed.
    I can't do fuck all with my left hand / foot due to my dyspraxia...
    So meh.

18. RaeofLite

Yes. That's like the fact the other day on a site that I read where you can tell a gay woman by how she cries when she's born. If she really wants to go back in. Oh and wanting spiky hair and wearing butch clothing when she grows back up.

....:lol: :icon_wink
    I think it's a myth hun. All the scientists and researchers are trying to find a way to "predetermine" who will turn out or is gay in my opinion. We're dynamic as human beings and I don't think things like that determine anything. It's all psychological/biologically wrapped in some other way that determines who's gay/bi etc.

19. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm gay and left-handed for everything ecept using scissors

I don't have a lot of close gay friends, but of the two I know real well, one is left-handed. That's technically 50% :wink:

20. paco

paco Guest

uh oh...i think i might be straight. my ring and pointer finger are definitely different lengths.