1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Look

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Choucho, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Choucho

Alright, so I go back to school next month. Lately I've been imagining myself going back to school with all sorts of odd hair styles and clothing and such, that in real life my parents would never allow, or I simply wouldn't really do it because I don't think I could pull it off. Being made fun of is no big thing with me, I'm so zoned out I hardly ever notice anyone's talking to me.
    Anyway, so I was just wondering. If you could wear absolutely anything, or have any hair style etc. and make it work, what would you do?
    I have a bunch of ideas, I'll post mine later. >.<

2. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Well, I did a complete makeover on my self recently, and I look completely different.

I used to have long hair with blonde highlights in it. I spiked it and did all kinds of things with it. But over the summer I just realized I didn't want to deal with it anymore, so I got a buzzcut. A 1" all over. And I grew my facial hair out to the same length. I think I look hot, and so do a lot of other people. But I don't think my look would work for everyone.

3. Micah

I "revamped" myself a few years ago.

I grew my hair out, went blond, got new clothes, went on medication to take care of my pimples, got a tan. Actually I think I might have an old photo of me lying around. Ooo I'll find it and be right back!

4. Micah

Ok, here it is:

[​IMG]

I suppose the point I'm making is that change can do wonders for your self confidence, and its possible for everyone. You don't have to change who you are. Heck! Even a new hair cut can make your feel like a different person.

If you don't think you can pull off an extreme change, start with one thing and work your way up =]

5. Rette

Wow, that's a marked improvement (not that you looked bad before!). I really like your hair.

6. CrimsonThunder

I like the before and after shot. =P

7. Choucho

Gah, I suck at getting rid of my pimples. I was prescribed some medication last summer, but I had to take it at the same time every day, and I kept forgetting. -_-; So it didn't have much affect, and my mom never refilled the prescription because of it.
    But the main thing is, even if I was ready for a big change my parents wouldn't allow it. I'm not allowed to dye my hair any more (I've only done it once) while I live at home, I'm not allowed to get any "weird" hair cuts, etc. I just have to be "Normal" -_-; Same goes for my clothing. A friend let me wear her spiked collar for halloween and put wash-out color in my hair and my mom almost lost her head.
    Anyway, some of the things I've thought of are;
    1) Getting one side of my bangs cut off at forehead length, and leaving the other side down past my shoulders, but it would only really look good (in my mind) if I straightened my hair, and if my hair wasn't so thick. And maybe it would look better with my natural color too.
    2) Dyeing my hair completely black with red stripes and straightening it
    3) Dyeing my hair light blue with black streaks (when I mean light blue I mean like.. blue cotton candy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    4) Dyeing my hair black with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple streaks
    5) Dyeing my hair white with red and blue streaks
    6) Dyeing my hair either green, orange, or purple with white streaks.

Umm. o.o I'm pretty sure there's been more but that's all I can think of for now. Yeah, my mind is... elsewhere. And I don't think any of those things would really suit me. And I haven't even started on the clothes yet, ohhh boy...

8. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How about dying your hair black with blue cotton candy streaks?
    The idea with all the different colour streaks sounds interesting but I don't know how good it would look cos it seems like the colours would clash.

9. Micah

Well you always have the option of doing it before they can stop you? (am I allowed to suggest that?)...

I mean once your hair is dyed they can't exactly say "sit in a corner until it grows out"...

They'd either have to make you dye it back or shave it off. Is shaving your head on your list of things? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why are they so strict about your style anyway? Did you do something extremely obscene that has shocked and scarred them?

11. Choucho

Well knowing my dad, he could kick me out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm about the age my brother was when my dad kicked him out, and my sister was kicked out once for disagreeing with him, but she came back the next day.
    No, I didn't do anything obscene or anything, I'm pretty quiet at home. My dad's just strict, and my mom thinks it will look bad...
    My friend told me if I came over to her house she'd dye it for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The problem is, I have no idea where I would find that shade of blue. The only thing we have in town is about 30 shades of blond, 2 shades of black and 3 shades of red... maybe a few shades of brown.
    When we go shopping for school clothes, I'm going to see if my mom will allow me to get clothes at somewhere besides Wal Mart. And if not, I shall not be happy. >.<

12. Kimi

Damn, you're mom only buy your clothe from Wal Mart!?!? That's sucks.

