1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study Abroad in Europe?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Miles D

Hey guys, this is a quick question for all you Europeans :slight_smile:

I'm in my second year of college (or university, as it is referred to in some places) and I'm considering studying abroad next year, for either one or both semesters.

Does anyone know of any good schools for music performance (I play cello & viola) that have a study abroad program? I found Middlesex University, which I'll be looking into, but I'd like some other options, too.

Se hablo un poquito espanol, but I'd like to study in a country where they speak at least mostly English.

Thanks!! :icon_mrgr

-Miles

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to study in Europe, a good programme to look into is the Erasmus programme. It is a student exchange programme of the European Union. It might be worth to have a look at it as they have a few places for non-European students every year as well.

3. Possibly Maybe

Hello there! :grin:

I have some experience doing that- studying abroad.

First you should know which schools/universities are connected with yours. Programs like Erasmus and Socrates (if memory doesn't fail me!) normally function with schools associated to your own. Go to the administrative part (i'm sorry, dunno the word in english!) and ask for a list. Being inside a program will help you with costs (food+loadging etc).

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

----------

Damn, I thought you were in the UK...
    But do what i said, ask if there is any protocol with european universities.