Thank god my mom hated Wal Mart and she would never buy a clothe for me or anyone in my family.
    If I said I want a new clothe she'll take me to the mall and let me choose anything I want but of course she'll check the price tag and if she is not happy about the price I have to let it go but usually she is ok with anything under $100.

I have to wear uniform for school so I don't really have choice but wear my uniform but I would love to dye my hair to caramel brown color.

And is it ok to get plastic surgery??

13. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i looked like this not long ago and still really look the same
    [​IMG]

14. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm planning on my next school holidays to grab some cash out of my bank account and do a full-scale makeover. Have my hair done, get a tan, full wardrobe makeover and tone up a tiny bit. (I don't like guys who are supermega bulked, but just a tiny bit of tone I don't mind xD)

15. Choucho

Well, I've been trying to work out lately, but it's sort of difficult in this house. My parents sleep in the basement, so everything I do sounds like a herd of elephants. My mom gets home from work at about 7:30 am, and sleeps until 4 pm. She leaves for work at about 6:15 pm and my dad is usually in bed be 7:30pm. All the time in between, either or both of them are watching tv, so I can't have my music on loudly, and to be honest the music is a lot more energizing than my willpower is. >.<
    I wouldn't exactly mind a tan either, but I'd feel silly lying outside in my bathing suit, and I'd be nothing short of paranoid at a beach in this stupid town. >.<
    But, where there's a will, there's a way I suppose.

16. 24601

I've recently undergone a pretty extensive revamp, too. I've been working on my acne (was very good, then had an outbreak during a week long vacation, now getting good again), lost 40 lbs, and completely changed my wardrobe. My hair is pretty much the same. But yeah, where there's a will there's a way. It always makes me angry when people complain about their looks or something totally within their control and don't act on it. Good for you! Take that next step and become a new person. As Dave said, it will really boost your self-confidence. Just don't get kicked out of the house...

Also, as for this...

I really wouldn't do anything like that, especially with your parents. Especially the first one. I guarantee it won't look exactly how you're envisioning it, and, at least in my opinion, would look hideous on you. Sorry for being blunt. Maybe you should start with something more subtle...?

17. Choucho

As I said, that's just stuff I've thought about. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: When I imagined it, I didn't actually imagine it on me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    As I said, I'm not allowed to dye my hair at all anyway. And "subtle" isn't really my thing. I don't really care how it looks, I just don't want to look like anyone else. I'm not out to be the hottest guy in school or anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm just looking to be someone I'm happy with being.

18. Jerr

I changed a LOT after I graduated. I cut my hair to a way that ment I wouldn't have to wear a beanie to keep it straight. I bought new clothes with my graduation money. Instead of the tshirt that said something random and blue jeans I have like button up shirts and name brand t shirts and I have name brand pants. I'm working out now and I've lost a little bit of weight. I look extremely different. At least if you saw me at school (when I couldn't wear my beanie.)

Amazingly the name brands weren't that expensive...

19. SpikySpice

Omg that is a good idea, I fi could i want to higlight my hair blue, and the tip of my spke is some res, cuz teh traditiuonal colors of my school is red and blue

But still, i have no idea what to dress like, it'll be ordinary me

20. 24601

They're honestly not, especially when you go in during sales. As much as I love expensive things, my mother has beaten looking out for sales into my head. Often times stores at the mall will have sales as much as 50% off, especially on things like t shirts. If you want to be "different," though, I'm not sure that's what you're aiming for. With strict parents, I'm not sure how different you can really go. Have you talked to them at all about changing your look? Like recently?

#20 24601, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007